PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas says he was insulted/disrespected by Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll miss you. You seem like a decent, but overly sensitive, person overall. Maybe the next team you root for, you can learn something about what makes them tick first.......

Why in the world would you make such a comment?

You are saying I’m not a real fan because a poster is ignorantly discussing statistics and that I disagree with your arrogant approach that since the patriots haven’t lost 3 games in a row in 17 years every opinion you personally have about them is correct?
Honesty, are you posting from a “facility”?

Last edited:
I'm simply suggesting that one of the udfa WRs should have been placed on the PS. Also, I was not in favor of hiring AB at the time, so there is that. Obviously once hired, then I was opposed to releasing AB, which is what has put the team in a pickle. So I'm batting 0 for 2, wrong on both counts.

We simply disagree, that's fine.

If AB was never signed then DT would have not been traded. But this moves us from "trading DT" was a mistake to "signing AB" was a mistake which is a different conversation imo.

I disagree with the UDFAs to PS option because both would have been signed away. But this is also a different conversation so I will leave it at that.

Ultimately -- to sum up my point -- having 2 UDFAs develop at more than half the price (or even considerably more with the incentives and roster bonuses) and produce about expected numbers for depth pieces is not something that looks like a mistake to me.

Injuries happen and obviously I would prefer to have DT right now on the team to get through the next 2 games but I don't really see an obvious team building mistake anywhere.

If AB was never signed then DT would have not been traded. But this moves us from "trading DT" was a mistake to "signing AB" was a mistake which is a different conversation imo.

I disagree with the UDFAs to PS option because both would have been signed away. But this is also a different conversation so I will leave it at that.

Ultimately -- to sum up my point -- having 2 UDFAs develop at more than half the price (or even considerably more with the incentives and roster bonuses) and produce about expected numbers for depth pieces is not something that looks like a mistake to me.

Injuries happen and obviously I would prefer to have DT right now on the team to get through the next 2 games but I don't really see an obvious team building mistake anywhere.
100% agree with one exception.
I don’t think Gunner would have been claimed. But he was kept because he was the only punt returner.

Hahaha, I posted a confused emoji because you stated that people like me wanted the Patriots to be the Browns, and thus, was confused how in the world you arrived at such a brilliant deduction. :p

Because the Browns are obviously making their decisions based on recency bias (like those here claiming the DT over 2 games "stat") and are throwing everything into this year while screwing their future. The Patriots sat with Edelman for his first 4 years before he grew into Edelman. Let's face it, panic for the moment rules in most of NFL cities. The fact that SOME posters here cannot see the yawning gap and the reasons is pretty freaking funny. I'd give it a "laughing" emoji! So yes, cutting a promising 22 year old WR for a very much damaged 32 year old WR who has had declining production is short sighted. It is what it is.

So, please, keep sniffing at The Patriots way of doing things. They do THIS:

No, those things do not apply to an analysis of how they have performed in the opportunities they have had.
Not in the least.
I don’t know how many times I have to explain to you that this discussion has been about the dishonest stats and not at all about which player I would want.

I don’t need homework and certainly don’t need you to explain anything about the patriots to me.

The opportunities they have had this year????

22 year old Meyers games active: 6

32 year old Thomas games active: 2

Games missed because of leg injuries for a 32 yr old WR with 5 consecutive years of decline is NOT a good thing.

The Patriots made the right move in consideration to Meyers-DT. They made the wrong move in consideration of AB-DT.

Why in the world would you make such a comment?

You are saying I’m not a real fan because a poster is ignorantly discussing statistics and that I disagree with your arrogant approach that since the patriots haven’t lost 3 games in a row in 17 years every opinion you personally have about them is correct?
Honesty, are you posting from a “facility”?

No. You said your time here may be short. I was sad about that and then paid you a compliment. I wished you the best. You're being drama queen.

That stat about 17 years is a "stat". You were putting a great deal of weight on personal WR 2 game stats. I prefer the 17 year team winning stats.

Last edited:
There are posters here that would support ISIS if it meant they might be able to show that pats management may have made an error

What else would you expect from Incel losers.

Now that's not necessary.

There's nothing wrong with an opposing football opinion. Have some perspective.

Now that's not necessary.

There's nothing wrong with an opposing football opinion. Have some perspective.

Where did I say posters can’t have an opposing opinion ? Tommy got it. You apparently didn’t..

No. You said your time here may be short. I was sad about that and then paid you a compliment. I wished you the best. You're being drama queen.
Come on. At least have the balls to be honest.

I mean is this really the way people act around here?
You inject yourself into a discussion and argue things that weren’t even part of it, and the question my fanhood and call me names?
Who acts like that?

That stat about 17 years is a "stat". You were putting a great deal of weight on personal WR 2 game stats. I prefer the 17 year team winning stats

No. I was having a discussion about how stats someone presented were misleading. You decided to respond with totally unrelated things.
Then you threw in the patriots record as evidence you know more about the team than I do and since they win your opinion is right.
That’s the dumbest argument I have ever seen. Unless you are bill Belichick the teams success isn’t proof of your opinion being right.

the one you used it for is even arguably a philosophy they espouse less than other teams.

The opportunities they have had this year????

22 year old Meyers games active: 6

32 year old Thomas games active: 2

Games missed because of leg injuries for a 32 yr old WR with 5 consecutive years of decline is NOT a good thing.

The Patriots made the right move in consideration to Meyers-DT. They made the wrong move in consideration of AB-DT.

And in the time he has played Thomas has outproduced Meyers. Glad we agree.

for the 29th time. I am discussing the statistics that were brought into the thread and were misleading.
Injuries and who you want on your team are not part of that discussion. You appear to know that yet keep deflecting back to it.

it would not be the end of the world if you posted that you misunderstood the discussion was about the misrepresented statistics and yes they were misrepresented. Then after accepting that, having a different discussion with who ever you want about whatever you want would be dandy too.

it seems though that you just want to argue and flame. Disappointing.

There are posters here that would support ISIS if it meant they might be able to show that pats management may have never made an error

What else would you expect from Incel losers.
FIFY

Per game stats mean nothing if you can't be sure if the player is going to last a season.

DT has played two games this year.

So, according to you, Jonas Gray was the Greatest Patriot Running Back of All Time.

He did get an SI Cover.

So let’s buy into Thomas > Meyers for the sake of argument.

Do you want to pay Thomas millions for one year, or would you rather have Meyers for four years on the cheap? Consider which direction they are each trending. Consider that Brady May have never even developed chemistry with Thomas (as he is still trying to do with Meyers.).

Even if Thomas is a (marginally) better player in 2019, it’s still the right pick. And no, Antonio Brown is not relevant. It makes no sense to carry Thomas, Dorsett, and Meyers...one of those guys has to go due to redundancy. If they really thought Thomas was significantly better than Meyers, they wouldn’t have traded him, even with AB. He and AB bring totally different skills to the offense.

If Thomas turns out to hit his ceiling as a decent 2/3 receiver, what do the Jets have? A guy on his last legs good for many one year, who is bound to retire by 2022? I’ll take the rookie who is already in the same general class, tending upward, and potentially could be a near-free assert for the next four hears. I still think Meyers is going to be very good. He has six career games...there’s a learning curve. This adjustment and patience required was already factored into the decision of Meyers > Thomas. ONE 64-yard game from Thomas doesn’t have me panicking that this was a bad decision and when missed on having a huge impact player.

If Gordon is out Monday night, we may see a lot more from Meyers, and this entire discussion may seem silly.

Last edited:
So let’s buy into Thomas > Meyers for the same of argument.

Do you want to pay Thomas millions for one year, or would you rather have Meyers for four years on the cheap? Consider which direction they are each trending. Consider that Brady May have never even developed chemistry with Thomas (as he is still trying to do with Thomas.).

Even if Thomas is a (marginally) better player in 2019, it’s still the right pick. And no, Antonio Brown is not relevant. It makes no sense to carry Thomas, Dorsett, and Meyers...one of those guys has to go due to redundancy. If they really thought Thomas was significantly better than Meyers, they wouldn’t have traded him, even with AB. He and AB bring totally different skills to the offense.

If Thomas turns out to hit his ceiling as a decent 2/3 receiver, what do the Jets have? A guy on his last legs good for many one year, who is bound to retire by 2022? I’ll take the rookie who is already in the same general class, tending upward, and potentially could be a near-free assert for the next four hears. I still think Meyers is going to be very good. He has six career games...there’s a learning curve. This adjustment and patience required was already factored into the decision of Meyers > Thomas. ONE 64-yard game from Thomas doesn’t have me panicking that this was a bad decision and when missed on having a huge impact player.

If Gordon is out Monday night, we may see a lot more from Meyers, and this entire discussion may seem silly.
I’m not sure who you are arguing with. has anyone made the argument that Meyers should have been cut to keep Thomas?
When Thomas was traded the position has Edelman AB Gordon and Dorsett so keeping s young player over an older player in a spot that you would likely keep inactive wasnt a tough call.
I guess I’m trying to understand what argument you are arguing against and who actually made it.

And in the time he has played Thomas has outproduced Meyers. Glad we agree........

Jonas Gray - - Greatest Patriots RB of All Time! .....in the time that he played.

I’m not sure who you are arguing with. has anyone made the argument that Meyers should have been cut to keep Thomas?
When Thomas was traded the position has Edelman AB Gordon and Dorsett so keeping s young player over an older player in a spot that you would likely keep inactive wasnt a tough call.
I guess I’m trying to understand what argument you are arguing against and who actually made it.

What else would they do keep Thomas? Even before the AB bomb hit, I was very vocal that Thomas was getting cut. Why?

Edelman
Dorsett
Gordon
Harry
Meyers
Thomas
Gunner (though more of a PR)

That’s 7 receivers. Gunner is safe as a PR, which leaves the bottom of the depth chart at Meyers and Thomas. They were able to keep Thomas (after releasing him, since he was the odd one out and they needed to figure out if they could finagle a spot for him) by IR’ing Harry.

Signing Brown gave them 8 receivers (including Harry) so Thomas couldn’t even stay despite IR’ing Harry a Assuming all stay healthy, Harry’s return again means someone would need to go between Meyers and Thomas. It was between those two.

Last edited:
Jonas Gray - - Greatest Patriots RB of All Time! .....in the time that he played.

Ok got it. You do not wish to have reasonable conversations. You just want to be an *******. Understood. New here still learning who is who. Do me a favor and just don’t respond to my posts because I’m not here for silly games and peacocking.

Ok got it. You do not wish to have reasonable conversations. You just want to be an *******. Understood. New here still learning who is who. Do me a favor and just don’t respond to my posts because I’m not here for silly games and peacocking.

I can respond to whomever I want and so can you. If it hurts you, put me on Ignore. The post you mention was an EXACT analogy/comparison to what you are stating. If you cannot handle back and forth discussion, then maybe you indeed are in the wrong place. A choir may be more suitable. You are getting upset about a sports message board. Take a breath. See if you can emotionally handle it when people do not agree 100% with your opinions. It's a sign of maturity if you can.

What else would they do keep Thomas? Even before the AB bomb hit, I was very vocal that Thomas was getting cut. Why?

Edelman
Dorsett
Gordon
Harry
Meyers
Thomas
Gunner (though more of a PR)

That’s 7 receivers. Gunner is safe as a PR, which leaves the bottom of the depth chart at Meyers and Thomas. They were able to keep Thomas (after releasing him, since he was the odd one out and they needed to figure out if they could finagle a spot for him) by IR’ing Harry.

Signing Brown gave them 8 receivers (including Harry.). Assuming all stay healthy, Harry’s return again means someone would need to go between Meyers and Thomas. It was between those two.
When Harry went on IR (which was known when Thomas was temporarily cut) Thomas had a spot. Literally because he was resigned.

But again I’m not sure what your post meant when you were acting as if someone was endorsing cutting Meyers to keep Thomas.
Did someone actually argue that?

It’s just a pet peeve of mine that these threads turn into loud stink when people start misrepresenting opposing viewpoints or even making them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes