PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas says he was insulted/disrespected by Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorsett is inconsistent at best.....invisible man when healthy some weeks....not seeing him as a huge upgrade over the present day Thomas if both are healthy now.....sorry Dorsett has been pretty average ....Thomas has potential still to be well above average....

Thomas turns 32 in a few weeks is at the end of his career and coming back from ACL.

Dorset is 26 and still getting better.

It’s the “not substantially outplaying” part that is really incorrect and the stats are being twisted to make it look so.

Are you serious ?

Meyers has 120 yards on 10 targets, DT has 108 on 15.

There is not much twisting happening.

Dorsett is inconsistent at best.....invisible man when healthy some weeks....not seeing him as a huge upgrade over the present day Thomas if both are healthy now.....sorry Dorsett has been pretty average ....Thomas has potential still to be well above average....

I seriously doubt you watch the team with a post like that .

Lost upon the 'word' people here is that for Belichick to give his word to any player on the 53 would mean that player is different than the other 52 ... which is inane to Belichick's history.
Roman Phifer was treated differently

Belichick gave his word to Roman Phifer that he could leave the team midweek throughout the season to be with his family, a necessary condition to get Phifer to sign with NE.

Last edited:
Hindsight is 20/20. At that moment BB wanted to get AB and commit as few as possible for the year. He had to guarantee the whole amount to get AB for $9m.

Then Kraft blew a gasket.
I agree with the Kraft angle; always have...

...but that contract Bill offered him was Special Olympic-sized ******ed.

If Clowntonio didn't want to play for the defending 6-time champions on a non-guaranteed, get paid as you stay out of trouble basis, then Bill should've told him to Feck Off while we'll keep who we have and see who shakes loose during the season if we need more help...But no...

When a guy on the other team has to manufacture phony outrage via his unwarranted butthurt, he's already conceding defeat and using it as a preemptive excuse for when his newly-found team tanks.

Are you serious ?

You’re not going to get through with logic to someone who can’t get past the fact that Demaryius Thomas used to be an all-pro. Right now I’d take Meyers and Dorsett over him, plus Harry will come back. Brown or no Brown, this guy wasn’t good enough to make/stick with the team, especially with his injury risk and salary.

You’re not going to get through with logic to someone who can’t get past the fact that Demaryius Thomas used to be an all-pro. Right now I’d take Meyers and Dorsett over him, plus Harry will come back. Brown or no Brown, this guy wasn’t good enough to make/stick with the team, especially with his injury risk and salary.
Some on this board still think it's DT from 2013.

Are you serious ?

Meyers has played 50% more snaps.
The post was combining Meyers and gunners numbers together to compare to Thomas (when Thomas has played 2 games) That’s twisting.

it listed yards per route run as if they were basically equal when 1.64 is more than 20% greater than 1.36.
That’s twisting.

I’m not even arguing who is playing better I’m
just saying the items cited in the post were a case of manipulating stats to make them
Look like what you hope they look like.

also stats of targets from
Tom Brady and from Luke falk don’t exactly seem congruous.

It is puzzling to see how anyone can look at the current version of DT and see the All Pro receiver of 8-9 years ago? It defies reality.

Should've kept AB.

It’s the “not substantially outplaying” part that is really incorrect and the stats are being twisted to make it look so.
The post was combining Meyers and gunners numbers together to compare to Thomas (when Thomas has played 2 games) That’s twisting.

it listed yards per route run as if they were basically equal when 1.64 is more than 20% greater than 1.36.
That’s twisting.

I’m not even arguing who is playing better I’m
just saying the items cited in the post were a case of manipulating stats to make them
Look like what you hope they look like.

also stats of targets from
Tom Brady and from Luke falk don’t exactly seem congruous.

Being able to be on the field is a tangible VALUE.

You can’t make a catch from the trainers table.

It is what it is.

Being able to be on the field is a tangible VALUE.

You can’t make a catch from the trainers table.

It is what it is.

That isn’t a “substantially outplaying” argument. That is a healthy is better than injured argument.

Again my point is the statistic were dishonest. Draw whatever conclusion you wish from them but it’s silly to not accept they were twisted.

Some on this board still think it's DT from 2013.
Come on. You know nobody thinks that. Why make such a disingenuous post?

That isn’t a “substantially outplaying” argument. That is a healthy is better than injured argument.

Again my point is the statistic were dishonest. Draw whatever conclusion you wish from them but it’s silly to not accept they were twisted.

Production is production.

I haven’t dropped a pass all season. Capisce?

What’s the value to the team? THAT is what determines whether BB wants to keep a player.

Come on. You know nobody thinks that. Why make such a disingenuous post?
The guy doesn’t move the needle. For Jacoby Meyers like numbers I’d rather have Jacoby Meyers.

If we down the highly reductive stats score argument road then this doesn't matter if you normalise your cumulative stats by game or in my case your yards by number of receptions.

Again you are missing the point of the tweet you are mocking. This is not about single players being better than each other but that the potential production from DT in his role as WR3/WR4 has been at least adequately replaced by two rookie UDFAs while being a lot cheaper.

That’s twisting.

And 2.9M base cap hit (with potential incentives going towards 5m) is a lot more than the two 490K cap hits of Gunner and Jacobi.

It seems like the essence of this discussion is when does saying something to someone become "giving your word" as opposed to just sharing what you currently expect.

But, have it at some more as message board posters will. :)

Thomas is not even clearly outplaying Meyers right now. To get to Dorsett Thomas has to jump up 1-2 Tiers.

Huh??? The twitter quote you posted shows he is outplaying Meyers.

Huh??? The twitter quote you posted shows he is outplaying Meyers.

I said clearly outplaying Meyers.

While DT might have slightly more yards per route he also has fewer yards per target. So statistically speaking he is not CLEARLY outplaying Meyers. Reasonably you can say that for now both are on a similar tier as none of the two is blowing the other away.

Or in other words the team has easily replicated the production while saving at least about 1.9m in cap space AND investing into the development of younger players that hopefully will be around beyond a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back