PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas says he was insulted/disrespected by Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've made a lot of hay out of being a place where aging vets want to come get a ring at the expense of maximizing earnings and snaps.

It's easy to just look at their paychecks and say 'tough titties' but for a lot of these veteran guys who come here it's obviously not about the money so I can appreciate not being happy to be traded to cokehead Gase's team.

Belichick actually answering this question is possibly an indicator that he is sensitive to how he is perceived by vets around the league because either he truly respects them, wants to be seen as a twilight destination for a vet with something left to prove, or both.
I imagine he respects Thomas and while he made the decision he needed to he was disappointed that he has to. Ive heard him comment on how he hates having to cut players many times.

it's part of this board's strength
Might not be for me then if it’s a teenage ***** at each other, “if I can’t prove you wrong I’ll call you names” kind of place

Last edited:
We've made a lot of hay out of being a place where aging vets want to come get a ring at the expense of maximizing earnings and snaps.

It's easy to just look at their paychecks and say 'tough titties' but for a lot of these veteran guys who come here it's obviously not about the money so I can appreciate not being happy to be traded to cokehead Gase's team.

Belichick actually answering this question is possibly an indicator that he is sensitive to how he is perceived by vets around the league because either he truly respects them, wants to be seen as a twilight destination for a vet with something left to prove, or both.

It is what it is. It's a business, not a community center. Most veterans understand that.

.......Belichick actually answering this question is possibly an indicator that he is sensitive to how he is perceived by vets around the league because either he truly respects them, wants to be seen as a twilight destination for a vet with something left to prove, or both.

I think he answered the question today because it's how he FELT. I don't think he's worried over the perception the NFL veteran FAs have about going to New England.

All he has to do this Monday Night on National TV is send out his 2019 All-Pro/ 2016 Traded to Siberia Linebacker #58 to exhibit why running straight back to Foxboro even after you've been dissed is a good thing for one's career.

Moss, that's not ok.

I'll hammer him, but only for his posts. No need to go personal. It's actually painful to read and adds nothing to the conversation.

As I said, might not be for me.
I’m here to read and talk about football not watch internet Einsteins trash each other.

Their's a lot of debate here....it's not for everyone. I like to click the emot things.

Their's a lot of debate here....it's not for everyone. I like to click the emot things.
Debate is fine. I’m just not good with the insulting, name calling, and trashing the other person or misrepresenting what they say in order to prove to the internet that you won the argument stuff.

I get where he is coming from. We’re all peoples.

It is what it is. It's a business, not a community center. Most veterans understand that.

Great point if anyone was trying to suggest it isn't a business.

But you don't get to invalidate the way a former employee feels they were treated by just casting spell of 'it's a business!'

Might not be for me then if it’s a teenage ***** at each other, “if I can’t price you wrong I’ll call you names” kind of place
The forum has option to put entire threads on ignore or posters if you don't want to deal with some of the nonsense. Couldn't tell you how because I've never used it.

Debate is fine. I’m just not good with the insulting, name calling, and trashing the other person or misrepresenting what they say in order to prove to the internet that you won the argument stuff.
If you like debates, get into one with Andy, it will be endless joy.

If you like debates, get into one with Andy, it will be endless joy.
Like any poster just got to know when to say when.

Another let it go thread. IMHO

Great point if anyone was trying to suggest it isn't a business.

But you don't get to invalidate the way a former employee feels they were treated by just casting spell of 'it's a business!'

I understand.

DT has every right to feel bad. He has no right to blame Belichick. Belichick has a job to do and there is no indication (and it would be 100% out of character) that any promises were made or "words" given to be broken.

There are a few here who are claiming as much. That is patently ridiculous.

What a great dude Watson is. Hope he sticks, be great to win one with him.

Edelman, Gordon and Dorsett were all healthy and active Week 1-3 . Meanwhile Thomas was an injured inactive those 3 weeks. So the whole "Thomas should have been kept for depth against injuries" Is a very laughable argument. Literally right off the start Thomas showed cause for concern regarding his durability.
Was a foolish trade then and an even more foolish trade now.

Betting on a clean bill of health at reciever and Antonio Brown was just plain dumb. Trying to convince me otherwise is useless.

Patriots were smart to sign a HoF talent like AB at a reasonable price. Kraft was just idiotic to release him.
The structure of the contract to which Bill hastily signed him was Not smart, however...Sadly, it was kinda like the Exact Opposite of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back