PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas says he was insulted/disrespected by Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a mistaken understanding of “going back on your word”.

No, I don't. I understand all of this full well. What's funny here is that I'm not bashing either BB or DT, and I'm not defending either BB or DT. I'm just noting how it went down, and noting that those who feel a need to defend BB should be doing so by justifying his chance of position, rather than dishonestly pretending that the position was taken in the first place, when BB has already admitted to the position change.

Y'all are needlessly making complete asses of yourselves over a point that the person you're defending has already conceded.

Patriots were smart to sign a HoF talent like AB at a reasonable price. Kraft was just idiotic to release him.

get_image.php

I see the point, but disagree. Arguably the best receiver in the league becoming available isn’t something you can reasonably foresee.

I do think BB feels bad, as evidenced by him answering questions about a guy not on the team, which is very unlike him.

i am shocked BB chose to answer these questions. He must feel he wronged Demaryius.

No, I don't. I understand all of this full well. What's funny here is that I'm not bashing either BB or DT, and I'm not defending either BB or DT. I'm just noting how it went down, and noting that those who feel a need to defend BB should be doing so by justifying his chance of position, rather than dishonestly pretending that the position was taken in the first place, when BB has already admitted to the position change.

Y'all are needlessly making complete asses of yourselves over a point that the person you're defending has already conceded.

We should all be paying you for this entertainment.

Reading your twisting post above is high comedy.

Honestly, we need to hire a translator to figure out "I'm just noting how it went down, and noting that those who feel a need to defend BB should be doing so by justifying his chance of position, rather than dishonestly pretending that the position was taken in the first place, when BB has already admitted to the position change."

I'm not sure it's even possible.

I guess you mean "change of position", but even then, your post still makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Then again, we'll never know what was really said. Thomas might have interpreted that BB wanted him to be a major part of the offense and perhaps it semantics. This is Area 51 stuff now.
Yea who knows....

I am also still upset about the Brady contract handling. Want to discuss that instead? ;)

Opposite sides of the same coin :cool:

Honestly, we need to hire a translator to figure out "I'm just noting how it went down, and noting that those who feel a need to defend BB should be doing so by justifying his chance of position, rather than dishonestly pretending that the position was taken in the first place, when BB has already admitted to the position change."

I guess you mean "change of position", but even then, your post still makes no sense at all.

Dude, you've been clowning yourself over everything since Brown was brought in. This is no different. Let people who aren't insane over Brown converse.

Dude, you've been clowning yourself over everything since Brown was brought in. This is no different. Let people who aren't insane over Brown converse.

Relevance to the discussion, or are you tapped out and just slinging mud now? It's a clear sign when you cannot stay on topic.

Really sad.

That's a lot more honesty that you're going to get from the vast majority of political and institutional leaders in the US. Belichick is saying that things change and he makes the decisions he feels he has to make on any given day in light of the circumstances as he perceives them. He's making no pretenses otherwise.

The rest is semantics.

Is it a "lie" if you say or do one thing on Day X and then something else on Day Y that in effect contradicts what you said or did on Day X? To my mind, the answer to that question depends on "intent" and we can't know Belichick's intent. In other words, everyone is entitled to their opinion. One person's "lie" is another person's "pragmatic decision based on the facts as perceived."

The NFL is ultimately a business governed by Labor Agreements and Contracts. It would be nice to think that owners and management make decisions based on anything other than what is in what they perceive as the best interests of their franchises or that players make decisions based on anything other than what they perceive as in their own financial and professional best interests. But, neither do.

IMO, it's pretty clear that the Pats would be better off with Thomas than without him...but "it is what it is."
Thanks for your thoughtful response. I agree with your first paragraph. Imo, based on what both DT and BB stated in their interviews, BB changed his mind and cut DT, contrary to what he had said previously to DT. But you are correct, it is what it is.

Nope.
You are mischaracterizing things.
He admitted things changed.
That is not even close to going back in his word.
Unless his word was that he guaranteed he would be here indefinitely NO MATTER WHAT. Clearly you can understand that is not what he did.
By your definition benching a player would be going back in your word.

everyone understand Belichick made a decision and then, after things changed, base a different decision. You are the only one thinking that needs to be “defended” or that it was dishonest.

You seem to like to be a guy who takes negative positions about things and toward people so I’m going to just chalk it up to that and say I’m not interested in slanting things to sensationalize them or get into “I’m right and you are stupid” arguments so I will
Just wish you a pleasant evening and move on.

Nope.
You are mischaracterizing things.
He admitted things changed.
That is not even close to going back in his word.
Unless his word was that he guaranteed he would be here indefinitely NO MATTER WHAT. Clearly you can understand that is not what he did.
By your definition benching a player would be going back in your word.

everyone understand Belichick made a decision and then, after things changed, base a different decision. You are the only one thinking that needs to be “defended” or that it was dishonest.

You seem to like to be a guy who takes negative positions about things and toward people so I’m going to just chalk it up to that and say I’m not interested in slanting things to sensationalize them or get into “I’m right and you are stupid” arguments so I will
Just wish you a pleasant evening and move on.

Do you change your screen name at the end of the season?

or no

Maybe he is insulted now being on the JETS!

:rolleyes:

Relevance to the discussion, or are you tapped out and just slinging mud now? It's a clear sign when you cannot stay on topic.

Really sad.

"Deuce" LOL

Deuce is sad

i am shocked BB chose to answer these questions. He must feel he wronged Demaryius.

We've made a lot of hay out of being a place where aging vets want to come get a ring at the expense of maximizing earnings and snaps.

It's easy to just look at their paychecks and say 'tough titties' but for a lot of these veteran guys who come here it's obviously not about the money so I can appreciate not being happy to be traded to cokehead Gase's team.

Belichick actually answering this question is possibly an indicator that he is sensitive to how he is perceived by vets around the league because either he truly respects them, wants to be seen as a twilight destination for a vet with something left to prove, or both.

Deuce is sad
Eh, let the dude have his say. Posting posts about posters is where message boards crap the bed and become unreadable.
I’m hoping this one isn’t like that.

Eh, let the dude have his say. Posting posts about posters is where message boards crap the bed and become unreadable.
dude? come on now

it's part of this board's strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back