PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver has. I am sure many teams have. The jets signed Braxton freaking berrios.
Are you seriously telling me that your belief is that the best job Demaryius Thomas can find is “you have to sit in unemployment and hope josh Gordon gets suspended”?

You said teams have expressed interest as a statement of fact. All that I’ve seen out there is a Florio unsourced clickbait “what if” tease about the Broncos. You made a statement of fact. Who is the team that has actually expressed interest?

The poster I responded to said the Thomas is sitting on the sidelines as “Gordon insurance”.

While his heel gets up to 1st stringer/every week health, in anywhere from 1-8 weeks. Yes.

It’s a definite possibility.

DT's coming off a horrible injury that you have speculated he might not be ready after playing game 4.

Maybe he looks at this as a rehab year, which he could do best with the Pats using him in a conservative manner, both player and team have agreed on.

If he takes more money there will be more pressure to produce now and maybe DT feels it's best to play it slow until November, look good in the playoffs, and then cash in like many guys have done.

DT seems like a smart guy and it's a reasonable plan. That's why (and also based on the reporting) I think he's safe.
The only question becomes is it worth using up a roster spot for that. If DT assumes a DA type role here - limited snaps, big conversions needed, playoff time, then it may be. But they wont have 8 WRs...I would guess.

Well I diddnt say that. I suppose he could have been when they signed him before JG got re-instated.
So we agree the patriots aren’t kerping him permanently unemployed as “Gordon insurance” and he likes that job?

You said teams have expressed interest as a statement of fact. All that I’ve seen out there is a Florio unsourced clickbait “what if” tease about the Broncos. You made a statement of fact. Who is the team that has actually expressed interest?

You would ha e to ask his agent. I’m not his agent.

The only question becomes is it worth using up a roster spot for that. If DT assumes a DA type role here - limited snaps, big conversions needed, playoff time, then it may be. But they wont have 8 WRs...I would guess.

As we learn every year, that problem works itself out.

So we agree the patriots aren’t kerping him permanently unemployed as “Gordon insurance” and he likes that job?
I cant imagine that....More like tinkering around with some things until they figure out what to do with the extra WR

This does not have to be some abstract, esoteric thing.

While his heel gets up to 1st stringer/every week health, in anywhere from 1-8 weeks. Yes.
He played a game and caught 7 passes and 2 TDs 4 days ago.
You suggested he sit around until we find a need for him.
He looked very ready 4 days ago.

I cant imagine that....More like tinkering around with some things until they figure out what to do with the extra WR

This does not have to be some abstract, esoteric thing.
Right. That’s been my point all along.

You would ha e to ask his agent. I’m not his agent.

You made a statement of fact just a few minutes ago!

Now it’s ‘ask his agent’

Too funny.

It’s a definite possibility.

Looks like it healed in a day and a half.

Attrition during the season. Every year it happens. ‘There will be blood’. I like the insurance. Start him out slowly.

There is rampant speculation here: he is now injured? he's sitting around waiting for Flash to screw up; he's in a shadow roster.

We don't know what's going on, but Hoyer signing for 3 years with $9M guaranteed tells me the odds of him signing with another team has gone way up.

Attrition during the season. Every year it happens. ‘There will be blood’. I like the insurance.

Diddnt take long. Harry to IR

DT is re-signed

How did they beat out the teams that ‘expressed interest’?????

This was set more than 48 hours ago. Most of us knew he wasn’t going anywhere The scaremongering was lame.

You made a statement of fact just a few minutes ago!

Now it’s ‘ask his agent’

Too funny.
You made a stupid statement requesting which teams called. You know as well as I do neither of us would have that information.
Braxton freaking berrios was signed.
If you want to think there isn’t a team out there who would want Demaryius Thomas go ahead and believe that and I will laugh at you.

Where’s that dude who was insistent that I “follow the money trail” in regards to Demaryius Thomas’ situation? He’ll know what’s going on.
Unless Thomas went on PUP I don't get your point.

And anyway he'll be back by Monday like he never left.
You're welcome, let me know if you need info on anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes