PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deebo wants out of SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Agholor, a 1st and a 3rd ?

Can't believe Judon wasn't the first one on the case here.

On one hand, I love Deebo and I think he'd be amazing in NE. He's an excellent player and an easy guy to root for.

On the other hand, it would be physically painful to give up the amount of draft capital necessary to get him and then also have to pay him a very very very large extension, when you could just... use that draft capital to draft a WR or two for way less money...

It "feels" like the kind of move you want to make while your QB is on a rookie contract, but the WR market is really messed up right now and I kinda just want to avoid it. Would rather sit tight and grab a dude like Moore or Dotson in a 2nd round trade-up, or better, a higher-priority position at 21 and then throw some darts later at a couple upside WRs.

We would have a bidding war with the Jets. Not interested in that.
We’re going to have to get into bidding wars over good players if we want to improve our football team.

He is not coming and Im for one glad for it

BB is not committing 20M+ for awhile for a WR. Agholor has got to be at his max range, imo, and attaching so much to one guy, who has not been as healthy as you'd like is just plain bad business.

I think we are going to add people in the draft. The more expensive this position gets, the more valuable it is to hit in there

Trade the whole house for Deebo! He is like 10x better than what we have!

Being used as a running back as much as he is will shorten his career and earning potential. That’s probably why he’s mad.

Nevermind the fact that he was ecstatic all season that he was being used in multiple roles

You could also argue that trading for Deebo makes sense because he's a known commodity. A good example is the Bills trading for Diggs. That move instantly raised Josh Allen's game and in short order they were conference contenders. Now, that wasn't the ONLY move that got them there, but it was a big part of it - they spent a lot of capital on a known #1 WR for their QB still on a rookie deal to elevate his game and the whole team. That type of WR doesn't hit free agency all that often. Logically, saying "just draft one" seems to make way more sense, but the draft's a crapshoot too - the guy(s) you draft may be the next Harry, you've blown your high pick(s) and you're no better off, when you could've used the high pick(s) on a trade for a known commodity. Yeah there's a financial impact, but that's the price of taking most of the risk out of the equation.

Speaking personally, I wouldn't make the move, but I can see the argument either direction. I don't buy into the "MUST HAVE TRUE #1 WR OR ELSE" mindset and would prefer a more balanced overall roster with better depth but that's just my opinion.

Given that the overwhelming consensus is that his unhappiness stems from wanting more money, I find it very difficult to believe he would be happy here.

If SF wants a Hill-like haul for Deebo, the Pats simply wouldn;t have the capital to get it done, even if they wanted to extend him.

I'm not sure they would have the same leverage as the Chiefs in this one...this whole thing is too insane to even guess where it winds up.

I’m thinking that Deebo sees the Trey Lance crash and burn coming and wants no part of it. Imagine if you are a WR going into your contract year and your team is going to start a guy with like 12 div 2, college starts under his belt, thinking that he will thrive against NFL defenses. Deebo doesn’t want to have his maybe one and only best shot at making millions of dollars brought down by Lance.

Really can’t blame him,
You could say this about all of these WRs who are free agents next year. It's the common thread between Deebo, DK, Terry, AJ Brown - none of their teams have particularly good outlooks right now as they all enter their contract years. Deebo has Trey Lance, DK has Geno Smith (lmfao), Terry has freaking Carson Wentz. The dude in the best spot is AJ Brown who has Ryan Tannehill (who isn't even that good) but the Titans on the whole feel like they're on the downtrend. I think all of these WRs don't envision themselves as having great contract years due to the teams around them and want to cash in NOW while the WR market is hot.

While he was solid as a rookie and prior to last year, he stood out most as a hybrid WR/RB. And he expects to get paid off that performance... but doesn't want to be a hybrid WR/RB after getting paid? Yikes. That's like Gronk wanting a new contract in his prime but saying he doesn't want to block.

1) Yes, all day long on trading for Deebo Samuel... the season he just had was phenomenal. I would give up our 1st and one of our WRs (anyone).

2) Considering Deebo is calling for the trade, he probably has a relatively short list of preferred teams... the Patriots will not be one of them.

3) Can people stop mentioning N'Keal Harry as a possible trade piece?... it's official, he's a complete bust, no one wants him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back