PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deebo wants out of SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. Just no. Only the ridiculously ignorant thought Stafford sucked. For most of his career, Matt Stafford has set records for being the fastest QB to reach X yards. He consistently threw 4,000+ per season on one of the worst teams in football. Once he was traded to LA, a lot of people saw that move as putting LA into Super Bowl contention (which, of course, it did).
Show us where you predicted Stafford winning it all last season.

Surely you were out in front of everyone.

Yeah, he didn't play those seasons because he wasn't good enough.
Nagy was under pressure from ownership.

Ownership BTW forced Nagy to give up playcalling. Matt Nagy gave up play calling again, Bill Lazor took over again

You would be ignorant to that fact. My buddy is a Bears fan and we discuss the Bears on a weekly basis and I watch as many Bears games as possible. The Bears were plagued by OL issues as well.

No. I expect them to take Trubisky, a backup caliber QB, and have him play backup. You are literally using the fact that he wasn't good enough for any team to take him on as a starter as your defense of his performance. Think about it.
It was a good move for both parties. The Bears are a dysfunctional franchise starting with ownership.

Everyone with a brain understood when the Bills picked him up that 2021 was a year that Trubisky would sit out and let the dust settle. Wait for the right situation to come along like the stability in Pittsburgh.

This statement is so silly, I am having a hard time figuring out if you are being serious.

In year 2, he completed 66.6% of passes. In year 4, he completed 67% of passes. That's an increase of a measly 0.4%.
Did he improve? Yes

XLIX said:
and has shown absolutely no development since year 2.

In year 2, his TD:INT ratio was 2:1. In year 4, his TD:INT ratio was 2:1. That is no change.
Great!

Year 2 Trubisky went 11 - 3
In year 2, his TD percentage was 5.5%. In year 4, his TD percentage was 5.4%. That's a decrease of a measly 0.1%.
Thats what were looking for.
In year 2, his INT percentage was 2.8%. In year 4, his INT percentage was 2.7%. That's a decrease of a measly 0.1%.
2018 Year 2 Trubisky threw 12 INTs.
2019 Year 3 Trubisky threw 10 INTs

Looks like a decrease of 2 INTs

2018 INT rate was 2.8%
2019 INT rate was 1.9%

Looks like a decrease of .9%

XLIX said:
and has shown absolutely no development since year 2.
In year 2, his YPA was 7.4 yards. In year 4, his YPA was 6.9 yards. That a decrease of 0.5 yards.

If you look at the above stats and conclude he showed development in year 4 as compared to year 2, then that's just an obscene level of football ignorance.
Once more for the coke bottle glasses crowd.

Since year 2 -

Won 71 % of games started 14 wins - 10 losses
Improved his completion % year 4
lowered his INT %,
added 4 - 4th quarter comebacks and 4 game winning drives.

Its all right here Mitchell Trubisky Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Since we're going back in time to 2001...had the snow storm not happened, the Pats get ran off the field by the Raiders West Coast offense which was Bill's Daddy. In fact, the D struggling against the Raiders for most of the game and had a 13-3 lead.

Yeah their wild card round game against the Jets was probably a preview of what was going to happen in Foxboro if the weather was good.
500 yards of offense for the Raiders and Rice absolutely went off on them, almost 200 yards himself.

Pats offense had a tough time getting started in that one. only 4 first downs in the first half, 3 three and outs, and would have been a fourth without a Brady pick on third down. And everyone knows about Brady's fumble and the tuck rule but Troy Brown also fumbled before that drive recovered by the Pats and with no timeouts that was probably a game losing play as well.

1:54:10

Last edited:
Firstly, what's with the "Dave (from the Boston area)"?... I don't get the elaboration.

Secondly, I'm not derailing anything, in fact I was replying to your millionth attempt to discredit Brady.

Thirdly, are we including the Parcells/Bledsoe seasons in the evaluation of the Erhardt Perkins system?... Bledsoe's first three seasons he had more INTs (58) than TDs (53)... they were running the equivalent of Arians "no risk-it, no biscuit" offense with Bledsoe leading the NFL in pass attempts 1994-1996... their rushing offenses for those seasons ranked 27th, 10th and 26th. The defenses of the Parcells era never broke the top 10 in PA or YA so your "formula" wasn't working back then either.

Also, Bledsoe was a catastrophe in the 1996 postseason... he averaged under 200 Y/G, had 7 INTs, with only 3 TDs, and a passer rating of 54.3. So yes, the Erhardt Perkins system was garbage with the wrong quarterback... just like any system, if your quarterback isn't good enough, it's f*cked.
All you do is talk about Brady, ************ cut the ****.

Defense A allows a 90 yard drive then the opponent misses a FG
Defense B allows a 3 and out

They both allowed 0 points. I don't think there's much of an argument that defense A did equally as good a job as defense B.
That could be the worst strawman in the history of strawmen.

But let me make sure I understand you. You think that the 2001 Patriot defense stunk and couldn’t stop anyone but they won the SB because ither teams missed FGs?

That could be the worst strawman in the history of strawmen.
Nope it’s proof that theres more to that story than just points allowed. Bad defenses also stops points from being scored by your own team. Hard to score when your defense can’t get off the field.
But let me make sure I understand you. You think that the 2001 Patriot defense stunk and couldn’t stop anyone but they won the SB because ither teams missed FGs?straw man.
And you called my post a strawman before saying this. Lol

Nope it’s proof that theres more to that story than just points allowed. Bad defenses also stops points from being scored by your own team. Hard to score when your defense can’t get off the field.

You made up a stupid example that has absolutely nothing to dog with the topic

If you weren’t implying exactly what the example suggests then why give the example?

We have now reached the level around here of ****ting on everything patriot related to the point you are trying to say the defense that led them to a SB title stunk and would have been the jets if it didn’t snow.
You are the epitome of a loser.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
You made up a stupid example that has absolutely nothing to dog with the topic

If you weren’t implying exactly what the example suggests then why give the example?

We have now reached the level around here of ****ting on everything patriot related to the point you are trying to say the defense that led them to a SB title stunk and would have been the jets if it didn’t snow.
You are the epitome of a loser.
Funny I don’t recall ever saying the defense stunk. I said they weren’t elite. Which they weren’t. Elite defenses aren’t bottom third of the league in any category. Ever.

How did the 2021 Patriots “#2 in PoInTz” defense do in December? How many punts did they force against the Bills in 2 games. Were they elite too?

Accuse a post of being a straw man by …using a straw man. Nice. :)

All you do is talk about Brady, ************ cut the ****.
I'm not talking to myself... there are discussions ongoing. Also, you can reference all of my posts if you're that concerned about it... hardly only talking about one player. Or you can just skip over everything I post.

Yeah you gotta love it when sports announcers say "the defense got a stop" or "good play by player x" when a wide open WR drops a pass on 3rd down.

Reactions: sb1
Thread's totally off the rails. When/if we get Deebo-to-Pats relevant news we can reopen or just start a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes