PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deebo wants out of SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why a receiver of his caliber would want to play for the Patriots, given the current state of the team and what the rest of the conference looks like. He also made those comments when Brady was still the Patriots quarterback. I'm seeing the Jets and Lions are in the mix too so who knows?... the Patriots are a better option than either of them. My guess is he ends up with an obvious contender like KC... if SF is willing to deal in the NFC then Green Bay, Dallas or Tampa Bay.
Right, because Miami was in such a better place than NE when Hill went there.

This is silly. And ridiculous that the NFL fans who think the least of the Pats post on this board.

I doubt the Pats are in the Deebo market, but if they are, he could do a lot worse.

I hope this board doesn’t expect him to used in NE like he was in SF. A WR with 59 carries is a straight path to Cliffsville. Good for Samuel for catching on before it’s too late.

I’d rather have the Pats try to draft a guy. Their draft philosophy has changed and I’m confident they will find a guy soon for Mac.

I hope this board doesn’t expect him to used in NE like he was in SF. A WR with 59 carries is a straight path to Cliffsville. Good for Samuel for catching on before it’s too late.

I’d rather have the Pats try to draft a guy. Their draft philosophy has changed and I’m confident they will find a guy soon for Mac.
I’m agnostic. Depends on the cost of the trade. They can afford the contract, especially if they send back an Agholor or a Smith to lessen the picks.

Not sure if I see this happening…

What a low IQ Pats fan opinion to even consider this lol.

Right, because Miami was in such a better place than NE when Hill went there.
A better place literally... Miami or Foxboro?... for a superstar NFL receiver I think the choice is obvious. For our offense I'll take Samuel over Hill anyway. I hope I'm wrong and a trade to the Patriots gets done... Samuel is as about as exciting a receiver as there is in the NFL... he would make our offense much better.

This all may be moot anyway, if SF does what they should do, which is not trade Samuel to anyone.

Could have just drafted him over Harry?

Pats throwing some **** at the wall to drive the price up on the jests?

A better place literally... Miami or Foxboro?... for a superstar NFL receiver I think the choice is obvious. For our offense I'll take Samuel over Hill anyway. I hope I'm wrong and a trade to the Patriots gets done... Samuel is as about as exciting a receiver as there is in the NFL... he would make our offense much better.

This all may be moot anyway, if SF does what they should do, which is not trade Samuel to anyone.
According to Jeff Darlington Samuel has no interest in even starting negotiations with SF on a long term deal. They may have no choice but to move him.

It is obvious and it isn’t Miami. New head coach, being sued, Tua very likely say less than Jones…

Having the GOAT QB for those twenty years, a guy who made everyone better, was a large part of the reason the Pats we're able to have the success they did without a top five WR besides Moss. It's unfair to expect Mac to replicate that. He's not Tom Brady. And despite the comparisons, he never will be.
Not saying it's impossible to win without a true #1. But it makes things harder.
Before he was the GOAT, Tom Brady WAS Mac Jones. A quality game manager with a mediocre arm and good field processing skills. Amazing how people forget just how many years it was before Brady morphed into the strong armed QB who can carry a team on his back. He was a good 6 or 7 years into his career before the onus of being a "game manager" was past.

I just expect Jones to get incrementally better every year and see where that puts him when HE's 6 or 7 years into his career.

Agreed. At this point our defense isn’t good enough to carry Mac like it did Tommy during the early dynasty years….we need weapons
You mean the defense that was 5-13 under Fisherchick before Brady took over..? Interesting cause and effect logic there….

Before he was the GOAT, Tom Brady WAS Mac Jones. A quality game manager with a mediocre arm and good field processing skills. Amazing how people forget just how many years it was before Brady morphed into the strong armed QB who can carry a team on his back. He was a good 6 or 7 years into his career before the onus of being a "game manager" was past.
The only ones who called Brady a game manager after his 3 Super Bowls were jealous haters.

Funny how some things never change.

I doubt the Pats are in the Deebo market, but if they are, he could do a lot worse.
Depends on what his priorities are which, if we are being honest, we just don’t know. If his priority is to play for a contender then sure, he could do worse… but he could also do much better. Arguably his current team would be a better option if that’s what he wanted.

If he wants to get paid, well…. I doubt he could do much worse than NE…. Except maybe being forced to play out his current deal in SF….

Last edited:
Depends on what his priorities are which, if we are being honest, we just don’t know. If his priority is to play for a contender the sure, he could do worse… but he could also do much better. Arguably his current team would be a better option if that’s what he wanted.

If he wants to get paid, well…. I doubt he could do much worse than NE…. Except maybe being forced to play out his current deal in SF….
Your love for the Patriots just oozes out of every post.

Trading high draft capital and then shelling out a huge contract to that player is not how you build a NFL team. Wait a year and grab one of the many WR you should have drafted instead of Harry in free agency.

How did the Jamal Adams and Khalil Mack trades work out for the Seahawks and Bears? I will give you that neither the Raiders or the JEts did much with the draft capital they got back, but both the Bears and the Seahawks are now in total rebuild mode, after trading away high draft picks.

Trading high draft capital and then shelling out a huge contract to that player is not how you build a NFL team. Wait a year and grab one of the many WR you should have drafted instead of Harry in free agency.

How did the Jamal Adams and Khalil Mack trades work out for the Seahawks and Bears? I will give you that neither the Raiders or the JEts did much with the draft capital they got back, but both the Bears and the Seahawks are now in total rebuild mode, after trading away high draft picks.
I agree in principle, but there is one big caveat. What do the Bears and now the Seahawks have in common? They do not have a QB. We do... and he is on a rookie deal. If there is a time to make a splash for a superstar, it is now.

That being said, I agree that investing draft capital + 30M a year on Deebo Samuel might not be the best idea, especially since we could invest that draft capital in a WR that could move the needle for us for 4 years on a rookie deal. Would that WR be as good as Deebo? Perhaps not, but we do not need him to be.

I would love to have the guy on the Pats. But going rate for trade for WRs right now is so insane, it just doesn't make sense. With the current trend of a wealth of great WR prospects in the draft, teams might be better off drafting several WRs each draft. Samuel was a second round pick. With the depth of top WRs in the draft, you have a chance of getting a guy like him in the second round rather than give up a first and multiple other picks for him and pay him top WR money right off the bat.

It’s worked out for the Bills with Diggs. Now, I’m not advocating stupid trade compensation. Something fair to both sides. But let’s be honest, that’s not the way trades for draft capital seem to be happening anymore. Teams are getting silly compensation it seems.. Well, teams not named N.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back