PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deebo wants out of SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we throw in N'Keal Harry as part of the deal ? He was a 1st round draft choice. What?

Last edited:
Go get him. All it will cost. us a our #21 plus we get the honor of paying 20MM/yr for the next 4 years. And since we don't need any help from the draft and having a #1 WR is a necessity for ALL teams as the Pats have proven over the last 20 years, then by all means go get him. :rolleyes:
Having the GOAT QB for those twenty years, a guy who made everyone better, was a large part of the reason the Pats we're able to have the success they did without a top five WR besides Moss. It's unfair to expect Mac to replicate that. He's not Tom Brady. And despite the comparisons, he never will be.
Not saying it's impossible to win without a true #1. But it makes things harder.

Having the GOAT QB for those twenty years, a guy who made everyone better, was a large part of the reason the Pats we're able to have the success they did without a top five WR besides Moss. It's unfair to expect Mac to replicate that. He's not Tom Brady. And despite the comparisons, he never will be.
Not saying it's impossible to win without a true #1. But it makes things harder.

if belichick can win with the 6th round pick, he can do the same with Mac

this guy has broken several deals before. Unverified but he's not a troll.

Dude’s only got 5K followers on twitter…it’s got to be fake

Edit: sorry I didn’t see the last sentence

Last edited:
if belichick can win with the 6th round pick, he can do the same with Mac
Coach Fisherchick ain't winnin' **** with Mac Jones unless they get him some receivers. I'd love to see Deebo here but I just don't see NE paying what it will cost.

this guy has broken several deals before. Unverified but he's not a troll.

Has he? I’ve seen him make several totally bunk reports but my memory does tell me he was credible in at least one occasion… but I can’t remember what that was so it could’ve just been dumb luck.

2) Considering Deebo is calling for the trade, he probably has a relatively short list of preferred teams... the Patriots will not be one of them.
I’m not sure why you’d say that. The Patriots met with him before the draft and he seemed to have a high opinion of Belichick (and made a video saying he will “see Bill soon” implying he was being drafted by NE). Obviously they whiffed and took Harry instead… but there’s a connection there. Not sure there’s any reason to write NE off as a place he would want to go at this stage.

While he was solid as a rookie and prior to last year, he stood out most as a hybrid WR/RB. And he expects to get paid off that performance... but doesn't want to be a hybrid WR/RB after getting paid? Yikes. That's like Gronk wanting a new contract in his prime but saying he doesn't want to block.
Well except that prime Gronk was basically the best receiving TE in NFL history.

I’m not sure why you’d say that. The Patriots met with him before the draft and he seemed to have a high opinion of Belichick (and made a video saying he will “see Bill soon” implying he was being drafted by NE). Obviously they whiffed and took Harry instead… but there’s a connection there. Not sure there’s any reason to write NE off as a place he would want to go at this stage.
I'm sure he would go anywhere where he was being offered what he feels he is worth.

He wouldn't move the needle here. Hate trading draft picks AND signing a huge deal. Belichick could have had him instead of harry, but NOOOOO!!

Then he signed useless jonnu smith to a record breaking top o' the market deal. Bidding against only himself and crippling them this year w regard to csp space.

Nu uh Billy boy, Mr. $25 million dollar man. You got us here with your draft "prowess" now draft us out. Mr. Genius who drafts otherwise udfa safeties in the 2nd round.

Coach Fisherchick ain't winnin' **** with Mac Jones unless they get him some receivers. I'd love to see Deebo here but I just don't see NE paying what it will cost.

Agreed. At this point our defense isn’t good enough to carry Mac like it did Tommy during the early dynasty years….we need weapons

Offer them the rights to NKeal Harry, and Jimmy Garrapolo, for Deebo.

1) Yes, all day long on trading for Deebo Samuel... the season he just had was phenomenal. I would give up our 1st and one of our WRs (anyone).

2) Considering Deebo is calling for the trade, he probably has a relatively short list of preferred teams... the Patriots will not be one of them.

3) Can people stop mentioning N'Keal Harry as a possible trade piece?... it's official, he's a complete bust, no one wants him.
1. No idea what they expect to get if they trade him.

2. Deebo was hoping to play in New England. Why wouldn’t he want to come to a playoff team that’s on the rise, with a promising kid QB who throws a catchable ball? Unless your thinking the Rams or Bucs or Bills or Chiefs are going to become even more ridiculously top-heavy, the Pars are a place where he becomes the number 1.

3. You miss the point. The only reason people mention Garry on a trade or otherwise is because it somehow makes them feel better to crap all over a player.

I don't see why a receiver of his caliber would want to play for the Patriots, given the current state of the team and what the rest of the conference looks like. He also made those comments when Brady was still the Patriots quarterback. I'm seeing the Jets and Lions are in the mix too so who knows?... the Patriots are a better option than either of them. My guess is he ends up with an obvious contender like KC... if SF is willing to deal in the NFC then Green Bay, Dallas or Tampa Bay.

Why wouldn’t he want to come to a playoff team that’s on the rise, with a promising kid QB who throws a catchable ball?
I don't agree with the highlighted part. Not for 2022 anyway. Too many teams in the conference got better while they probably did not. I'm really down on the Patriots coaching staff too... Judge or Patricia calling plays on offense... that's going to be a disaster imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes