PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Declining Brady in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This Will Tom Brady Reach Another Super Bowl? - ESPN Video - ESPN is a pretty entertaining argument between Rob Parker, Skip Bayless and Eric Mangini as the latter two fend off a very aggressive Parker who claims Tom's playoff numbers prove that Tom is done making rings.

This is unquestionably a spirited argument with the heat boiling, but there is a disingenuous attempt by Parker (caught in the act) to pad his numbers. It just goes to show you what a desperate mind will do to win an argument based on likes and dislikes.

Yeah, not even worth arguing against him.

Oh nice, Rob Packers unbiased opinion, can't wait to not hear that.

Rob Parker hates the Pats and hates Brady. He can't mention the word "Patriots" without a reference to spygate. He's a jack *****

I hope Rob Parker gets cancer.

This Will Tom Brady Reach Another Super Bowl? - ESPN Video - ESPN is a pretty entertaining argument between Rob Parker, Skip Bayless and Eric Mangini as the latter two fend off a very aggressive Parker who claims Tom's playoff numbers prove that Tom is done making rings.

This is unquestionably a spirited argument with the heat boiling, but there is a disingenuous attempt by Parker (caught in the act) to pad his numbers. It just goes to show you what a desperate mind will do to win an argument based on likes and dislikes.

I've never heard of Rob Parker. And, if you hadn't posted this I probably never would.:(

Another example of too much media time to fill with too little talent.

Does Rob Parker even know that in 3 of Brady's first 5 playoff games, he had a QB Rating of below 77? Also, in that span, Brady only threw 3 TDs and had 2 INTs. Except for the 2004 season, Brady's career playoff stats have pretty much been not as good as his regular season stats.

Look here: Tom Brady Playoffs Game Log - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Also, interestingly, in 8 of his 22 post-season games, Brady had a QB Rating of less than 80. His record was 5-3 in those games.

This guy really has it out for Brady.

After the last SB, he made it loud and clear that Brady can never be the greatest QB of all-time. Never. Ever. Never. Mangini almost laughed at him. There were lots of QBs that will never play in a SB because they aren't good enough; Brady played in 5. I guess if Tom wins the next 10 SBs and MVPs, it still won't make up for his SB loss to the Giants, a game that everyone said was even on both sides of the ball, and a game where Tom sure played well enough to win, although not his best.

Last edited:
Contrary to what Parker thinks, since ******* Brady's numbers are actually better in the playoffs.

2001-2006 16 games, 20 tds, 9 ints, 86.2 rating
2007-2011 8 games,18 tds, 11 ints, 90.1 rating

Mod edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
2009 vs Ravens: No Wes Welker, banged up all year, had only one target to throw to, Moss was double covered.

2010 vs Jets: The WRs couldn't get open against the man coverage and the offensive line got exposed.

2011 vs Ravens: Played against a tough defense which jammed the WRs and had to rely on his TEs. Kept going deep on special teams WRs that can't stretch the field.

Brady now has WRs that can get open against man coverage and stretch the field (Lloyd, Gaffney, Stallworth) along with 3 security blankets in Welker, Gronk and Hernandez that can destroy the middle of the field (Branch is not needed anymore).

Rob Parker is capable of doing something that I thought was not possible to do: make the rest of the superficial idiots on daytime bspn shows like Skip Bayless and Woody Paige sound highly intelligent. And that has nothing to do with the fact that the next time he has something positive to say about anyone related to the Patriots organization it will be the first time that happens. Listen to him speak; he's a slow dimwit.

The guy is a bitter racist bigot; don't watch him, don't listen to him, don't start threads about him, and most importantly don't list any links for which he may benefit from the click.

"This guy really has it out for Brady.

After the last SB, he made it loud and clear that Brady can never be the greatest QB of all-time. Never. Ever. Never. Mangini almost laughed at him. There were lots of QBs that will never play in a SB because they aren't good enough; Brady played in 5. I guess if Tom wins the next 10 SBs and MVPs, it still won't make up for his SB loss to the Giants, a game that everyone said was even on both sides of the ball, and a game where Tom sure played well enough to win, although not his best."

I completely agree. Also, I can't believe Rob and Skip think that Brady blew last year's Super Bowl. They're both morons.

Last edited:
Well Brady was injured during the last 2 SB losses, the foot injury in 2007 and the shoulder hurt in the 3rd qtr in the last SB. He also had an injury during the loss to Denver in 2006.

The question is can Brady get to the SB healthy?

Last year he was healthy enough, age can be a factor at this point.

Parker is a Pats hater & NYTroll.

2009 vs Ravens: No Wes Welker, banged up all year, had only one target to throw to, Moss was double covered.

2010 vs Jets: The WRs couldn't get open against the man coverage and the offensive line got exposed.

2011 vs Ravens: Played against a tough defense which jammed the WRs and had to rely on his TEs. Kept going deep on special teams WRs that can't stretch the field.

Brady now has WRs that can get open against man coverage and stretch the field (Lloyd, Gaffney, Stallworth) along with 3 security blankets in Welker, Gronk and Hernandez that can destroy the middle of the field (Branch is not needed anymore).

Parker seems to thinks the Pats should have had all those seasons in the bag except for the poor play of Brady.

He forgets that in 09 we weren't all that all year long. I don't think we won
but 1 game on the road(Biils), I don't know if London counts. Brady was back after being out a year and wasn't yet in form. We struggled all year and never figured to go very far in the playoff.

2010 was another year we weren't supposed to do anything. I think Mike and Mike figured the pats at 9-7.

2011 our defense was terrible and half way through the year no one but homers expected us to reach the Superbowl. The thing is Brady carried the pats on his back all year. Yeah he got some unexpected help with the tight ends but he sailed the ship. Parker lays the blame for the Pats losses squarely on Brady's back. He should be embarrassed but that wouldn't occur to him because he's just plain ignorant.

Last edited:
Whenever I see or hear Skip Bayless I immediatly turn the electronic devise to another station or off. Sorry I can't give you your time back.

Rob Parker is capable of doing something that I thought was not possible to do: make the rest of the superficial idiots on daytime bspn shows like Skip Bayless and Woody Paige sound highly intelligent. And that has nothing to do with the fact that the next time he has something positive to say about anyone related to the Patriots organization it will be the first time that happens. Listen to him speak; he's a slow dimwit.

The guy is a bitter racist bigot; don't watch him, don't listen to him, don't start threads about him, and most importantly don't list any links for which he may benefit from the click.

Well Said/Typed!
Throw in Jamele Hill as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results