PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill - Thanks for Giving Away the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense could not get ONE STOP.
I have seen this repeated so often, I don't think the people who are saying it realize it isn't true.

The defense made 2 stops. I'm not saying that is a good thing to make only 2 stops over the course of the game, but it is simply not accurate to claim they didn't have a single one. They also arguably had a 3rd stop on that final drive when Philadelphia took over already in FG position and went 3-and-out, settling for the FG.

Again, I am NOT saying the defense played well, I am just noting the hyperbole of saying "The defense could not get ONE STOP."

Andy, I don’t think anyone here is questioning Bill’s authority on benching someone or that Butler screwed up. Just becuase Bill does it, however, does not mean he handled it right. He’s made plenty of mistakes before, as do all coaches/GMs.
Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it wrong either.
You are trying to judge a decision without knowing the facts it was based upon. That’s silly.

Because you couldn’t go into a game with 3 corners. If 2 of them were injured then butler would have played.
Why does that matter. He either did something that made it not okay for him to be on the team, or whatever he did wasn’t bad enough to sent him home. If it wasn’t bad enough to send him home than he should’ve played.

So in your eyes there is nothing a starting player can do that would deserve being benched?

I’m not sure who is putting on butler other than making the obvious conclusion that he must have done something and not just be the name thr dart hit when B.B. threw The Who sits out the Sb dart.
Of course not, but especially not the way it was done. If he did something outrageous then make him inactive and get Rowe ready to play (more than 5 minutes before kickoff). Or bench him for the first half and see how it goes. If Rowe is playing well, he's out for the game. If Rowe is playing like crap you put Butler in and try to win the game then kick his ass to the curb afterwards. Don't be a vindictive pissant (pun intended) taking your "my way or the highway" philosophy to the extreme of losing the game, which is what BB did. I honestly can't believe so many people are defending this decision and/or the way it was done. Malcolm is what he is. Knowing that, BB set the Patriots up to lose - how can any of you defend that?

And everyone questioning it doesn’t know the facts.

Do you notice that no one in the locker room has made any statement questioning it or supporting butler?
Don’t you find that odd?
If the team felt they “everyone” does why are t they ripping B.B. like you are, or at least making some type of comment?
I don't find it odd. You cross BB you get benched in the Super Bowl and blamed for the loss. If I was a player I would be pissed at Malcolm Butler for messing up AND at BB for how he handled it. For all we know they are all practicing Mom's tried and true advice on both Butler and BB, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

What do you make of the fact that not a single player coach or team employee has said anything backing butler?
Hightower liked Browner's posts, which defended Butler and criticized BB.

That team employees didn’t criticize BB on the record isn’t evidence for their knowing relevant addition; it could equally likely be a realization that criticism of the coach would be unhelpful to the team to themselves.

well well well.

Looks like we can cross off a bunch of "Well butler did this" and "Well butler did that" from all the people blindly defending BB and saying this is all on butler.

Looking to see what is next on the Lets blindly follow bill supporters list of things to blame Butler for

Why does that matter. He either did something that made it not okay for him to be on the team, or whatever he did wasn’t bad enough to sent him home. If it wasn’t bad enough to send him home than he should’ve played.
Ckearly this was the case so why would you argue there are only 2 possibilities, none of which happened?

You know as well as I do that if he was benched for no reason players would be complaining and questioning just like ex players have done, the difference being they weren't there.

Any other team I would agree.

Hightower liked Browner's posts, which defended Butler and criticized BB.

That team employees didn’t criticize BB on the record isn’t evidence for their knowing relevant addition; it could equally likely be a realization that criticism of the coach would be unhelpful to the team to themselves.

Good thing Hightower got most of his $$$$$ Up-Front.:D

Yes, let's just ignore the entire season, particularly the 2nd half when Malcolm was out there playing, and the D was playing great, and speculate that Malcolm's play deteriorated so much (because you've already said it wasn't a moral issue) between the AFCCG, when he played 98% of the snaps, and the Super Bowl when the coach felt it necessary to bench him and notify his replacement about 5 minutes before the kickoff, and put him in for zero snaps despite said replacement getting torched, and say that BB didn't think he could have helped. You should change your name to robertheadintheclouds. It's more fitting.

Yep. Belichick wanted Butler is blow their trust, and he really didn’t to win The Super Bowl, that was obvious from his dour reaction to winning the AFCCG, what he wanted was to stick it to the Patriots and Patriot fans and lose the game. That’s why we now call him Bill Hitler. He’s been screwing us for years.

I have never seen a more entitled and irrational fan base in my life.

I don't find it odd. You cross BB you get benched in the Super Bowl and blamed for the loss. If I was a player I would be pissed at Malcolm Butler for messing up AND at BB for how he handled it. For all we know they are all practicing Mom's tried and true advice on both Butler and BB, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
Yeah that’s realistic.

Yes, let's just ignore the entire season, particularly the 2nd half when Malcolm was out there playing, and the D was playing great,

I don't think Bill ignored any of that. Going into the Sb he knew exactly the kind of player Malcolm was going to be...and he had major concerns

and speculate that Malcolm's play deteriorated so much

Who is saying his play deteriorated? He was not as good as he was in 2016 but he was still a solid #2 CB. He didn't suddenly become Leonard Myers.The numbers show this. It is rumored that he was frustrating the coaching staff with technique issues which he was asked repeatedly to change and he refused. He was also accused of playing man and not zone during the playoffs.

(because you've already said it wasn't a moral issue)

Yep. I don't think weed or having a few drinks or missing bed check was the straw that broke the camels back.

between the AFCCG, when he played 98% of the snaps, and the Super Bowl when the coach felt it necessary to bench him and notify his replacement about 5 minutes before the kickoff, and put him in for zero snaps despite said replacement getting torched, and say that BB didn't think he could have helped.

Yep. He was not prepared to play in the game and BB didn't trust him enough to make himself part of the game plan.

To be clear....the only way this goes down like this is this was building. Its not like BB is singing praises for Malcolm one minute and the next hes shooting him in the kneecaps.

You should change your name to robertheadintheclouds. It's more fitting.

You should change your avatar to Pete Carroll. He never held anyone accountable here.

well well well.

Looks like we can cross off a bunch of "Well butler did this" and "Well butler did that" from all the people blindly defending BB and saying this is all on butler.

Looking to see what is next on the Lets blindly follow bill supporters list of things to blame Butler for

Likely hear "thats what he will say " . If bill comes out and agrees with butler, then also you will hear , "thats what bill will say" .
Bottomline people wont change their minds.

Yep. Belichick wanted Butler is blow their trust, and he really didn’t to win The Super Bowl, that was obvious from his dour reaction to winning the AFCCG, what he wanted was to stick it to the Patriots and Patriot fans and lose the game. That’s why we now call him Bill Hitler. He’s been screwing us for years.

I have never seen a more entitled and irrational fan base in my life.
please re-write your post legibly...

Likely hear "thats what he will say " . If bill comes out and agrees with butler, then also you will hear , "thats what bill will say" .
Bottomline people wont change their minds.

malcolm is setting himself up for free agency

well well well.

They will still blame Butler. They have the same psychology as the “patriots are cheaters!!” crowd, just happen to be pats fans.

well well well.

They would probably say Butler's $h!t stink but BB doesn't of-course they talking from personal experience or view points.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3