PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill - Thanks for Giving Away the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why everyone can't grasp this. The corners on the roster Sunday are as follows:

Butler
Bademosi
Gilmore
Rowe

Unofficial Depth Chart

So if you make Butler inactive, that means if someone goes down, you have to call up a PS player. (Ryan Lewis??) So, in BB's parlance, he made a football decision and kept him here just in case of emergency. That way, he can protect the player, LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES, and doesn't call him out and hurt his value on the FA market.

What did he say after they beat Seattle? "It's a players game." He has a high level of respect for the players.

So many of you are making this guy out to be Parcells, who was indeed all about himself. Belichick does not equal Parcells.

The only question now is what personal vendetta did Bill have against Malcolm?

well well well.

Looks like we can cross off a bunch of "Well butler did this" and "Well butler did that" from all the people blindly defending BB and saying this is all on butler.

Looking to see what is next on the Lets blindly follow bill supporters list of things to blame Butler for

“Durr he’s lying”

Short of committing a criminal offense, I don't see how BB can justify benching Butler the ENTIRE ****ING SUPER BOWL as being "best for the team" if Rowe, Richards and Bademosi are getting torched.

well well well.

Looks like we can cross off a bunch of "Well butler did this" and "Well butler did that" from all the people blindly defending BB and saying this is all on butler.

Looking to see what is next on the Lets blindly follow bill supporters list of things to blame Butler for

Of course not, but especially not the way it was done. If he did something outrageous then make him inactive and get Rowe ready to play (more than 5 minutes before kickoff). Or bench him for the first half and see how it goes. If Rowe is playing well, he's out for the game. If Rowe is playing like crap you put Butler in and try to win the game then kick his ass to the curb afterwards. Don't be a vindictive pissant (pun intended) taking your "my way or the highway" philosophy to the extreme of losing the game, which is what BB did. I honestly can't believe so many people are defending this decision and/or the way it was done. Malcolm is what he is. Knowing that, BB set the Patriots up to lose - how can any of you defend that?
so you don’t know what he did but are confident you have a better idea what the punishment should have been?

Who is defending the decision? How can you defend a decision without knowing the facts.

My standpoint is that butler did something that caused B.B. to have to make a decision that may have cost HIM and his organization a championship.

People hemorrhaging stupid by implying belichick just decided for no good reason to not do everything he can to win a Sb are being ridiculous.

I am “defending” belichick from people making **** up.

If this board were a butler lynch mob I would be sitting here saying the exact same things, that you don’t know the facts, and explaining the other side which people are ignoring and everyone would say I’m “defending” butler.

What I’m “defending” is people making judgments without facts and acting like a lynch mob gone mad.

I don't see why everyone can't grasp this. The corners on the roster Sunday are as follows:

Butler
Bademosi
Gilmore
Rowe

Unofficial Depth Chart

So if you make Butler inactive, that means if someone goes down, you have to call up a PS player. (Ryan Lewis??) So, in BB's parlance, he made a football decision and kept him here just in case of emergency. That way, he can protect the player, LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES, and doesn't call him out and hurt his value on the FA market.

What did he say after they beat Seattle? "It's a players game." He has a high level of respect for the players.

So many of you are making this guy out to be Parcells, who was indeed all about himself. Belichick does not equal Parcells.
Well...i thought one of the emergencies was when you had make them punt more than 1 time, no ? All this protect player stuff is hard to believe. You think what he did now protects butler. ? Look at this board! People are killing him for saying "they lost faith in me!"

so you don’t know what he did but are confident you have a better idea what the punishment should have been?

Who is defending the decision? How can you defend a decision without knowing the facts.

My standpoint is that butler did something that caused B.B. to have to make a decision that may have cost HIM and his organization a championship.

People hemorrhaging stupid by implying belichick just decided for no good reason to not do everything he can to win a Sb are being ridiculous.

I am “defending” belichick from people making **** up.

If this board were a butler lynch mob I would be sitting here saying the exact same things, that you don’t know the facts, and explaining the other side which people are ignoring and everyone would say I’m “defending” butler.

What I’m “defending” is people making judgments without facts and acting like a lynch mob gone mad.
LOL Andy you are as bad as the rest of us. What have I made up? You are implying that Belichick had a good reason not to do everything he could to win the Super Bowl.

They will still blame Butler. They have the same psychology as the “patriots are cheaters!!” crowd, just happen to be pats fans.
So your position is butler did nothing and belichick has mental issues?

well well well.

So, if we’re to believe both this and Belichick and assume it was a football decision, that is absolutely mind boggling. I feel bad for the players because, for once, the coaching staff failed them. That’s if this is to be believed.

Likely hear "thats what he will say " . If bill comes out and agrees with butler, then also you will hear , "thats what bill will say" .
Bottomline people wont change their minds.

Ahhhh but JOKES on them because Bill already said it wasn't a disciplinary choice.

So bill says Butler didn't do anything wrong, Butler says he didn't do anything wrong, That means Bill thought butler wasn't physically capable of playing defense despite playing 98% of the teams snaps up until that point. This screams personal issue with butler.

LOL Andy you are as bad as the rest of us. What have I made up? You are implying that Belichick had a good reason not to do everything he could to win the Super Bowl.
I didn’t say you made anything I said you argued whatvthr punishment should have been without knowing what the punishment was for.

I’m not implying anything I’d the sort.
I’m saying if belichick felt he needed to bench butler he had to have a good reason.
Do you disagree? Do you think he did it on a whim for no reason at all?

The difference here is you are saying the punishment was too harsh and I am saying we don’t know what the punishment was based upon do how can we know it’s to harsh?

Malcolm strongly denies its disciplinary. BB said it’s not disciplinary. Can we please stop with the crap about missed flights and drugs?

It was a decision based on football. Which is what makes it downright bizarre not to just try him in the second half and try to get a spark going. Something. It was a mistake. Can’t be perfect all the time.

There’s a small group of posters on here whose delusion almost worries me.
It's not even delusion, it's just they are so dug in on defending Belichick to the bitter end that they can't fathom he might have made a mistake.

They keep saying things like "we don't know so it's not fair to judge". Then in the face of that speculate on Butler doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back