PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAndre Hopkins released (And Ongoing Rumors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Hop would be a dream, but I just don't see how BillOB would tolerate him (and I seriously doubt the D-Hop would want to play for BillOB); there is just too much bad blood, alas.

D-Hop would make all the difference in the world.

What happens with someone like D-Hop is that defenses have to hang a safety deep which opens up the the short routes a bit and even the run game. You saw that with Randy Moss (thank you Felger for driving him out of town, you ***hat). Basically the defense is sort of having to play with one less guy or half guy. With this one move, all of a sudden the Patriots would have a serious offense....that combined with their very serious defense, well, wow...

I think the Pats are in it if they have the biggest dollar offer for Hopkins. It is being reported he wants similar money to OBJ, I would be happy if the Pats paid Hopkins that, although I’d prefer a contact keeping with the team for multiple seasons.

My only concern is that He and Julio had nearly identical seasons when Julio left Atlanta after 2020. And D Hop leaving AZ this year.

Both missed a lot of time, but still had pretty good numbers for the time they played. (Both even played 9 games and had roughly 700 yards in those games played) But both also had nagging injury issues leading up to their departure, and were hitting the wrong side of 30.

Julio clearly fell way off a cliff and is unemployed two short years later. Many WR’s seem to anymore once they hit their early 30’s.

The game is so much faster now, guys just can’t keep up anymore as they age.
Deandre is already not very quick to begin with. I do worry he may follow that trend.

Why bother signing a WR who probably has a good year or two left when your team at best is a first round playoff elimination ?

I don’t see this mentioned anywhere else yet…

Still nothing from the big hitters or anyone else. This dude made it up.

4 catches - 56 yards - 1 TD for AB...

He also stopped running on a route the same way Jakobi Meyers had, the thing that got him benched by Tommy.

Oh yeah, then he submarined our team by getting charged with rape... beyond that he was magical. :rofl:

So who the **** exactly mentioned anything about what happened after the Miami game?

****ing cheerleaders...

@JarOfMayo51 Excellent post brother couldn't agree more getting D-Hop puts us well in the mix especially with our Tough Schedule. D-Hop -Juju and Thornton should be really good. :cool:

One of these is not like the others...

Last edited:
So who the **** exactly mentioned anything about what happened after the Miami game?

****ing cheerleaders...
It wasn't "magical" because of Antonio Brown... the Patriots slaughtered the Dolphins because the #1 ranked defense in the NFL sacked Miami's QB's 7 times, forced 4 turnovers, held them 2-15 on third downs and took two interceptions to the house.

The only thing AB did was burn through the last of the Patriot's cash and cap space for 2019 and made them look stupid for signing him.

Why bother signing a WR who probably has a good year or two left when your team at best is a first round playoff elimination ?
Because this is based on nothing but an overly negative opinion.

Still nothing from the big hitters or anyone else. This dude made it up.
So, you know all the reporters who cover sports teams in all the cities to be able to say it's BS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes