PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deal with this: I #respect Cam as a person and as a leader

Bledsoe sat on the bench from the Saints game until the AFC title game back in 2001-2002....it was not a problem. When Bledsoe got hurt, the locker room was probably 50/50 Bledsoe/Brady at the time.

Belichick makes $$$$$$ to make that call and I believe he has a good feel for the pulse of the team.
I think we need to credit Bledsoe for the way he handled his demotion in 2001. Had he not handled it so well it could have split the locker room in two.

I don't believe that Newton would handle his demotion the same way.

I think we need to credit Bledsoe for the way he handled his demotion in 2001. Had he not handled it so well it could have split the locker room in two.

Thats why I think tonight decides it.

Tonight/Monday BB will have a honest convo with Cam and based on CoB Tuesday we will know how that will have gone.

Thats why I think tonight decides it.

Tonight/Monday BB will have a honest convo with Cam and based on CoB Tuesday we will know how that will have gone.
I think that it will be decided and practices will be closed and Miami will find out when Mac runs out on the field.

I think it's probably close to 50/50 right now and will be tomorrow if nothing massively changes tonight.

My guess is that Cam starts the opener (which probably means Mac will), because going from Cam to Mac is a natural progression. If Mac starts and struggles, it's a very different deal benching him for Cam. Not to mention going 17 games (plus, hopefully) is a lot for our young dad-bod friend.

So I think Cam starts, and is better than last year (he'd almost have to be). But I think he'll falter, or get hurt, or both. And round about game 5 or 6 Mac will start, and away we go.

I think the center point of any football team is the QB. I believe (personal opinion) not getting the COVID vaccine is stupid. I don't want a stupid person as the center point of my football. For me, this may be a frustrating season.

I disagree. While Newton is a competitor...he has the respect of the locker room and formed a bond with our veterans. IMO, McCourty is the big dog in the locker room and will keep things together.

I don't get the hatred here, or making him the butt of bad parody. From everything I've read, Cam puts in the work and is well liked and respected by the locker room and the coaches. Granted, an E for effort doesn't count for much in football, and there are valid performance issues that may very well speak against him being the starter. But let's not disrespect him as a man.
Can we dislike a person without being disrespectful? I think we can.

Can we dislike a person without being disrespectful? I think we can.

He’s a public figure who has probably bagged a quarter of a billion dollars by being a public persona, which includes being a lighting rod for undue praise and undue criticism.

I’m sorry but I cannot - with a straight face - apply respect to these types of situations. Same with any politician. Much of what they do is a public relations and marketing to create an image and friendly persona. Therefore, I really have little idea who they actually are and don’t care to dig through it all. Poking fun about this stuff - as a follower - is part of my paid-for fan experience.

I think the center point of any football team is the QB. I believe (personal opinion) not getting the COVID vaccine is stupid. I don't want a stupid person as the center point of my football. For me, this may be a frustrating season.
LMAO. He already had covid twice.. right? Why would he need the vaccine? You do know how it works - right? It creates a ton of spike proteins via mRNA to get the body to respond faster to covid. Well Cam will have an actual immunity because he already had covid! So why does he need the vaccine.

This is beyond ******ed. I dislike Cam as a football player. But in no way should he be compelled to take a vaccine that provides zero immunity and does not prevent the spread of the disease.

The vaccine and this is coming from PFIZER makes the symptoms less severe. That's it. You can read the Pfizer studies yourself - they are freely available.

NFL plan is medically ignorant and Cam is within his rights to not take the vaccine. Stat wise it would be shocking if any of the non obese players were to die from covid. The death rate in their age group is about zero. It's only the coaches that are at risk - maybe some of the lineman..

Cam problem is that he can't throw accurately. He can't make quick reads. He isn't Lamar Jackson fast anymore. And his body is beat up from his style. But vaccine? No. Not to mention NFL players don't really need to be book smart - even QBs. So premise is wrong anyway..

He’s a public figure who has probably bagged a quarter of a billion dollars by being a public persona, which includes being a lighting rod for undue praise and undue criticism.

I’m sorry but I cannot - with a straight face - apply respect to these types of situations. Same with any politician. Much of what they do is a public relations and marketing to create an image and friendly persona. Therefore, I really have little idea who they actually are and don’t care to dig through it all. Poking fun about this stuff - as a follower - is part of my paid-for fan experience.
I think Cam fits that description better than most. He came into league with the intention of becoming an icon (his own words). There aren't that many NYFL players that I dislike more.

LMAO. He already had covid twice.. right? Why would he need the vaccine? You do know how it works - right? It creates a ton of spike proteins via mRNA to get the body to respond faster to covid. Well Cam will have an actual immunity because he already had covid! So why does he need the vaccine.

This is beyond ******ed. I dislike Cam as a football player. But in no way should he be compelled to take a vaccine that provides zero immunity and does not prevent the spread of the disease.

The vaccine and this is coming from PFIZER makes the symptoms less severe. That's it. You can read the Pfizer studies yourself - they are freely available.

NFL plan is medically ignorant and Cam is within his rights to not take the vaccine. Stat wise it would be shocking if any of the non obese players were to die from covid. The death rate in their age group is about zero. It's only the coaches that are at risk - maybe some of the lineman..

Cam problem is that he can't throw accurately. He can't make quick reads. He isn't Lamar Jackson fast anymore. And his body is beat up from his style. But vaccine? No. Not to mention NFL players don't really need to be book smart - even QBs. So premise is wrong anyway..
If Cam or any other player doesn't like the NYFL rules they have the right to leave. Since he doesn't want to do that he can continue to live by the rules. The problem with that is that it could seriously affect the team when/if a problem comes up.

He wouldn’t for sure and I think he’d be gone from the team the moment he’s no longer a starter.

BINGO x 1300%

People who have taken both doses of the Pfizer jab are 6 to13 TIMES more likely to have a breakthrough infection from the Delta variant, and are even at a “greater risk for Covid-19 hospitalizations" than those with natural immunity.

The NFL protocols are obsolete for players with natural immunity like Cam, they are more dangerous...up to 1300% more dangerous.

Knowing what we know now, why should Cam succumb to group think knowing that decision would make him 13 times more vulnerable to Delta?

wow didn't know so many doctors with a great reputation and knowledge in immunology are around here in the patsfans board
Picard Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Bledsoe handled it well? Are you joking?
He tried to get Kraft to overrule Belichick them pouted publicly and privately. Do you not remember the “competing for MY job” interview?
The team moved on from Bledsoe. There was no split because the team was behind Brady, and frankly would have been behind Bledsoe if it went the other way.
Lockerrooms don’t split over who plays. It just doesn’t happen, it’s a media creation.

BINGO x 1300%

People who have taken both doses of the Pfizer jab are 6 to13 TIMES more likely to have a breakthrough infection from the Delta variant, and are even at a “greater risk for Covid-19 hospitalizations" than those with natural immunity.

The NFL protocols are obsolete for players with natural immunity like Cam, they are more dangerous...up to 1300% more dangerous.

Knowing what we know now, why should Cam succumb to group think knowing that decision would make him 13 times more vulnerable to Delta?

This article is a pre-print.
We conducted a retrospective observational study

That makes the study worth 0.00. it isn’t because I’m not interested or open minded; I’ve already given my thoughts that natural immunity has a lot of benefit. But this study is just more ****…I could point out several obvious points that will get torn apart in peer review, just like with any retrospective observational study; these should not be given any credence. And if you’re someone who is skeptical about a pro-vaccine agenda, I can assure you it’s because these same methods were used for that misinformation too.

Bledsoe handled it well? Are you joking?
He tried to get Kraft to overrule Belichick them pouted publicly and privately. Do you not remember the “competing for MY job” interview?
The team moved on from Bledsoe. There was no split because the team was behind Brady, and frankly would have been behind Bledsoe if it went the other way.
Lockerrooms don’t split over who plays. It just doesn’t happen, it’s a media creation.

Indeed. A lot of altered history about Bledsoe being a demoted Jesus figure.

He was rather kunty in a passive aggressive way.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back