PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing David Andrews is back!!

We’ll see the details, but i’m skeptical it’s a real 4 year deal for a guy who missed a season due to blood clots in his lungs. I’m guessing the Patriots have an out after 2 with minimal impact. We’ll see.

When that happened, looking on this Board about three layers deep under all the drama, were informed posts about this condition which said that there was a good chance that it was a one-time occurrence, and not an indication of an ongoing problem.

I recall my mother, in her old age, having an MRI because she was having headaches the docs couldn't explain. She got an all-clear result, and said to me, "Well, I'm the only one of my friends who knows she doesn't have a brain tumor."

It could be that Andrews is so well monitored in this regard that he's actually less likely to get a blood clot than any other Patriot player.

We don't know. We never will (unless he writes a book when he retires).

Why wouldn't Brown since he dominated there in 2018 and Wynn can't stay on the field?
If Wynn finds himself unable to step onto the field, that's one thing, but if he's healthy, I prefer to line everyone up in a spot where they have experience. Brown is a great player to have because he has proven the ability to play both LT and RT at a high level. Wynn, on the other hand, has only proven that he can play LT. He hasn't played a single snap of NFL football at guard, and only a few preseason snaps at RT.

Why not pick the lineup where both players are in a comfortable position based on their history? We would be putting Wynn into an unfamiliar situation where his play might get worse just so we can have a specific guy at LT. That only makes sense if you think LT is some transcendent position that dwarfs the other 4 OL spots in importance, and I don't think that's the case at all.

As of right now, here's the OL:

Wynn - LT, LG
Brown - LT, RT
Mason - RG
Andrews - C
Onwenu - LT, RT, LG, RG
Herron - LT, RT
Karras - C, G
Cunningham - T
Cajuste - T

Karras and Herron are starting caliber NFL offensive linemen. Cunningham is a quality backup. And the top 5 guys...well...they're all excellent. Not just solid, but excellent. This is as good an offensive line group as there is in the NFL, all things considered. I'm so stoked.

Let Harris and Michel and Cam run behind this line, along with a 2 TE set with Henry and Smith. They will road grade people. Then run play action and this line should be able to give Cam all day. Play-action with Harris and then you have Henry, Smith, Agholor, and Bourne to throw to, and I'd like to think that even Cam could do well in this situation.

If Wynn finds himself unable to step onto the field, that's one thing, but if he's healthy, I prefer to line everyone up in a spot where they have experience. Brown is a great player to have because he has proven the ability to play both LT and RT at a high level. Wynn, on the other hand, has only proven that he can play LT. He hasn't played a single snap of NFL football at guard, and only a few preseason snaps at RT.

Why not pick the lineup where both players are in a comfortable position based on their history? We would be putting Wynn into an unfamiliar situation where his play might get worse just so we can have a specific guy at LT. That only makes sense if you think LT is some transcendent position that dwarfs the other 4 OL spots in importance, and I don't think that's the case at all.
Fans are overthinking it.

Wynn played 36 games at LG vs SEC competition. His body type is perfect. Quick feet. Great playing strength. He'd be fine.

We have no idea what Brown can do for the NEP at RT b/c he didn't play that position here. We know what he can do at LT.

Last edited:
As of right now, here's the OL:

Wynn - LT, LG
Brown - LT, RT
Mason - RG
Andrews - C
Onwenu - LT, RT, LG, RG
Herron - LT, RT
Karras - C, G
Cunningham - T
Cajuste - T

Karras and Herron are starting caliber NFL offensive linemen. Cunningham is a quality backup. And the top 5 guys...well...they're all excellent. Not just solid, but excellent. This is as good an offensive line group as there is in the NFL, all things considered. I'm so stoked.

Let Harris and Michel and Cam run behind this line, along with a 2 TE set with Henry and Smith. They will road grade people. Then run play action and this line should be able to give Cam all day. Play-action with Harris and then you have Henry, Smith, Agholor, and Bourne to throw to, and I'd like to think that even Cam could do well in this situation.
I love football teams that can run the ball even when the defense is expecting it. Just line 'em up and pound it up the middle. I am stoked for this era of NEP football. Sure hope it works.

Wynn' s most comfortable spot is IR. He's missed 70% of games. Can't keep changing the lineup when he's in/,out

Did they ever release financial details

Hi @Ian! ;) Had coffee yet, @ashley1992 ;)

I know we still need the QBOTF, but does this mean the Pats aren't going to be a treadmill team after all? :rofl:

Why wouldn't Brown since he dominated there in 2018 and Wynn can't stay on the field?
Why would you determine the positions of players when they are healthy based upon their past health?
You put the healthy players in their best spots. It makes no sense to say this guy has an injury history so I’m going to move him out of position.

Why would you determine the positions of players when they are healthy based upon their past health?
You put the healthy players in their best spots. It makes no sense to say this guy has an injury history so I’m going to move him out of position.
It is absolutely a factor.

Wynn' s most comfortable spot is IR. He's missed 70% of games. Can't keep changing the lineup when he's in/,out
Why? Why would you Chan me the lineup when he is healthy so you have to change it differently when he isn’t? Makes no sense.
I know it’s your thing to do everything you can to criticize draft picks especially on offense but at least try to make sense.

It is absolutely a factor.
It’s a factor in his reliability. It’s not a factor in playing everyone at their best position when they are healthy.

It’s a factor in his reliability. It’s not a factor in playing everyone at their best position when they are healthy.
If a player has proven to be unreliable, whatever their best position is becomes irrelevant. Based on that you hope for health and the best talent playing.

Fans are overthinking it.

Wynn started 36 games at LG vs SEC competition. His body type is perfect. Quick feet. Great playing strength. He'll be fine.

We have no idea what Brown can do for the NEP at RT b/c he didn't play that position here. We know what he can do at LT.
The coaches have a decision to make, for sure. I'd lean toward the quicker guy at LT, which is Wynn. There's no reason to think Brown won't be dominant at RT. Move Onwenu to LG, I like the idea of a beast in the interior, as Andrews is on the small side.

The fact that Wynn played LG in college and Brown has played some RT gives us great flexibility and depth along this line. Having both Karras and Andrews solidifies the interior. There's also depth at T beyond the 3 OT's that will start, with Herren, Cajuste, and Cunningham (there's not enough room for all of them, embarrassment of riches). We could lose 2-3 guys and still have a great OL, I've never seen depth like this.

We also have unmatchable run blocking power with Brown and Onwenu, these 2 are monsters and God help the LB that has to take either one of them on. Also depth at FB/H-back with Johnson, Vitale & Keene.

I don't think we're gonna see many tackles for a loss this year, assuming McDaniels doesn't get cute and just plays power football.

The coaches have a decision to make, for sure. I'd lean toward the quicker guy at LT, which is Wynn. There's no reason to think Brown won't be dominant at RT. Move Onwenu to LG, I like the idea of a beast in the interior, as Andrews is on the small side.

The fact that Wynn played LG in college and Brown has played some RT gives us great flexibility and depth along this line. Having both Karras and Andrews solidifies the interior. There's also depth at T beyond the 3 OT's that will start, with Herren, Cajuste, and Cunningham (there's not enough room for all of them, embarrassment of riches). We could lose 2-3 guys and still have a great OL, I've never seen depth like this.

We also have unmatchable run blocking power with Brown and Onwenu, these 2 are monsters and God help the LB that has to take either one of them on. Also depth at FB/H-back with Johnson, Vitale & Keene.

I don't think we're gonna see many tackles for a loss this year, assuming McDaniels doesn't get cute and just plays power football.
Yep.

I'm certain Brown can play RT here. Lots of flexibility. Just gotta see how it jells.

If a player has proven to be unreliable, whatever their best position is becomes irrelevant. Based on that you hope for health and the best talent playing.
If you have 5 players available to play on a given day you play them in their best positions. There is absolutely no logic in moving them out of their best positions because they might get hurt.
You gain nothing and hurt your chances to win the game.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back