PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing David Andrews is back!!

hometown discount

That's a great deal for us. Team captain, great run blocker and decent pass blocker, anchors the line, keeps all but one position on the line continuous from last year. Glad to have you back David!

I'm happy he is back, but I feel that Andrews is consistently getting low balled. The former udfa seems too grateful and willing to take whatever we throw his way imo. I feel the same way about Edelman but he is too old and beat up to do anything about it now.

I'm happy he is back, but I feel that Andrews is consistently getting low balled. The former udfa seems too grateful and willing to take whatever we throw his way imo. I feel the same way about Edelman but he is too old and beat up to do anything about it now.
I don’t think andrews gets low ballled I think people overreate him and ignore the impact his health risk has on his value

Andrews has a baby on the way, likes the area, likes his team and where he's playing........and his market wasn't really much higher, i'd suspect.......patriots paid him fairly for a middle of the pack C, and he didn't want to disrupt things when he and his family liked it chasing a little more money, if it was even out there

I’m really hoping the Pats give him a Nikovich type of bonus when the time comes. I know 19 million is a lot of money to most average joes out there, but for what he does considering the NFL he is way underpaid imo.

This is robbery. He's barely making more than Karras. Ridiculous...
Would you be happier if they paid him more than he is worth or would accept and prevented a different acquisition?

Would you be happier if they paid him more than he is worth or would accept and prevented a different acquisition?
Nah I am just saying they got a great deal. Not being negative at all! Very excited.

Although I’d rather they trade up for someone like Lance who intrigues me, it’s almost more interesting to see what they do in the draft if they can’t. As you say, there’s so many directions to go with no real needs.
I think they still have some real needs, e.g..DL, WR, and QB, but they are no longer destitute at their positions of need because of their aggressive work in free agency. They still need a true #1 WR, but the depth there is pretty good, and their starting DL looks to be pretty average, but not a weakness.

I think they still have some real needs, e.g..DL, WR, and QB, but they are no longer destitute at their positions of need because of their aggressive work in free agency. They still need a true #1 WR, but the depth there is pretty good, and their starting DL looks to be pretty average, but not a weakness.
I should have said desperate needs. You are right, there are still needs But I don’t think they desperately need to address those needs. They can get by with the DL and WR they have. But QB, and especially the QBoTF is a priority need, leaps ahead of any other.

Im curious about what parts/players on the dL you are disappointed in. I think they did a great job of filling the starting roles as well as depth. I think it’s the best it’s been in many years.

I don’t think andrews gets low ballled I think people overreate him and ignore the impact his health risk has on his value

I wrote several posts on this last summer but apparently I have to write another one. Only who don’t understand the pathogenesis and prognoses of a pulmonary embolism believe that it affected his value. The fact that Andrews was able to come off of blood thinners and resume a career in the NFL means that the extensive evaluation that was 100% performed to look for a genetic predisposition to blood clots was negative.

Under the right circumstances (for instance, a long plane ride during which a person remains static in his/her seat for most of the flight) anyone can develop a blood clot in his/her leg which then can travel to the lung. As I have mentioned previously, Andrews took a long flight to Israel with Kraft and a number of current and ex-players, before his diagnosis. He very well could have developed the blood clot during the flight home.

After completing a six-month course of blood thinners, Andrews is now unlikely to be any more predisposed to another blood clot than you are.

Last edited:
This, to me, was the biggest signing of the offseason, especially at that price.

Andrews is top-five Center in the NFL. Letting him walk would've really hurt.

He’s worth more to the Patriots than his open market dictated.... I’m guessing he didn’t see much more money offered anywhere else

reality is when looking at his tangibles that he’s very middle of the pack on a year where there’s a decent C draft class

happy he’s back, happy with the contract....but he, like many others, likes it here

I wrote several posts on this last summer but apparently I have to write another one. Only who don’t understand the pathogenesis and prognoses of a pulmonary embolism believe that it affected his value. The fact that Andrews was able to come off of blood thinners and resume a career in the NFL means that the extensive evaluation that was 100% performed to look for a genetic predisposition to blood clots was negative.

Under the right circumstances (for instance, a long plane ride during which a person remains static in his/her seat for most of the flight) anyone can develop a blood clot in his/her leg which then can travel to the lung. As I have mentioned previously, Andrews took a long flight to Israel with craft and a number of current and ex-players, before his diagnosis. He very well could have developed in the blood clot during the flight home.

After completing a six-month course of blood thinners, Andrews is now unlikely to be any more predisposed to another blood clot than you are.
I wasn’t aware you had access to his medical records. Thanks for updating us.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back