PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing David Andrews is back!!

Awesome news !!! Very well

REPORT: David Andrews' Time is Over in New England
Ian Logue
It appears Patriots center David Andrews will be moving on in free agency and his tenure with the Patriots is over.

1616140209801.png
Can we say our dear Ian was a bit...premature????

This is such good news and a vital piece. We need more quality on the DL, a difference maker. Sort white and rex and then QB and we are set.

I'm really warming to Zach Wilson - think he's the best QB in the draft (right next to Lawrence), and could be exceptionally good in short time. If there's a way to get him without completely mortgaging the future, I'm all for it. A couple future 1sts/2nds I wouldn't mind parting with.

This team is so balanced and well-rounded right now. They need a QB, another offensive playmaker with the ball in their hands (WR or RB is fine), and perhaps another solid player at ILB and/or DL (and perhaps a CB, pending the J.C. Jackson situation). But those are luxuries, not massive needs at this point.

With Andrews returning and how set the OL is, if they can secure a competent QB ... my lord.
Wilson seems to be the consensus #2 prospect. I’ve assumed he’s out of reach. I agree that it appears to be lining up for the Pats to move up for a QB and learn behind Cam. I’d be happy with packaging multiple first and seconds for Wilson, Lance, or Fields.

Call me a homer but with New England's superior coaching, I firmly believe BB is a QB away from putting a Super Bowl-caliber roster together. Retaining Andrews is mammoth if only for solidifying the starters and improving depth.

2020 Newton pre-covid is good enough with this roster

Keeps on getting better and better. Nice move Bill Belichick. We now have Andrews at Center and Karras for the offensive line that looks good on paper with history.

Wilson seems to be the consensus #2 prospect. I’ve assumed he’s out of reach. I agree that it appears to be lining up for the Pats to move up for a QB and learn behind Cam. I’d be happy with packaging multiple first and seconds for Wilson, Lance, or Fields.
I know i'm in the minority but giving up that much for Lance when he has one decent season is just too much of a risk. there are just too many question marks. Yep he has all the tools but it's a risk IMO

2020 Newton pre-covid is good enough with this roster
Cam had some pretty awful games down the stretch when i don't htink covid was a problem anymore, The Bills and Rams games were bad. There were only 3 games precovid and one of those wasn't great. He was ok at times but also terrible at others and it is possible covid had nothing to do with it. I hope it did.

Wow! It was really weird he didn’t sign but damn sucks to be Karras
Same thing happened with Hightower and Jules (more than) a few years ago... they let them check the market, then they came back

Dear Ian,

Please don't erase this gem:

I plan on referencing it early and often.
As you’re referencing it, be sure to point out that many of the criticisms mentioned in that thread were admitted to by your hero with his spending spree this week.

So far your football god had thrown a lot of money at a lot of problems without any of it going to fix the biggest problem. Many of which were, especially the biggest, of his own making. We’ll see how it all works out.

Gotta wonder if this is one of those cases where BB encouraged Andrews to check out the free agent market and after realizing that the Pats offer was not that bad he chose to re-up with something predictable and stable.

I like this move, Karras will provide depth in a system he is familiar with.

Andrews is a vital cog for the Patriots..

Being one of the few teams who has money in a depression is amazing.

Let Andrews test the market, he finds NE was offering the same as anyone else, no need to leave. The market sets the price.

This is such good news and a vital piece. We need more quality on the DL, a difference maker. Sort white and rex and then QB and we are set.
Bring Hicks and Fuller. Trade Gilly (cap space) for a early 3rd. I would bring Rex back for cheap. We are SB bound.

This is very unexpected. Talk of having TOO many quality OLs needs to stop. Our downfall, in certain years, has been depth. Injuries happen. And even if they don’t (which would be amazing), I’m confident Karras will have some time to get out there and give players a breather.
RUN. THE. BALL.

More good news. Starting OL is set, bring back James White and RB is set. At this point the DL and QB are our their biggest needs. And the way Belichick is attacking free agency he may well be thinking of packaging picks to move up for a QB.

How mad is karras right now?
He has no right to be mad. If he wants the starters job he can work hard and beat out the player or players ahead of him. That's the same message that I used to give parents of little leaguers when they asked me why their kids weren't one of our 6 pitchers.

Do you think one of those QBs is the same as the others?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back