PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Etling Signs 4 Year Contract. (Merge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times has Tom Brady led a team to the AFCCG without Bill Belichick as his coach?

The same number of times Lombardi led a team to the NFLCG without Bart Starr.

The same number of times Red Auerbach led the Celtics to a conference championship without William Fenton Russell,

Last edited:
Danny Etling Full College Highlights

I'm no expert and by no means am I trying to imply that I think he's going to be a superstar, but in the highlight reel above he seems to be able to make all the throws. Hits the receiver in stride when he has space and back shoulder when necessary. Decent touch to the flat. Looks like a couple times he locked on to a receiver, but other times he seemed to be reading the D. Nice placement on the deep stuff. Maybe the chicken littles here are right and he does suck as bad as they say, but I think he at least has some traits to work with as caserio said.
Ed, just stop it. RIGHT NOW! Any suggestion that this bum might possibly be any good is ludicrous, you ***-kidding homer.

"my athole hurths..."....internet diarrhea is rampant post draft....

streetmarketing20x.gif

Really? d%#*!@t! How did I miss this hint by Brady? Especially after his agent came out and stated that Brady’s intentions remain the same they’ve always been! Ya know, playing into his mid 40’s? I really wish I had your insight.
I know these people are something. Brady is 40 and his career could end anytime but think about last year for a second. OK so Bill and Kraft realize Brady is still playing great and they have to do something with Jimmy G. We all know from all the reporters experts this off season Brady and Bill don't get along. Did these people ever see Brady and Kraft greet each other? You know the kiss on the cheek. Tow guys who have a great admiration for each other. You think Kraft had a meeting with TB12 and said listen Tom we are at a point where we have to do something with Jimmy. I need to know what you are thinking. Do you think you can give us another 2 or 3 years? If so we are going to get rid of Jimmy if not we have to keep him around and you might have to retire or leave the team in some way. Tom says no Mr Kraft I will definitely give you two or three more years as long as my body holds out. Kraft goes to Bill and says Tom is in we have to get ride of Jimmy. So do these people really think Brady is going to retire and screw Kraft over? It has nothing to do with Bill.

Ed, just stop it. RIGHT NOW! Any suggestion that this bum might possibly be any good is ludicrous, you ***-kidding homer.
Actually, any suggestion that any of us know anything is what is ludicrous. He probably won't be any good, it's just a law of averages thing. But to suggest that YOU know anything is the height of self delusional arrogance.

Actually, any suggestion that any of us know anything is what is ludicrous. He probably won't be any good, it's just a law of averages thing. But to suggest that YOU know anything is the height of self delusional arrogance.
You entirely missed the intended satire of my post, and, ultimately, that's seemingly my fault. I actually thought your take on the situation was reasoned and likely accurate. My apologies for a failed attempt at being clever.

You entirely missed the intended satire of my post, and, ultimately, that's seemingly my fault. I actually thought your take on the situation was reasoned and likely accurate. My apologies for a failed attempt at being clever.

My apologies. I guess you did too good of a job at imitating the naysayers so I mistook you for one of them. I suppose I should try to keep track to of who is and isn't generally reasonable.....;)
Edit.... Plus Felger was on TV at that moment, so I was already riled up to start....

My apologies. I guess you did too good of a job at imitating the naysayers so I mistook you for one of them. I suppose I should try to keep track to of who is and isn't generally reasonable.....;)
Keeping track of that is one tall order...:)

Edit.... Plus Felger was on TV at that moment, so I was already riled up to start....

For the record I'm not one of them. I'll start wearing a bright orange hunting vest so you'll know.

Over/under on that being his #of career NFL passing attempts?

Way over. He's getting traded for a fourth next season. BB and JM will make him look like a preseason God. haha

Etling was the 11th QB taken in this year's draft.

Here is NFL.com's list of QBs drafted, year by year.

NFL.com Draft 2018 - NFL Draft History: Full Draft Year

Outside of whatever the hell is going on with their list from this year before Lauletta, you can see the likelihood of QBs taken later having success in the NFL. It's not so much about round drafted as it is about number of QBs taken overall. Just going to back Brady, here's the last spot where a truly quality QB (in some years, it's not even true quality) was drafted*:

7 (Brady)
2 (Brees: longtime journeyman A.J. Feeley went 9th)
5 (Garrard, though Josh McCown, taken 4th, has outlasted him, you judge the quality, as they are the 2 best from 2002)
2 (Leftwich, though, again, you judge the quality there. Palmer went #1)
3 (Roethlisberger, with Schaub going 5th and Luke McCown going 6th)
2 (Rodgers, with Orton going 7th, Cassel going 12th and Fitzpatrick 13th)
3 (Cutler was the best of the sad bunch)
5 (Drew Stanton at #5 was the best of this bunch)
2 (Joe Flacco, after Ryan went 1st. After them, Henne is the best of the bunch, and was taken 4th)
1 (Stafford is the only QB really worth mentioning, though some may try slipping Sanchez, taken 2nd, into the mix)
1 (Bradford)
11 (Tyrod Taylor, if you rate him as true quality. Newton at #1 is the only high end starter, with Dalton going 5th)
8 (Cousins, in a draft that had Luck/Pre-injury RGIII/Tannehill/Wilson/Foles ahead of him)
3 (Manuel was #1,Geno Smith was #2, and Glennon was #3 in an absolute dog of a draft)
5 (Jag, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Those who don't want to do that can go with Carr at #4)
2 (Mariota, with Semian at #7 having been a starter for the Broncos for a bit, for those who want to argue him)
8 (Prescott, and #2 Wentz for those who don't buy into Prescott)
3 (Watson, though this is obviously just based on small sample sizes)

*Any miscounts or omissions were unintended

So Etling's inspirational targets ("successful" predecessors taken at #11 or later) are Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor.

I never thought warren moon was a crappy name unlike Bret FAVRE which is pronounced FARVE. But then again crappy is in the eye of the beholder.

Conversely, the best name in this draft has got to be Equanimeous St. Brown, a wideout from ND.

How can you beat that?

Low risk, small investment, possible reward... truly the "Patriot Way".

IMO this is the key, accurate passer who is working with Tom House to refine his throwing motion. He also had to adjust to 4 different OC's in his college career...

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Danny Etling | NFL.com

He started all 13 games in 2017, completing 60 percent of his throws (165-of-275) for 2,463 yards and 16 touchdowns. Etling threw just two interceptions all season.

New England Patriots feel QB Danny Etling has 'good qualities and traits' to develop

He spent the winter and early spring training with 3DQB, a company that combines biomechanics training with motion analysis to help quarterbacks throw efficiently and accurately.

Tom Brady's throwing coach, Tom House, is one of several trainers for 3DQB.

What it is is belichick wants to beat the stuffing out of people in a few years with a 7th round qb. Then he will say : see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe