PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Etling Signs 4 Year Contract. (Merge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited for camp to see how this kid looks from the start of camp to end of preseason.

I think Danny Etling throws a decent Deep ball and he doesn't get alot of air under it like Mason Rudolph and especially Kyle Lauletta.

I hope he plays this pre season ... I am sure he will.
Pre season games mostly suck so it will be fun to watch him, Michel, Wynn ... even Dawson.

Down here in Georgia, through some Cajun neighbors I became friends with a big time LSU booster. Because of all the money he gives, he gets to attend practices and interact with the players and coaches. He was in Atlanta recently and because he knows I'm a Pats fan, he told me about the LSU pro day, which he somehow had access to. For a good part of it, he and some of his friends sipped brown liquor and told bad Danny Etling jokes:

Who kidnapped Danny and substituted a real quarterback? What's Danny been putting in his milkshakes? Where was this guy for the last 2 years?

Even to their inexpert, inebriated eyes, Etling looked way better than they had ever seen him. He was way more accurate and threw the ball with a lot more zip and with touch.

Take it for what it's worth. He's still a 7th round draft pick with the longest of odds. But evidently Tom House really had a huge affect on his mechanics.

This is a complete overreaction to the 219th pick of the NFL draft. This is what the Pats and every other team in the NFL do in round 7 -- they throw a lot of darts at longshots and hope that maybe 1 out of 3 of them will pan out.

I really don't get it -- why all the hate for a 7th round draft pick? Let's put this in perspective, he's a SEVENTH round draft pick.

BB has used higher picks on special teams only players who sometimes don't even stick to the roster. If we get lucky Etling might turn into a Matt Cassell clone. And that could be of some value for the roster going forward.

Everyone seems convinced that Etling "sucks" but the truth is nobody knows what he is until he gets onto an nfl roster, learns the playbook, and competes in a professional training camp for a job.

Just like with the Sixers, you've gotta trust the 'process'. He might not make the 53 or he might, let him compete, let the coaches evaluate, and let the chips fall where they may. Take a deep breath and then a chill pill. In other words relax your tits, dudes!

this

This is a complete overreaction to the 219th pick of the NFL draft. This is what the Pats and every other team in the NFL do in round 7 -- they throw a lot of darts at longshots and hope that maybe 1 out of 3 of them will pan out.

lol why bill? He sucks. Anyone who watches sec college football knows what I’m talking about.
I disagree, He always made the right throws against A&M at least. He does have an unusual release though, and he needs work on his foot work. Hopefully Brady will teach him since he has very little to lose now.

not at the cost that it would have taken
The point was that he has a lower completion percentage in a weaker conference than Etling.

I see he’s from Tera haute. Got me thinking about trash can man in the stand book.

“They’re gonna put you in the nut house up in Tera haute trash, put you in the nuthouse and give you a thousand shock treatments”

Got me thinking of a trash talking Celtic who backed it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye