PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Etling Signs 4 Year Contract. (Merge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure he doesn’t consult us fans when he makes a pick. But why would you pass on Lamar Jackson and mason Rudolph and Luke Falk and wait until the 7th round to draft Danny Etling? He only completed 60% of his passes. The only thing I could think of is he is confident TB12 will stay another 3 years and wanted a young qb to back him up who isn’t 32 years old.

It is simple...if you draft a guy high at this age he has to be the heir apparent. If you don't think that guy is there, then you get a guy you can hope develops, and even if he doesn't, he does a job as a back up.

I suspect it will be next year that he pinpoints who he wants to take over....

Apparently my dark horse, Riley Ferguson, definitely didn't make BB's radar lol.

I'm a fan of him at this range.

I think Etling needs to work on his accuracy but he has some pop in his arm.

It’s going to be interesting to see how brady plays this year. When Brett Favre was 41. He rapidly declined during the 2010 season after having that great season at 40. I remember he was playing Chicago at Minnesota stadium in the snow and his shoulder was so banged up that it became blue and he was not himself. Same thing happened to Peyton manning in 2015. His throws were wobbly and he was not Peyton manning as we know it but probably because he needed all of those surgeries. I know brady works very hard at preserving his body and his arm. Last year I saw little to no difference from 10 years ago which is remarkable at 40. as a result bill believes he can still play at a high level at least in the short term.

57% of his passes? Lol that’s terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes