PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler to Retire and work with Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came for the smoking memes. Didn't have to wait long.

He may be good. Who knows. Of course he can read a defense and know the right throw to make. All QBs who lasted that long in the NFL can. He just was miserable at it in real time at field level. Maybe he'll be insightful.

Regards,
Chris

I don't know, I totally agree with a lot of the things that have been written already, yet I think he could be sneaky good in the booth.

If he brings the same "I don't give a ****" attitude to broadcasting, calling people out when necessary, it could be fun.

One of the things I hate about Simms and Collinsworth is that they're almost never negative, as they don't want to face the players afterwards. John Gruden hasn't met a QB he doesn't love yet. Not even sure Aikman is awake half the time.

And say what you want about him as a QB. The guy made over $100M in his career. Does he really need to sign up for another year to play with a ****ty team like the Jets for another $5-$10M? What's the point? So he pulls an audible, totally wings his audition like so many other plays, and somehow gets a job.

Smokin' Jay Cutler may call it like he sees it, he won't be shy about letting it fly down the field, and it might make him the most entertaining guy in broadcasting potentially. Plus imagine if he gets frustrated with the producers and just throws his earpiece out and starts getting into a yelling match during a commercial break.

There's just so much entertainment potential here that I really think people need to re-assess his new career. I am more excited for his broadcast debut than Tony Romo's.

Oh I thought he started last year.

Only a matter of time until somebody over there tells him "You got a real purty mouth..."

As bad as it was to see Cutler play football, it might be worse to listen to him talk about it. He doesn't seem to be a good fit.

This was my first thought as well... Cutler well.. if his looks are any indication of what spews out of his mouth I am sure it will be painful to watch. Not quite Dennis Miller painful but ya never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes