PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Patriots success during brady suspension is deliciously ironic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I forget what his actual answer was but we were both sitting there at the bar. He was waiting for his wife and I for a customer. He was courteous and a good dude.

I remember when Belichick started busting Curran's balls for wearing golf shoes at a press conference. It struck me then that Belichick, who hates the media with a vengeance, must like this guy

I remember when Belichick started busting Curran's balls for wearing golf shoes at a press conference. It struck me then that Belichick, who hates the media with a vengeance, must like this guy

I will believe till my dying day that is was BB who a) fed Curran the history about Mike Kensil which he wrote a lengthy piece on and b) during the "Mona Lisa Vito" presser he gave TomE a list of poinent questions to ask him.

I have a craptacular day scheduled for me by others, so this was a very nice read this morning. Thanks to the OP for putting it out there. It'll offset a lot of what I have to deal with today.

I am looking forward to the dogfight with the Bills, and seeing New England walk away from the game at 4-0. Heck, I have so much latent hostility towards the NFL's front office that I would absolutely love to see the Patriots finish the deal with a perfect season and a 5th Lombardi.

Between the league's handling of this issue, and the refusal to punish those who refuse to stand for the national Anthem, I've sworn off watching any other games except New England's, and I am not buying a single NFL authorized item until they change their minds. I'll but knock off's just to screw the NFL out of a few extra dollars.

But again, thanks for the link. It's gonna make this day a whole lot better than I expected. :cool:

Between the league's handling of this issue, and the refusal to punish those who refuse to stand for the national Anthem, I've sworn off watching any other games except New England's, and I am not buying a single NFL authorized item until they change their minds. I'll but knock off's just to screw the NFL out of a few extra dollars.

I'm a vet and I fought for years to protect their right to be disrespectful and a bunch of jackasses. If the NFL says they don't have to stand, then they don't have to stand. You're also free to think they're pieces of garbage, as well.

Thank you for posting this, SVN.

Observe, if you will;
To our left: Patriotocusus Fourandzerocus
To our right; Patheticus commissionerum soontobegonecus

Now, who will be the predominate species in the end?

Attachments

• wile_e__coyote_and_road_runner_by_fabulousespg-d39luwo.jpg
    wile_e__coyote_and_road_runner_by_fabulousespg-d39luwo.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5
I'm a vet and I fought for years to protect their right to be disrespectful and a bunch of jackasses. If the NFL says they don't have to stand, then they don't have to stand. You're also free to think they're pieces of garbage, as well.

I am also a veteran and would place myself between the idiots and the mob to protect their right to be a sanctimonious, clueless jackwagon. And yeah, that doesn't shield them from the rightful disdain and derision which comes their way.

However, it seems to me that whenever they put on that football uniform, that they are representing both their team, AND the NFL. Like any other employee, they lose certain protections when they are at work. Right now, the NFL has taken a noticeable hit to their brand and is losing a chunk of TV viewership, which will result in lower ad revenues from sponsors. Why? Because rather than discipline the offending players, they went all wishy-washy and refused to take a stand in favor of respecting the flag and the national anthem. The teams and the NFL should fine and/or suspend players for such disrespect. The players(and others) don't have to like it, but they should understand that as players,their are certain standards that they must either adhere to, or take the consequences for disregarding.

All companies have rules about dress, conduct in the workplace, and even offsite conduct. The NFL already has those, and needs to come down on these folks, because what they are doing is turning away folks from the brand name and causing market loss and thus revenue loss.

YMMV, or course, but that's the view of this disabled veteran.

My daughter's high school orchestra played "Barber of Seville" two years ago and I swear I couldn't get the Bug's Bunny cartoon out of my head the whole time.

My daughter's high school orchestra played "Barber of Seville" two years ago and I swear I couldn't get the Bug's Bunny cartoon out of my head the whole time.

My father in law is big into opera tenors, etc. This is what goes though my head.

Yup, the best way to piss of Herr Goodell is to keep winning!

Next up on the de-pantsing tour, Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe