PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Brady has "got a lot of peers this year"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"game manager". But watch out, because that's a trigger word to lots of people here.
Yes, game manager, thank you. That sets a lot of people off, well thats what he was his first year or two, he wasn't the great qb he eventually became putting gaudy stats. I'm guessing that those posters that get set off were probably little kids during bradys first couple of seasons and don't remember or weren't aware that he was a game manager. I wouldn't doubt that there are posters on here that were born After the first super bowl he won.

Last edited:
I believe you are looking for the word, 'caretaker'. :D

The problem I have is Tom is not making good decisions.

The brain fart vs MIA and the Haden INT were Bledsoe-esque.
Quantum came up with the phrase i was looking for 'game manager' To your point if the defense was holding the other team to around 17 points on average it would take the pressure off brady.

Sure he could do it, he needs to be surrounded with a better cast and a much better defense. Remember when he started out he wasn'tasked to do much,except take care of the ball and not make any mistakes (theres a word that describes this, but i'm old and it just slipped my mind) and the team relied on the defense to win.

Manning was along for the ride with the Broncos in 2015 and he got a ring. I think the window to build the Pats defense in time to give an aging Brady the same luxury has closed unfortunately.

"game manager". But watch out, because that's a trigger word to lots of people here.

He had the reins on him for sure. When the reins started to come off a bit in 02 and Brady was sailing passes to the cheerleaders it was obvious why they were on him in the first place.

Manning was along for the ride with the Broncos in 2015 and he got a ring. I think the window to build the Pats defense in time to give an aging Brady the same luxury has closed unfortunately.
They need a lot.

I think they are set at CB.
I'm not sure DMC and Chung can deliver at a high level in 2019
2 solid LBs
2 solid DTs
1-2 pass rushers

That'll do :p

Manning had lost it long before he played for the broncos both physically and mentally.

Agree. King's ransom...no. I do think a team that is the proverbial "one player away" with a ****ty Qb situation would give up a 3rd or maybe a conditional 2nd for Tom. Hes still very good and a very reasonable contract for a starting QB.

I don't think Bill cares what will/will not go over well.

True. That’s what I meant by “getting anything”- anything that would make us fans content with a deal.

I disagree. Look back over some of our wins early in the year and we were having success running the ball and using play action off the run. We had a good drive running in the 1st half yesterday (stalled because of a hold) and then abandoned the run until close to the 4th. Running the ball also limits the pass rush.

At 41 let’s take some of the pressure off Brady and use the RB we spent a 1st rounder on. Michel ran well yesterday but only had 13 carries.

Disagree with what? That prime Brady would not be feasting with these offensive players?

I look forward to seeing Michel in 2019 with a full season under his belt. I expect a huge step forward. Honestly should not have the load of our feature back yet but is out of necessity.

True. That’s what I meant by “getting anything”- anything that would make us fans content with a deal.
Tom is an icon. If he were to be traded for a 3rd rounder it would be the equivalent of watching Tom Landry empty out his desk. Awful.

It would be just like this board was when Bill traded Jimmy. 1/2 were ok with it. The other 1/2 freaked out.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
On a more positive note, if some of Brady's problems are due to his body not being able to cash all the checks but his brain not being used to that yet, he may well have a better year next year assuming he retrains his brain to deal with his body as it is rather than as it was.

What do you want them to do?
Emotional displays dont win football games.

Where did I say that emotional displays would win games ? I am just saying that CPs short outburst after almost converting stood out to me because of its contrast.

Can someone explain why coaching and coaches decisions are not being criticized more

Poor personal decisions or bad game planning has been the worst I have seen from a Patriots coaching staff in a long time!

NO replacement for DA. No back up TE. Can someone tell me why White is not being used anymore?

Can't believe people still lust after Amendola. Instead of who exactly would he play ? Gordon ? Edelman ? White ?

White had his snapcount reduced when Burkhead came back. That and Michel being available means there is no need to pull him through a heavy workload. He still played 40% of snaps with Burkhead taking off some of the load on 26% of the others. Could they have used more two back sets ? Yeah but am sure there is a reason beyond "they didn't think of that" why it was not done.

There was an article (maybe onn this site) that went into the decline of QB's it used Favre and possibly Payaton manning. The crux of the piece was that the decline of qbs isn't physical at first, its cognitive, its a decline in the ability to make quick decsions. As Farve got older it took longer to decide who to throw to and hesitating, just a fraction of a second could throw a timing play off, that could explain some of his throws that are slightly off. Another factor could be that TB well aware that at his age taking a big hit could end his career, therefore rushes his throws.
But I thought Brady trained his brain so that he'd never have football related cognitive decline? I thought Guerrero made Brady infallible? Or at least that's what Avocado Ice Cream boy led us all to believe in his I'll time Zuckerberg drama....

They need a lot.

I think they are set at CB.
I'm not sure DMC and Chung can deliver at a high level in 2019
2 solid LBs
2 solid DTs
1-2 pass rushers

That'll do :p
I think the safeties they have are plenty good enough to play out the remainder of Brady's career (basically the next 1-2 years). I'd say they need one good DT, one good LB, and 2 good pass rushers (Flowers hopefully being one of they resign him).

I think the biggest issue with Brady is mental. People forget he wasnt great against Atlanta until the second half. I think hes out there trying to save the world due to having a mediocre roster which has caused him to force things that are not there.

I think the safeties they have are plenty good enough to play out the remainder of Brady's career (basically the next 1-2 years). I'd say they need one good DT, one good LB, and 2 good pass rushers (Flowers hopefully being one of they resign him).
The safeties are on the wrong side of 30. Good now but I'm not as optimistic as you are.

I think the biggest issue with Brady is mental. People forget he wasnt great against Atlanta until the second half. I think hes out there trying to save the world due to having a mediocre roster which has caused him to force things that are not there.

The NEP do not have a mediocre roster on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back