PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Brady Decline Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every playoff fan base is jacked up for their Super Bowl chances, except ours. We could really use a pedestrian QB
Of course, it’s because we have been there already many times. We are past anticipating wins now, we just fear the losses.

Cooks and amendola gone. Edelman percolating back to normal. Gronk battling through his ailments. Playing therapist with a drug addict. Here we are in the final 8 with rest and a home game. I really don't mean to be a Brady fanboy but no one talks about Brees and his age. What did we all expect? Dorsett Edelman Gronk Hogan White Burk Patterson Sony #12 4th ranked oline best secondary in football motivated free agent D linemen A+ special teams full health. Folks I know you all get it but come on. I couldn't care less about not reaching his incentives, its about getting to this situation and getting the job done. I feel gooooooood. I have a strange feeling media will be talking up our D in a few weeks and job Belicheck has done. Shhhhhhhh let's keep being that team with the shoe about to drop

In other words... LET'S GOOOOO!!!

Every playoff fan base is jacked up for their Super Bowl chances, except ours. We could really use a pedestrian QB

I think the reason we all haven't reached your level yet is twofold. It's our week off and we've been there done that for many years now. Once our first game comes we'll be ready, just like our team.

You don't get to talk about ignoring facts when you're choosing to ignore the fact of the offensive personnel issues in your hurry to downgrade the numbers. If you're going to complain about context, stop ignoring the context.

Another way to do this that actually builds the quality of conversation around here:

"That's a useful bit of context. Another piece of the context is that Brady hasn't had the personnel to work with that many of the better offensive teams have had. Imagine what he'd do with Brees' skill players, for example. We might not be having this conversation."

1. The OL was a mess for a major portion of the schedule. Even when whole they've had some very spotty moments.
  2. You didn't have JE11 for the first 4 games.
  3. Gordon didn't have training camp and then left the team. He was only an option for half the schedule.
  4. Because of the #3 you only replaced Cooks for half the schedule.
  5. Gronk is a diminished version of himself.
Even with all his weapons and terrific OL go watch the Dallas game and see how good Drew Brees was when he didn't have time or open receivers for the first time all year. Watch his awful interception to seal that game. Brady as usual has done so much more with less. You give Brees this offense they're the #4 seed. Rodgers has this offense in GB this year and he's out of the playoffs.

But what sells papers and clicks is Brady is declining.

If you don't mind let me add one (a big one IMHO);

6. Didn't replace any of the production of Danny Amendola.

Yep it's a joke. I find the lack of confidence in BB and TB to be disturbing.
With BB and Brady:
NE lost to 5 non playoff teams
NE got beat up by 4 of those teams
NE lost 5 of 8 on the road
NE lost their stud WR
NE's favorite red zone target has vanished
NE's front 7 can be exploited
NE won't be playing the JESTs or the Jills
etc
etc
etc

Our battle tested Generals have our faith and confidence....the problem is the rest of the team. If BB and Brady can pull this one off, I suspect somewhere in the bowels of Gillette, BB will be heard once again (Feb. 2002) whispering to a confidante ..."I can't believe we won with this team"

That being said, the biggest thing NE has going for them is the fact that the other AFC playoff teams are so utterly flawed in one or more areas. Can't defend, can't pass, inexperience, shrinkage.

If their ever was a year to advance to the SB with such a flawed roster, this is it.

Ya I meant to put that in but was running out the door. Thanks for the assist.

Physically he's declined and he doesn't have the same zip on his throws but he's still a damn good quarterback and that's saying something for his age.

If you can't tell the difference between tom brady in this video and the tom brady now then i don't know what to tell ya.

Even reporters covering Brady who have taken the "Brady down" position state that there have been little, if any, physical decline.

Another way to do this that actually builds the quality of conversation around here:

"That's a useful bit of context. Another piece of the context is that Brady hasn't had the personnel to work with that many of the better offensive teams have had. Imagine what he'd do with Brees' skill players, for example. We might not be having this conversation."

It was not a useful bit of context, so why would I lie by claiming it was?

It was nothing but cherry picked data without context of its own, in a post complaining about a lack of context from others, and it added nothing of value.

The Pats offense was not as dynamic as in the past and Brady did not have one of his better statistical years despite this being the easiest time ever to have good stats as a QB. But with the reduction in weapons , greater focus on the running game and what appeared to be a gimpy knee for several weeks I am inclined to think that Brady just had a slightly worse year than a decline. I never bought he had declined in 2013/early 2014 and I do not buy it now.

Well, the big replacement would be someone like Amendola he worked with for years. Now it's Edelman and Gronk only. Gronk has looked rough, but he seemed to be moving better and not showing pain when he talks [back nerve pain]. Hogan didn't step up when he got more coverage and it seems Brady can throw it more to Dorsett so, if Gronk feels good again and they develop plays for non-Edelmans the could win three games. RBS lookgood.

As for Brady,he looks fine to me and his production with less reliable receivers has been fine, stats show it too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back