PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Bills coming due for Patriots dynasty after this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not going to dig around a bunch of old podcasts from training camp of 2017 just to prove a point on an internet messageboard, DaBruinz. That would take hours, not to mention the fact that it would be insane.

You can choose to believe me or not, that’s up to you. I can assure you that it was discussed by at least a couple of the beat writers, and there have been posters here who have discussed it, too. Again, it was just a speculative rumor that Brissett was in danger of being cut. I can’t say for certain that it was 100% accurate, but there was some belief that he wasn’t developing into the type of passer that they had hoped, as well as the idea that having Brady and Garappolo were sufficient enough to save the roster spot used on a QB3.

Yet you've called out people for not providing links and then hammered them when they've given similar excuses.

Guess that the next time you ask for a link we can tell you what you can do with your request.

When I first saw the graphic above before I noticed the caption, I figured the photo itself was the content and was posted for our ridicule; after I saw the caption, I then realized that those twits at SI were serious...but as I don't give a damn what Berp Breer has to say about that subject, I shall not give them the satisfaction of my click.

Yet you've called out people for not providing links and then hammered them when they've given similar excuses.

Guess that the next time you ask for a link we can tell you what you can do with your request.
You’ve obviously confused me with a different person. This forum is a place of relaxation, joking around, and keeping things light for me. I don’t “call people out,” or “hammer them” for anything. I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Just to follow up on your request, both Deus and luuked provided the links and info for you.

I think the draft is very important. It gives teams a supply of players for 4 years
at relatively cheap salaries. Draft picks and UDFAs give teams inexpensive salaries
to help offset expensive salaries for star players.

It is, but if it was as important as some think, the Cleveland Browns [or name a team who earns tons of high picks each year] should have won at least 5 Super Bowls in the Belichick era.

Somewhat offsetting great predicted ability, is the fact that every other player in the league has showed somewhat that they can play in the NFL. It is no longer a shock to see a top five pick totally wash out, though they certainly will hang around a few years as teams try to justify the pick.

It's one way to stock the team. Surely more likely to find stars, but then you have to pay them like stars when their contracts are up.

When I first saw the graphic above before I noticed the caption, I figured the photo itself was the content and was posted for our ridicule; after I saw the caption, I then realized that those twits at SI were serious...but as I don't give a damn what Berp Breer has to say about that subject, I shall not give them the satisfaction of my click.
I'm listening to it now and there's nothing groundbreaking 3 minutes in. I do find it ironic how all these beat writers from the Globe and Herald were able to break away and get big time jobs in media, yet hate the Pats. Michael Smith was the first I noticed that really doesn't like the Pats. Breer doesn't seem to like them either as he was really pouring it on during the "Deflate Gate". The only exceptions are Field Yates and Mike Reiss which I like both. Who else am I forgetting? Oh yeah, and this video just ended. It was pointless.

I'm listening to it now and there's nothing groundbreaking 3 minutes in. I do find it ironic how all these beat writers from the Globe and Herald were able to break away and get big time jobs in media, yet hate the Pats. Michael Smith was the first I noticed that really doesn't like the Pats. Breer doesn't seem to like them either as he was really pouring it on during the "Deflate Gate". The only exceptions are Field Yates and Mike Reiss which I like both. Who else am I forgetting? Oh yeah, and this video just ended. It was pointless.
Yates, Reiss & Mike Rodak (who now covers the Barfalo Billiards for the 4-letter network) are the only ones off the top of my head who have gone national without selling their souls to the Bristol Agenda.

Yates, Reiss & Mike Rodak (who now covers the Barfalo Billiards for the 4-letter network) are the only ones off the top of my head who have gone national without selling their souls to the Bristol Agenda.
I don't think Tedy has but he was not "the meda"

I don't think Tedy has but he was not "the media"
Yep, he & Willie Mac are the only ex-players on ESPN & NFLN respectively who are worth my time, but as far as non-ex-players are concerned the three previously mentioned are the only ones to come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back