PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys have to be the worst coached team of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
reference was for this year only.
Sure. But have you ever seen a HC quit on his team mid-game? That’s Gase. I’m glad they’re keeping him. He fits right into their legacy.

No way I would pay Dak the money he wants. Go get a veteran on the market at a discount and use the extra money. They can draft a QB if they need to. Dak can’t even get them to the playoffs

Anyone but me notice how everything these days is “of all time”..?

No way I would pay Dak the money he wants. Go get a veteran on the market at a discount and use the extra money. They can draft a QB if they need to. Dak can’t even get them to the playoffs
They’ll tag him and use another year to evaluate him in 2020 if they have any sense. So expect a record setting 35+m dollar deal any moment now.

Sorta like when an 8 year old tells you they have been dreaming about something their whole life?

Charlie Weis, in between his loud wheezing and heavy breathing, came down on the notion that Jones is to blame for their state today. Why that fat slob is on NFL Radio is beyond me. He’s absolutely terrible radio material.

Which coach had the 7 drops?

I remember once years ago Jerry said he was capable of coaching the team.
Yes, I think he was one of the 50 that could coach the Cowboys. What a moron!

I don't know. I haven't seen how every team has been coached in history. I'd guess, just by the odds, that they are not.

In an alternate universe where Belichick and staff are cloned, the Cowboys might be playing the Browns in the Super Bowl this year.

There's an alternate universe where Belichick and the Browns are 10x SB champs, the St. Louis Patriots are perpetual losers, and the Baltimore Ravens do not exist.

The length of Jason Garrett's tenure is a testament to the size of Jerry Jones' ego

The amount of talent run through Dallas during the Garrett years is amazing!

and remarkable that they have done squat in the playoffs with all that talent!

The length of Jason Garrett's tenure is a testament to the size of Jerry Jones' ego

It's also a testament to Garrett's ability to handle, and work with, Jerry Jones' sizable ego.

After the Weeb:
Charley Winner(hah!) - 9-14
Ken Shipp - 1-4
Lou Holts 3-10
Mike Holovak - 0-1
Walt Michaels - 39-47
Joe Walton - 53-57
Bruce Coslet - 26-38
Pete Carroll - 6-10
Rich Kotite - 4-28
Bill Parcells - 29-19 (He was never the same)
Al Groh - 9-7
Herman Edwards - 39-41
Eric Mangini - 23-25
Rex Ryan - 46-50
Todd Bowles - 24-40
Adam Gase - 6-9 (and plenty more of that to come)

I hate Mangini for obvious reasons, but the Jets were so, so stupid to let him go. He inherited a 4-12 team and immediately went 10-6 with Pennington. They went 4-12 in 2007, the Crygate year, as Pennington’s shoulder fell off again, and then they signed Favre. That team was 8-3 before the drama and Favre’s injury ruined it and they crashed. So 23-25 over three years, overseeing a clown show with dik picks, Pennington’s up and down shoulder, etc.

In three drafts he got D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Eric Smith, Brad Smith (the pesky WR/returner), Leon Washington, Darrelle Revis, David Harris, and Dustin Keller. He whiffed on Gholston, but that is one mighty impressive draft record.

Rex Ryan inherited a great nucleus of young players and just brought on some high paid sizzle big names to take credit for building the team. In actuality it was Mangini, and he probably had better vision/expected future results of any HC there in the last 40 years. In an alternate reality, Mangini stays at the helm and isn’t dumb enough to draft Sanchez. That Jet team had arguably the best young nucleus in the NFL.

It's also a testament to Garrett's ability to handle, and work with, Jerry Jones' sizable ego.
And this would likely be the reason why guys like JMcD and other high profile coaches give pause to the idea of going there, despite the competitive salary and thought of heading “America’s Team.”

So fcking annoying. I don’t know if society ever actually existed where people were well educated and could articulate opinions with persuasive reasoning. “Of all-time” is just a lazy as fck phrase used to add exclamation points to a very poorly explained opinion. Maybe they’ll just add a new meaning to the dictionary like they did with “literally” when so many morons used the word to mean its exact opposite meaning that they just gave in. “Of all time” can soon join as a phrase that does not mean “all-time” but just adds a emphasis because someone is too lazy to support their lazy opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back