PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowboys have to be the worst coached team of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but he’s never gonna give up power.
Nope. Cowgirls fans say Stephen Jones has a backbone and is smart but the problem is he is incredibly loyal to his father and even if Jerry removes himself from the day to day will still honor his fathers wishes as it relates to football ops.

So another 30 years of DAL ineptitude.

It's all on Jerry. Draft. Cap. Type of culture. Type of coach. Everything.

Only way DAL gets better is if Jerry goes away.

Agree 100%. He believes he is the smartest person in the room - always. I think they only person he would listen to is BB. I could see him actually offering BB 100+ million to coach his team.

Gase has gotten more out of the jets than Garrett has gotten out of the cowboys
They're arguably equally bad, but I'd put Garrett slightly above Googly Gaze. Only slightly. Multiple Jete losses this season owe directly to Gaze.

Last edited:
Hell Jerry threw a screwdriver in the planes engine so he would leave Garrett at the terminal

Gase has gotten more out of the jets than Garrett has gotten out of the cowboys
After the Weeb:
Charley Winner(hah!) - 9-14
Ken Shipp - 1-4
Lou Holts 3-10
Mike Holovak - 0-1
Walt Michaels - 39-47
Joe Walton - 53-57
Bruce Coslet - 26-38
Pete Carroll - 6-10
Rich Kotite - 4-28
Bill Parcells - 29-19 (He was never the same)
Al Groh - 9-7
Herman Edwards - 39-41
Eric Mangini - 23-25
Rex Ryan - 46-50
Todd Bowles - 24-40
Adam Gase - 6-9 (and plenty more of that to come)

It's all on Jerry. Draft. Cap. Type of culture. Type of coach. Everything.

Only way DAL gets better is if Jerry goes away.
I remember once years ago Jerry said he was capable of coaching the team.

I remember once years ago Jerry said he was capable of coaching the team.
I remember as a 10 year old in 1981 I was as good at basketball as Larry Bird.

Same thing.

Agree 100%. He believes he is the smartest person in the room - always. I think they only person he would listen to is BB. I could see him actually offering BB 100+ million to coach his team.
Talk about two polar opposites....

Jerry would never do it. If they were to win a SB it would be because of BB, not Jerry.

Garrett is no doubt a bad coach, but I also see a QB who may be drastically overrated and not worth the money.

They're arguably equally bad, but I'd put Garrett slightly above Googly Gaze. Only slightly.

cowpokes are loaded with talent... they going to finish 8-8, at best ... they should have walked away with that division

jets are an amalgam of suck ... that they won anything is amazing, let alone a half dozen games ...

its not even close how much better the jests have been compared to the cowboys

reference was for this year only.

After the Weeb:
Charley Winner(hah!) - 9-14
Ken Shipp - 1-4
Lou Holts 3-10
Mike Holovak - 0-1
Walt Michaels - 39-47
Joe Walton - 53-57
Bruce Coslet - 26-38
Pete Carroll - 6-10
Rich Kotite - 4-28
Bill Parcells - 29-19 (He was never the same)
Al Groh - 9-7
Herman Edwards - 39-41
Eric Mangini - 23-25
Rex Ryan - 46-50
Todd Bowles - 24-40
Adam Gase - 6-9 (and plenty more of that to come)

giphy.gif

He'll be clapping even as he walks out of Jerry's office right after he's been fired.

Nope. Cowgirls fans say Stephen Jones has a backbone and is smart but the problem is he is incredibly loyal to his father and even if Jerry removes himself from the day to day will still honor his fathers wishes as it relates to football ops.

So another 30 years of DAL ineptitude.

Jerruh isn't going to live that long. But who knows.. he is looking more and more like a reptile. These things live forever.

cowpokes are loaded with talent... they going to finish 8-8, at best ... they should have walked away with that division

jets are an amalgam of suck ... that they won anything is amazing, let alone a half dozen games ...

its not even close how much better the jests have been compared to the cowboys
Preparation for games and actual coaching decisions during games are equal aspects of coaching. Agreed that Dallas has a more talented roster that would've benefited from better coaching, but the Jete lost games they should've won directly because of Gaze's game-day brain farts. The 2019 Jete are the only team in NFL history beaten by two winless teams after the season's halfway point (Miami and Cincy). The Jete are not bereft of talent and Gaze has screwed the team as much as helped it. I know you're talking this season only, but to date Gaze's coaching record is .460, Garrett is .556. I'd give it to Garrett by a nose.

Talk about two polar opposites....

Jerry would never do it. If they were to win a SB it would be because of BB, not Jerry.

Yeah, but he wants to win and he has said that BB is the the greatest head coach ever. I think he would do it and if I was BB, I would take the deal. But I would also bet it would only last about has long as his Jets head coaching career!

Yeah, but he wants to win and he has said that BB is the the greatest head coach ever. I think he would do it and if I was BB, I would take the deal. But I would also bet it would only last about has long as his Jets head coaching career!
Maybe. Those billionaires have big egos.

I remember as a 10 year old in 1981 I was as good at basketball as Larry Bird.

Same thing.
Jerry played college football at Arkansas where Jimmy Johnson was a teammate, so I think his wayward notion drew from that as well as being GM/owner.

Jerry played college football at Arkansas where Jimmy Johnson was a teammate, so I think his wayward notion drew from that as well as being GM/owner.
Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back