PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
****....I think more of us have it than I thought...I am guessing 20-25% infected in the country (about 90 million)......
What an absurd estimate. Care to provide any credible evidence other than CNN and MSNBC hysteria to back this claim?

According to Worldometer, there have been 6,522 cases in the US as I type this. US population is around 330 million. I realize cases will increase, but that’s presently 1 case in every 50,597 people in the US...and you’re suggesting it’s presently more like a 1 in 5? Dude....

Last edited:
What an absurd estimate. Care to provide any credible evidence other than CNN and MSNBC hysteria to back this claim?

According to Worldometer, there have been 6,522 cases in the US as I type this. US population is around 330 million. I realize cases will increase, but that’s presently 1 case in every 50,597 people in the US...and you’re suggesting it’s presently more like a 1 in 5? Dude....
I've seen some of the experts say to times the amount infected by 100 to get a more realistic number but that's far below 90 million.

Oh, I am just pulling numbers outta my hysterical arse. I hope I am completely wrong...my issue is with the lack of testing available. There are accounts of hospitals turning away people with minor aliments...personally, I wouldn't even go to the ER without at least a 100+ fever and consistent dry coughs/lack of lung strength. Donovan Mitchell says he feels fine...no big deal...but someone like DM walking around Salt Lake City would easily infect 5 more people and create a vector. Ultimately, 90M infections = a max death rate of approximately 2M. I have seen articles backing up stats that critically infected people could outnumber available ICU beds in the U.S. by a ratio of 8 to 1 if all social distancing was averaging 75%.....

My original estimate was 100K infected and 2K dead.

4229350c42204f4d.jpg

Kushner is a scumbag just like his dad. I’ve always disliked him. How he pulled Ivanka is beyond me.
He’s got the magic stick.

Kushner is a scumbag just like his dad. I’ve always disliked him. How he pulled Ivanka is beyond me.

He doesn't come across as the brightest guy in the world. His family was literally critical of Ivanka because she wasn't Jewish and forced her to convert.

He's pure evil. He's a sociopath just like trump- birds of a feather. There's a documentary on Netflix about him and his reputation as a despicable slumlord. He loves buying rent controlled buildings which are cheap, forcing those rent stabilized (i.e., low income) tenants to move out- then flipping the buildings into condominiums.

You can't just break leases of rent-stabilized tenants, so his favorite strategy is to just have construction going 24/7. And if that's not the worst, he loves going after former tenants, suing them for anything imaginable- missed rent, fees, etc.

And if you successfully resist any and all attempts by him to drive you out, you will still end up paying higher rent, in the forms of fines and fees- and if you miss your rent payment by one day, God help you.

This MIT article has us doing two months of extreme social distancing, followed by one month of somewhat normal life, then the virus coming back, leading to two more months of extreme social distancing, in a perpetual cycle until a vaccine is put in play. So that schedule has us going through that cycle at least 4 times, more likely 6.

We’re not going back to normal

This will in fact destroy the bottom of the economy, right? And we can't just keep printing $1T every two months for another round of helicopter payments.

I've been focused on prepping the house for 2-4 weeks of social distancing. This is overwhelming at this point.

All of MIT Tech Review's corona articles are available for free: Coronavirus

That's the worst case scenario.

But you do understand that the 1:50,597 ratio is complete ********? It's much higher than that- and the only reason that ridiculous number is in play is because the number of tests available is atrociously low.

When testing becomes available somewhere on the scale of S. Korea, that's when the number of cases will skyrocket like nothing you've ever seen.

Please read this:

Last edited:
Problem is all leaders would say what he says. So you just believe the opposite. They say don’t worry..worry.
That isnt true. Many leaders took this seriously and told their populace the truth.

That's the worst case scenario.

But you do understand that the 1:50,597 ratio is complete ********? It's much higher than that- and the only reason that ridiculous number is in play is because the number of tests available is atrociously low.

When testing becomes available somewhere on the scale of S. Korea, that's when the number of cases will skyrocket like nothing you've ever seen.

Please read this:

Right now I find some relief in the actions states have taken and the ramping up of the testing. I expect the testing to rise exponentially over the next few weeks. So we're on the right track. Unfortunately we started testing extremely late and I fear the implications of that at the moment.

People everywhere seems to do not understand completely yet where we are...

As of Sunday, Idaho’s state website was still offering this advice about COVID-19: “At this time, we are suggesting you live your life as you would normally. Rely on your best judgment as you determine your own risk.”

Read this poll this morning from NPR. Pretty much agreed with the poll of Democrats not believing Trump as I do not trust his words. The Republicans belief is at 39%. Imagine that, his party only at 39%. I'm sure some people will dismiss this as fake news.
Poll: Americans Don't Trust What They're Hearing From Trump On Coronavirus

I think this just proves the obvious. Many on the Right voted for donny specifically because of SCOTUS or guns or [insert other single issue]...

They don't really trust/like him. Sadly it took a national/world emergency to show it, but it is what it is.

Though it's entirely possible, if not likely, this ends by Sept/Oct and folks will choose to still vote on a single issue or two, instead of voting for someone they would actually trust in an emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes