PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Tom Brady on #7!

I stayed up late last night watching all the takes on TV, reading various sports sites, and on this blog. I'm tired and dragging this morning. Meanwhile, Brady was doing post game press conferences, partying with teammates, and dealing with his whole extended family and has already been to Tampa's facilities doing interviews this morning. Ridiculous
Did you catch Nick Wright this morning?

uhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. No, we most certainly do not "all" know that. I know nothing of the sort.
Lol the guy realistically had 3-5 years left in his career which is about as long as it would take to rebuild. If you love something let it go

No one can figure out why I’m a bit depressed. I’m elated with the bucs winning, don’t get me wrong and I loved the game. It’s just that 3 Patriots basically won it. No matter where they go, I’ll always see Brady and gronk as Patriots. AB less so but he was also a patriot. Who scored most of the points? Former Patriots. That’s why I’m not liking the deal even though I wanted them to win and bet on them

That's a load of ****. Nobody in their right mind thinks the team was better off without Brady. We all know it was just time to move on. The guy was 42 years old and we're heading in to a rebuild. It would've been dumb for him to stay
This is satirical, right?

This is satirical, right?
No?

Brady on our team makes our team better. No other player at QB would be an improvement over him.

That being said, you have the other positions you need to improve at too. You can't just trade all your draft picks away for weapons (if you can even afford them) and talent doesn't just fall into your lap. It's going to take some time to build a contending team. Tom at 42 doesn't have that time. It's really not so hard to see that both parties made the correct decision

Apparently Mahomes ran 497 yards scrambling. Lmao

4th lowest QB rating in SB history. Baby goat my azz.

That said, the kid has heart.

Last edited:
Andy Reid said he wasn't expecting what happened, gave credit to Todd Bowles. Said he was shocked.

Didn't Bowles basically do what he did in 2nd half of Wk 12 game? Andy was shocked? WTF

Apparently Mahomes ran 497 yards scrambling. Lmao

4th lowest QB rating in SB history. Baby goat my azz.

That said, the kid has heart.
I read that Brady’s average time to release the ball was the lowest in any of his games in 5 years. I find that statistic more impressive and it really contrasts the two players. The scrambling is more impressive to watch, but the quick decision making is more effective.

Andy Reid said he wasn't expecting what happened, gave credit to Todd Bowles. Said he was shocked.

Didn't Bowles basically do what he did in 2nd half of Wk 12 game? Andy was shocked? WTF
In game adjustments are not Reid's strong suit and haven't been over the course of his career....

Lol the guy realistically had 3-5 years left in his career which is about as long as it would take to rebuild. If you love something let it go
That is the dumbest f-ing thing I have read in this forum in quite some time.

Man, the anti-Bradyites have just lost their minds here....

In game adjustments are not Reid's strong suit and haven't been over the course of his career....
But this wasn't in game. They simply weren't ready for what they should've known was coming. All they needed to do was watch GB and 2nd half of Wk 12 game.

This tells me Andy 80% relies on Mahomes making magic. That's a poorly way to game plan. Mahomes dropped back 49 times with zero protection, they only ran it 17 times.

Nice to see Bill was at the game, so that's nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-093031~2.png
    Screenshot_20210208-093031~2.png
    643.2 KB · Views: 15
But this wasn't in game. They simply weren't ready for what they should've known was coming. All they needed to do was watch GB and 2nd half of Wk 12 game.

This tells me Andy 80% relies on Mahomes making magic. That's a poorly way to game plan. Mahomes dropped back 49 times with zero protection, they only ran it 17 times.
You're right but many in game adjustments are based on planning. A more telling moment for Reid (in my mind) came about ten-twelve years ago versus Wash when he was still coaching the Eagles. They scored a TD and needed a two point conversion and had to call a time otu to decide what play to run. Are you telling me they didn't have a two point play ready or a few of them?? That's the difference between Reid and Belichick.... He hit the jackpot w MAhomes and Hill and it has carried him. He is a good coach alright but not in the upper echelon.....

That is the dumbest f-ing thing I have read in this forum in quite some time.

Man, the anti-Bradyites have just lost their minds here....

Then: The NFL is a cold, calculating business. Sorry, Tom, but Bill is right and the team shouldn’t pay you for past accomplishments while your body breaks down! Time to get younger, cheaper, leaner. The Patriot Way rules all. In Bill We Trust. Stidham time!

Now: If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it’s love. If it doesn’t, it never was.

Last edited:
You're right but many in game adjustments are based on planning. A more telling moment for Reid (in my mind) came about ten-twelve years ago versus Wash when he was still coaching the Eagles. They scored a TD and needed a two point conversion and had to call a time otu to decide what play to run. Are you telling me they didn't have a two point play ready or a few of them?? That's the difference between Reid and Belichick.... He hit the jackpot w MAhomes and Hill and it has carried him. He is a good coach alright but not in the upper echelon.....

In the 4th Q , Reid called an early time out. They were down to 2. Throughout the quarter it seemed odd the KC recievers never even attempted to run out of bounds to stop the clock. Such an easy reminder for the coach to relay to the players.
The Bucs secondary was incredible, Mahomes was scrambling for his life just due to the front 4 putting pressure on him, the Bucs rarely blitzed.
Then there was the Tom factor with a balanced attack of running and throwing ,plus Tom had time.

It was nice to hear Romo with his head shoved up Mahomes ass, praising him throughout the game until it was close to being over.
He took some lumps.

In the 4th Q , Reid called an early time out. They were down to 2.
That was a strange sequence. Mahomes was doing the 1-armed "raise the roof" motion in an attempt to get the refs to reset the play clock. However, as anyone within a mile or so of my house at the time heard me yell at the top of my lungs at the TV, there was no reason whatsoever to reset the play clock. The previous play was simply an incompletion. So I guess KC decided at that point, since it was now 4th down, the TO was worth the 5 yards.

It’s shocking they had almost no quick strike gameplan. Ran their wide receivers deep to take the safeties back, but the safeties were already back so it just gave them less options to throw to. No idea why you’re not flooding the middle with crossers. Also the Bucs corners were playing so far off the line they could have picked up 6-7 yards almost every play with a screen pass. Didn’t see designed bunches/screens either. No overloading one side with four receivers.

I’m shocked...I figured the Chiefs would counter with something that made them at least lightly effective even if playing left handed.

No?

Brady on our team makes our team better. No other player at QB would be an improvement over him.

That being said, you have the other positions you need to improve at too. You can't just trade all your draft picks away for weapons (if you can even afford them) and talent doesn't just fall into your lap. It's going to take some time to build a contending team. Tom at 42 doesn't have that time. It's really not so hard to see that both parties made the correct decision
Yeah those draft picks have done us a ton of good.

In the 4th Q , Reid called an early time out. They were down to 2. Throughout the quarter it seemed odd the KC recievers never even attempted to run out of bounds to stop the clock. Such an easy reminder for the coach to relay to the players.
The Bucs secondary was incredible, Mahomes was scrambling for his life just due to the front 4 putting pressure on him, the Bucs rarely blitzed.
Then there was the Tom factor with a balanced attack of running and throwing ,plus Tom had time.

It was nice to hear Romo with his head shoved up Mahomes ass, praising him throughout the game until it was close to being over.
He took some lumps.
Remember SB39 when the Eagles down 10 in 4th quarter, run a slow version of the hurry up taking 5 mniutes off the clock. IIRC the story is that BB called upstairs to ask " we're up 10 right?" because the Eagles were so nonchalant they were burning the clock for the Pats... Reid's teams were never great at clock management.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back