PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations Tom Brady on #7!

It's sort of bittersweet - I feel good for Brady, just wish we -had- the team that was on the uprise so he would've stayed. But I think that NE team that was on the uprise was 3-4 years ago, and -he won-. He just doesn't age normally.

Time is basically his only real foe right now.

Team Bill took a HUGE loss these past few weeks.
I was never on a team and never even read the Bill vs. Tom thread (complete waste of time imo). But I think a TB, Gronk, AB offense on the Pats (and a few less covid holdouts on D) beats the Chiefs yesterday.

Bill identified and acquired the right talent. Kraft squandered it for an early bird special *.

Can you guys imagine how different the all-time QB list looks if Brady just didn't exist? Probably kept Manning from getting another 2 rings. Manning probably is ballwashed as the GOAT over Montana. Likely kept Mahomes from getting 2 more at a young age. Absolutely insane. It is a little bittersweet, like seeing your ex continue to win Miss Universe pageants, but man. What an absolute monster. Just the GOAT
I feel for you if your ex is continuing to win Ms. Universe pageants.

What I found out tonight...not only am I a lifelong Patriot fan...I'm also a crazed ex-Patriots fan too....this payback ain't just a biatch, it's 44DD, 32 inch waist dominatrix wielding a cat-o-nine tailed leather whip and beating that stupid ignorant hater azz of a ****old's bildo plugged sewer pipe.
Joker: using the word "cu*k" in everyday conversation years before it was cool.

Mathieu tweeted (and then deleted) that Tom said something mean to him.

wdHsnUs.jpg
Didn't they shake hands at the end? I couldn't tell for sure.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. No, we most certainly do not "all" know that. I know nothing of the sort.
Letting Brady walk is the biggest managerial blunder in the history of sports. The fact that they got nothing for him and allowed it to happen just to save money makes it even harder to live with. It's time Kraft takes some of the blame. He's the owner, not Bill.

That is the dumbest f-ing thing I have read in this forum in quite some time.

Man, the anti-Bradyites have just lost their minds here....
Anti Brady? Wtf are you talking about? Brady made the right choice. So did the Patriots. It's ok dude, nothing good lasts forever

Yeah those draft picks have done us a ton of good.
Ok so what do you propose? ****in just get rid of all the picks cause we suck at drafting anyway? lol

Anti Brady? Wtf are you talking about? Brady made the right choice. So did the Patriots. It's ok dude, nothing good lasts forever
The Pats pretty clearly made the wrong choice. That Brady even had a choice to begin with is on Bill. There was no clear sign of a decline at all and Bill had two years to give Brady a long-term deal to keep him here until his stated retirement age of 45. He didn’t. Now we’re talking about the likes of Jimmy G and Carson Wentz at QB and just watched a year of Cam tripping over his own clit trying to find receivers that are about as open as as the pearly gates of Heaven were to Adolf Hitler.

I was never on a team and never even read the Bill vs. Tom thread (complete waste of time imo). But I think a TB, Gronk, AB offense on the Pats (and a few less covid holdouts on D) beats the Chiefs yesterday.

Bill identified and acquired the right talent. Kraft squandered it for an early bird special *.
Lol Bill is getting credit for identifying that Antonio Brown can play football? Gronk pretty much left because of Bill so I don't know how Bill is getting credit for a hypothetical super bowl win.

The Pats pretty clearly made the wrong choice. That Brady even had a choice to begin with is on Bill. There was no clear sign of a decline at all and Bill had two years to give Brady a long-term deal to keep him here until his stated retirement age of 45. He didn’t. Now we’re talking about the likes of Jimmy G and Carson Wentz at QB and just watched a year of Cam tripping over his own clit trying to find receivers that are about as open as as the pearly gates of Heaven were to Adolf Hitler.
It depends on what you think their end goal was. If it's to go balls to the wall all out no matter the cost and win as many Super Bowls as possible til he hits 45, sure they made the wrong choice. But if the goal is be competitive in the long run, understanding you may be mediocre or bad in the first year, then I don't think it's too crazy to let him go and get the rebuild going asap

It depends on what you think their end goal was. If it's to go balls to the wall all out no matter the cost and win as many Super Bowls as possible til he hits 45, sure they made the wrong choice. But if the goal is be competitive in the long run, understanding you may be mediocre or bad in the first year, then I don't think it's too crazy to let him go and get the rebuild going asap
They could have accomplished both. Just like they have for the last two decades.

They could have accomplished both. Just like they have for the last two decades.
This is what I don't get. We wanted to get a jump start on a rebuild? After watching that Jordan doc earlier this year it is hard to not see the parallels between the 90's Bulls and what happened here. Bill Reinsdorf decided he wanted to blow it all up for the sake of blowing it up when we could have squeezed another year or two out of the run.

Not really. Team building isn't an exact science. Can't really risk another few years of garbage drafting while any year could be Brady's last

This is what I don't get. We wanted to get a jump start on a rebuild? After watching that Jordan doc earlier this year it is hard to not see the parallels between the 90's Bulls and what happened here. Bill Reinsdorf decided he wanted to blow it all up for the sake of blowing it up when we could have squeezed another year or two out of the run.
Whole lot of grade A hindsight when we're talking about a 42 year old QB and a team at the end of a second dynasty

Brady wouldn't make any more sense in New England than he would in Jacksonville

LOL @ the idea the Patriots made the right choice.

Whole lot of grade A hindsight when we're talking about a 42 year old QB and a team at the end of a second dynasty
Hindsight? I didn't want him gone at any point. He could still play. He led a bad roster to 12 wins and another AFCE championship a year ago. If we had someone waiting at QB I could see it. We didn't. Bill bungled this no matter how many pretzels you twist yourself into.

Not really. Team building isn't an exact science. Can't really risk another few years of garbage drafting while any year could be Brady's last
Sure you can. The team did it for 20 years. As far as the garbage drafting goes, whose fault is that?

Sure you can. The team did it for 20 years. As far as the garbage drafting goes, whose fault is that?
Uhh belichicks? Idk what that has to do with anything. And "sure you can" when you know your QB has the time to wait. You can't when any year could be his last

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back