PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conflicting reports on who was repsonsible for the decision to trade Jimmy (Kraft or Belichick???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
From yesterday afternoon.....Burr.PNG
And now this.....

On 'Pardon My Take' this morning, Rappaport disputed the report that Robert Kraft made the call to trade Jimmy G.
DNjX94LXUAEa6P_.jpg

DNjX-aLW0AAm4xs.jpg

Who's telling the truth here?

From yesterday afternoon.....View attachment 18450
And now this.....

On 'Pardon My Take' this morning, Rappaport disputed the report that Robert Kraft made the call to trade Jimmy G.
DNjX94LXUAEa6P_.jpg

DNjX-aLW0AAm4xs.jpg

Who's telling the truth here?
Do you have to ask?
The golf guy who says something that conflicts with everything we perceive or the football guy who confirms it?

Well between someone who covers the NFL and someone who covers golf and has things "fall into his lap", I'd pick the guy who covers the NFL (notwithstanding my total lack of respect for that group in general).

Like Reimer, I feel there may be a kernel of truth to what Burr is reporting, especially if you tie it into the rumors of tensions between Alex Guerrero and Bill

Reimer: Wild conspiracy theories about Jimmy Garoppolo trade may contain some kernels of truth
Reimer.PNG

And his golf background doesn't disqualify him from being a credible reporter on this topic, since Brady and his family are avid golfers (same for Belichick and Kraft) and Burr doesn't need to worry about alienating NFL sources/insiders for fear of backlash.

Someone clearly wanted this information out there, and went outside the NFL bubbles to ensure it would be leaked.

Last edited:
Like Reimer, I feel there may be a kernel of truth to what Burr is reporting, especially if you tie it into the rumors of tensions between Eddie Guerrero and Bill

Reimer: Wild conspiracy theories about Jimmy Garoppolo trade may contain some kernels of truth
View attachment 18451

And his golf background doesn't disqualify him from being a credible reporter on this topic, since Brady and his family are avid golfers (same for Belichick and Kraft) and Burr doesn't need to worry about alienating NFL sources/insiders for fear of backlash.

Someone clearly wanted this information out there, and went outside the NFL bubbles to ensure it would be leaked.
Eddie_Guerrero_bio.png

Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. So which is simpler?

(A) Some ridiculous power struggle is taking place behind the scenes involving Kraft, Belichick, Brady, Guerrero and Garoppolo or

(B) Belichick realized he just couldn't keep them both after this year, so he did the best he could with turning Garoppolo into an asset.

SCHISM!!!

Really, can we stop this ****?

Aren't we better than this?
The answer is in the OP's post or in the OP's history or....no, we're not better than this but we strive to be better every day and you'll see that in his future posts.

Lots of weird stuff coming out in media in this post-JG era.

Kinda feels like a sad day for the franchise. Like Bill felt they'd really struck gold with another QB and wanted to move heaven and hell to keep both happy, but JG held all the cards and Bill knew it and had to capitulate in the least damaging way possible.

It's like they'd carefully developed a plan to mitigate the risk of Brady being the starting QB at age 40 and beyond. The plan went so well (Brady playing well, JG developing) that they couldn't maintain it. Now, the risk remains with Brady up there in years, and they have to start over with a new plan to mitigate that risk.

Meanwhile, Brady's guru talks **** about injuries that he thinks should've been prevented with his method, and the actual training staff probably has had it up to here with the TB12 snake oil insanity.

It's a real stretch. I think many of us saw the scenario where Bill trades Brady after 2017 to make Jimmy his starter being possible, but do you really think that Kraft is going to overrule Belichick and completely trash his plans for the most important position on the team? I mean, really? And do you think that all of the NFL reporters have it totally wrong and one random dude who covers golf somehow has the "real" truth?

Like Reimer, I feel there may be a kernel of truth to what Burr is reporting, especially if you tie it into the rumors of tensions between Eddie Guerrero and Bill

View attachment 18451

You could fill a book with the number of things wrong with that SI article. Here's one example:

The Chiefs drubbed the Patriots on Monday night early in the 2014 season, and Brady played so poorly -- so creakily -- that talk turned to whether he was, at long last, finished. A few days later, Belichick asked running backs coach Ivan Fears to speak to the team. Fears spoke about the importance of attitude, then turned to Brady and, with the entire team looking on, said, "Your body language reeks of fear."

In response, Brady did what Brady does: He willed himself to get better. He says he "doesn't remember" Fears saying that to him, but he will always remember the necessity, at that moment, for mental toughness. "It's an attitude adjustment," he says. "Not ever being satisfied. Things obviously have not been easy for me in my career."

The only problem with this spin is that after the KC game someone asked Bill if the QB position was going to be re-evaluated. Bill snorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back