PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Come play a free Football MMO/Simulator

No idea.. I'm guess that our starters on D got gassed.

BTW OC, mind sending Steamer deep a few times in our next game? With a speed of 70 I don't think there are many #2 CBs in the league that can keep up with him. Might be able to get some big chunks of yardage that way.

The only thing I can specify, even with the new test AI settings is whether to throw to a WR on a specific play, not which WR.

The only thing I can specify, even with the new test AI settings is whether to throw to a WR on a specific play, not which WR.

Bummer. What kind of play selection do you have available though? I think with our talented WR corps, we can start using more deep pass plays with some good results.

On thing that's worth noting is that, if there's a 3-way tie at the end of the season, like last year between Canberra, Newcastle and us, and H2H records can't sort it out (we beat Canberra, Canberra beat Newcastle, Newcastle beat us), points scored is the next tiebreaker. So there is a legitimate incentive to absolutely destroy crappy teams by as many points as possible.

What kind of play selection do you have available though?

None. I can only specify what percentage of the time we pass short, medium or long.

We've been set for long passes and medium passes way more than most teams. :snob:

9-3 Emerald City Flying Monkeys coming up. This will be a tough game. They boast a stronger offensive line, but their QB is not as good as ours. Defenses seem to be rated about even. What's our plan to win?

Oh, important question. Do we get to upgrade our equipment again at level 24? And if so, how much does each equipment upgrade cost?

Yes. $50k each item, from what I understand.

We're holding off from distributing those upgrades this season, so we can upgrade the stadium during the offseason instead. Will be better for the team in general.

saved enough for one upgrade so far

At what point does increasing your speed cost you 3 XP points instead of 2?

Probably for upgrades I'm going to see where we are at at the end of the season. If we can afford one more stadium upgrade (2.5m) I'm gonna do that and then focus on equipment for you guys out of a good portion of the season ticket sales money prior to the start of next season.

We're at a small competitive disadvantage, but not much of one because no team can afford to give all of their L24s $240k right now. So going into the playoffs there will probably be a few L24s with 1-2 pieces of L24 equipment would be my guess. The other team I am on is planning on giving out $100k signing bonuses to L24s sometime before the end of this season which is enough for 1-2 pieces. That's 1-2 stat points we're behind for this postseason.

BUT, we'll be in a much better position to get everyone their L24 gear next season if we're seating so many more people and charging them full price for concessions that I think a small dip here is worth it.

Seriously, it's season 3 and we're on track to be nearly done with all of section 200, leaving us only section 300 to go.

Nice win over the Flying Monkeys! Steamer and Wes each got 100+ yards and a TD apiece. Our passing game is certainly looking formidable lately.

Last edited:
Holy CRAP. I just noticed that my contract ran out recently and I've got an inbox with 72 new messages, all contract offers from various teams wanting a franchise WR. LOL. So err NBP gonna offer me a contract extension or what? I'm being offered an average of 120k salary with 100-120k signing bonus. I certainly want to stay with the forum team and will give somewhat of a hometown discount, but I'd like a competitive offer with what I'm seeing right now.

My best offer so far has been this one, but I'd be willing to take less for the good of the team.
I just want the cash to train and upgrade a couple of pieces of equipment to level 24.

Manila Warlords
Southeast Asia AAA #1 (Zeta Conference)
Offer Details
Yearly Salary:$280680 ($7017/day)
Signing Bonus:$126315
Contract Length:1 seasons (ends on day 40)
#1 team offering max salary and bonus to help us win a championship. Come on board and decide to stay or leave in off-season. Tons of cash on hand.

Last edited:
Well hopefully whoever is in charge of contracts can make Steamer an offer by tomorrow. My inbox is piling up messages at horrific rates. :)

I posted about this on the team forum to get a consensus on what people want to do. Cause giving you a $100k bonus means I've got to give every Level 24 a $100k bonus and I was hoping to wait to do that at the start of next season when we get our big ticket sales.

Also, if you ever ***** about a Patriot wanting more money I will personally come to your house and kick you in the nuts.

Don't worry about offering bonuses to the rest of us. About 2 days from now I'll personally account for 3 of the level 24s on the team, and none of them need a $100k bonus. See, it's a crazy thing, but I play these browser-based games to have fun and interact with people, not hold my own team hostage for fake money.

And the kid was offered a contract extension at the begining of the seaon like we all signed but him, so he could get his payday! Oh well, always one bad apple... And since we kept him, he is on the blunt side of all our Ty Law, Deon Branch, and Damien Woody jokes...

And the kid was offered a contract extension at the begining of the seaon like we all signed but him, so he could get his payday! Oh well, always one bad apple... And since we kept him, he is on the blunt side of all our Ty Law, Deon Branch, and Damien Woody jokes...

That's being nice- I was considering trying to nickname him FredEx

That was a huge team win for the seeding.

You can call him Stanley "the Mercenary" Steamer if you want, but 10 receptions, 129 yards and 3 tds speaks for itself.

Bottom line, wins count more than anything. Let's just keep winning.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back