PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Come play a free Football MMO/Simulator

To follow through on the TE situation - before this game, both TEs were getting equal snaps. In this game, Walter got about 4 times as many snaps as number 2 did - 83 to 20 something. That's probably not the best ratio for developing our number 2 TE.

Walter is starting and on special teams, which is OK since his stamina can handle it (83 snaps costs 26 energy), but we may want to get Deed on ST to get more snaps, or swap him into the game earlier.

Before last night, I would have said that Deed should be in on passing downs while Walter should be blocking, but after leveling up, Walter's receiving bar matches Deed's. I don't know how accurate those things are (not very, I think) but it's something to keep in mind.

Taking Walter off ST and putting Deed on probably restores the total snaps balance. Increasing the swap threshold for subbing Deed in on O by a little bit probably gets him more offensive snaps too. If only he'd boost, we'd have a level 20 and a level 19 TE.

Nobody can hold Welker/Steamer from making catches! :rocker:

Yeah our passing game is really starting to look unstoppable. Just continuing what we had going from last season but even better. Another all around good team effort for the win. Let's keep the win streak going!

anyone interested in a lvl 7 CB? not looking to start but would like to get some reps if possible, maybe some ST time

here's the build:

Strength: 15.5 Blocking: 9
Speed: 31.99 Tackling: 15.88
Agility: 18.99 Throwing: 9
Jumping: 17.99 Catching: 16.42
Stamina: 21.91 Carrying: 11.5
Vision: 20.99 Kicking: 8
Confidence: 15.25 Punting: 8
1-1-1-1-0
0-0-0-0-0

To follow through on the TE situation - before this game, both TEs were getting equal snaps. In this game, Walter got about 4 times as many snaps as number 2 did - 83 to 20 something. That's probably not the best ratio for developing our number 2 TE.

Walter is starting and on special teams, which is OK since his stamina can handle it (83 snaps costs 26 energy), but we may want to get Deed on ST to get more snaps, or swap him into the game earlier.

Before last night, I would have said that Deed should be in on passing downs while Walter should be blocking, but after leveling up, Walter's receiving bar matches Deed's. I don't know how accurate those things are (not very, I think) but it's something to keep in mind.

Taking Walter off ST and putting Deed on probably restores the total snaps balance. Increasing the swap threshold for subbing Deed in on O by a little bit probably gets him more offensive snaps too. If only he'd boost, we'd have a level 20 and a level 19 TE.

Swapped Walter off of the KRS and put Deed on in his place. That should help.

holy crap...i posted in the GLB forum, and now I've got like a billion offers. is it a crapshoot in choosing the team to sign with?

holy crap...i posted in the GLB forum, and now I've got like a billion offers. is it a crapshoot in choosing the team to sign with?

Probably - there's a lot of drama, a lot of whining, and a lot of aggressive owners who cut guys just because they don't boost.

I'd try and latch on with a team owned by one of the guys from this forum. Tobias is shaping up to be a good owner, there are probably others.

Yeah. My advice is to not sign with any team that won't give you a single year offer. Multi-season offers are the devil.

I have 4 CBs right now, but one is leaving on day 33 for his own team. I could probably get you some snaps at CB and some on special teams if you want. In a month you could probably take over one of the 3 starting roles.

Shoot me an in-game PM if you want (tobias funke).

I finally bought some flex points so i uped my OT (paul Haines) up to 19 and bought him some custom equipment so i am tryiong to keep up LOL

Yeah. My advice is to not sign with any team that won't give you a single year offer. Multi-season offers are the devil.

Hey! What are you insinuating, I just signed a 3 year deal with the NBP!?! ;)

:eat3:

OR, he could work to get one SA tree to read 2-2-2-2-2. When he upgrades his special equipment at level 8, that upgrade will be worth the equivalent of 12 SPs, rather than 6. That upgrade is worth 2 lvls, not one.

Then, he can go back to upping basic attributes. 48 will still be waiting, at a fraction of the cost of trying to get his SAs to 3 later on.

Jus' sayin'.

I'm pretty sure that the SA boost works just like the bonuses from normal equipment, in that it is ignored when you actually allocate points to it. For example, if I have 48 strength, but 5 of that comes from equipment, then the next 5 strength points only cost 1 instead of 2. Same for the SA tree and the bonuses received by equipment there. That makes the "rush one stat to 48" method the best and only way.

Wow what a win. Best play of the game.

Skinny Law - 1 play, 1 Pass Deflected. Not bad for a CB of the future....

SO CLOSE to a shutout!

BTW, Cav is finishing games with ~85 energy after 55+ plays - feel free to put him back on ST, if you need him. No pressure, especially if you are using ST to get backups more plays...

Heck of a win, dominant performance by Tank!

SO CLOSE to a shutout!

BTW, Cav is finishing games with ~85 energy after 55+ plays - feel free to put him back on ST, if you need him. No pressure, especially if you are using ST to get backups more plays...

I think we're worried about the season fatigue stuff that BradyFTW mentioned. We don't want to come up on those last 4 games with our starters hovering around 60 stamina.

Hey! What are you insinuating, I just signed a 3 year deal with the NBP!?! ;)

:eat3:

Basically I'm going to get you all set in long term contracts then ebay the team and laugh all the way to the bank. Then I'll laugh while making a deposit, and then laugh on the way home. Then probably stop laughing, I'll mostly be chuckling by then.

It would be amazing if we could tinker with the energy settings just a tad. For example, even if the starters could each play about 4-5 plays less a game, that would combine to get the backups snaps enough to level up properly. From what I read, there isn't much of a difference from 30 to 50 to 70 snaps in terms of exp (and I've done a bit of testing with this). If we could get the backups to get a few more plays and perhaps get to around 30, which I hear is the sweet spot, we'd actually catch up level-wise and be productive sooner. I would think that less stamina invested in builds would actually be a good thing, so the depth would be very helpful.

Haha, that little CB my team just picked up from here got an INT in his first game. Way to go, lol.

Also Barnsie, the settings just don't work like that. You can set sub-in, sub-out per position and then you set the depth chart. You can tinker with that as much as you want, but you will never be able to specifically determine how many plays someone is going to get with that sort of certainty.

I mean, I will spend 30 minutes working on my chart and settings to try to get a specific backup more snaps, and he'll end one game with 15 snaps and another with 35 under the same settings.

Too much of it has to do with what happens in the actual game, so trying to make too many determinations as to how to fix X person's snaps, etc. can just end up having the opposite effect if you don't do it right.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back