PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cole Strange ... Sell me on him moving to Tackle

I don't mind if it turns out I'm wrong., The team NEEDS this guy to be solid this season at the very least. He was overmatched a lot last season.
For a rookie, he played very well. Every OL
is “overmatched” sometimes. If you expect zero bad plays everyone sucks.

Strange is too light in ass to play guard. Bill took two G's and a C in the draft, so it wouldn't shock me if Strange ends up lining up at LT during camp as we can't assume Reiff sticks (as he shouldn't). Trent Brown is another guy that should've been shown the door as he was awful last season.

O-line should've been a higher priority this offseason to put Mac in the best position to succeed. This O-line group is worse than last year and among the worst since Bill took over.

Strange is too light in ass to play guard. Bill took two G's and a C in the draft, so it wouldn't shock me if Strange ends up lining up at LT during camp as we can't assume Reiff sticks (as he shouldn't). Trent Brown is another guy that should've been shown the door as he was awful last season.

O-line should've been a higher priority this offseason to put Mac in the best position to succeed. This O-line group is worse than last year and among the worst since Bill took over.
You don't that Reiff will make the 53?

He is guaranteed $4.1M on his one year deal. He'll make the 53.

That shrinkage when getting older is real.
George Costanza Good Job GIF

As much as everyone wanted to dump on Patricia, myself included, there were times (a lot of them) when the OL would have made Bill Walsh's play calling look like Patricia's. If they don't fix it BOB is going to be a bum on this board rapid fire. As much as I liked their draft in a vacuum they didn't do anything to majorly upgrade the OL in the short term. Sure one of the interior OL they drafted could be a star we don't know about but that's unlikely. Most of these guys will need at least a year to develop. Then there's two journeyman tackles who will see if one can stay healthy and if the other is better than what he showed in Denver.

You really don't know what you have with these guys in totality until you get them into camp and see what they're all about. By all accounts the Patriots had buyer's remorse day one with Ron Brace and a few others. So we'll see how this turns out but if this OL is as bad as last year this team is going to have another 7-9 win year.

I will freely admit they were better the second half of the year and that couple with a new OC and line coach should help out a lot as well. So I'm cautiously optimistic. That said don't just blame the coaches if the offense isn't clicking. Take a look at the OL and then blame the GM for giving them a BoxORocks, who I wish was still on the board.

Someone has to keep you honest about your BS

**** you too, you ****ing willfully ****ing ignorant ****ing cheerleader.

You're ****ing lucky I didn't take you up on your ****ing stoopid ****ing wager last year.

Definitely am not selling him as a LT to anyone. That will be determined by how much work on his frame he put in during the offseason and how well he takes in the new coaching.

However, he was trending in the right direction towards the end of the season which was a positive sign of improvement in the last month. That’s what you want to see. Thinking on it more, who was this guys oline coach in his rookie year again? The all important rookie year? Now he has a real coach in Klemm who so far is getting good reviews by some of the vets. Also, a real offensive coordinator with a plan that keeps everyone on the same page.

May not of liked the timing of the pick where he went, but I still got hope he can be that player they envisioned.

**** you too, you ****ing willfully ****ing ignorant ****ing cheerleader.

You're ****ing lucky I didn't take you up on your ****ing stoopid ****ing wager last year.
Wow, get caught in BS and you resort to that. Or are you still saying 5/8” of arm length matters? That’s about a fingernail.

We did make that bet. Neither of us even suggested any other stakes than who predicted right. Not sure why you are acting like a bltch about it.

If Mayo becomes HC that’s actually a down grade from Bill screw prior commitment go get a offensive coach.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back