PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cole Beasley calls out Cowboys front office

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of fishiness in the way Dallas runs things. If I'm not mistaken, this is the second OC that's lost his job there, even though Garrett was brought in with an offensive background. How many scapegoats will get the axe before the blame goes up to him? But if what Cole says is true, Garrett probably keeps his job because he goes along with whatever Jerry says, which is an absolutely MENTAL way to run a franchise.
One of the best things to happen in the NFL was the Cowboys winning Super Bowl 30 with Barry Switzer. It “proved” to Jerry that he knows football just as well as high paid coaches and GMs, and therefore removed any thought he might have had about checking his ego.

He doesn’t do that, he might pull a George Steinbrenner and actually let a qualified GM build a team (granted, because he was suspended....) and a qualified coach to run it. And that would them in position to win and compete in multiple Super Bowls over the last 23 years.

We do need a replacement for Amendola.

Is Beasley an upgrade over Berrios?

We also need a replacement for cooks/Gordon.

Really? He had the 2nd most receptions and yards ina season for his career. Its not like its Marcus Allen v Al Davis.

He didn't get the numbers he felt he needed and hes *****ing.

He needs to settle down and find a team that wants him.
His 65 catches were only good enough for 27th among WRs. Those won't get him the big bucks and I'm guessing his agent is spinning it as a way to explain why he didn't get more ( i.e. Jerry said throw it to Amari)

Last edited:

Anyone would be an upgrade over Berrios if they make the team.

I get stuck watching a lot of Dallas games due to the wife, and while Beasley is appealing on some level, I would question his durability in terms of how he’d be used in this particular system.

Is he the kind of guy that’s going to last, not only getting lit up and jostled across the middle, but also as a blocking WR? I’m skeptical.

Or just go get Amendola himself. He’ll probably be a free agent within the next two months.
I’m not so sure.

They pretty much got everything they expected when signing him to that overpriced deal. It’s not like he fell off of a cliff, production-wise. Then again, it is the Dolphins, so maybe they see the error they made in the offseason.

2017–61 catches (86 targets) 659 yards 2 TDs

2018–59 catches (79 targets) 575 yards 1 TD

Or just go get Amendola himself. He’ll probably be a free agent within the next two months.

Assuming he sees the error of his ways?

It's pretty well-established that his critique is valid, isn't it? Or at least noncontroversial. If he's serious about caring more for utilization than money, maybe he'd be willing to come here for a year.

I’m not so sure.

They pretty much got everything they expected when signing him to that overpriced deal. It’s not like he fell off of a cliff, production-wise. Then again, it is the Dolphins, so maybe they see the error they made in the offseason.

2017–61 catches (86 targets) 659 yards 2 TDs

2018–59 catches (79 targets) 575 yards 1 TD

Agreed, I really doubt the Dolphins figured his production would significantly increase from 2017 sans-Edelman in the Pats offense. Also, if Flores does become the head coach there I assume he'd want some guys who he's familiar with, and Amendola is one of those guys who's already there. So even if he's otherwise on the bubble, that makes me believe he's likely to stick. It's also why I'm worried the Dolphins or Lions might make Flowers an offer outside of our price range, but that's a whole different thread for a different time.

I get stuck watching a lot of Dallas games due to the wife, and while Beasley is appealing on some level, I would question his durability in terms of how he’d be used in this particular system.

Is he the kind of guy that’s going to last, not only getting lit up and jostled across the middle, but also as a blocking WR? I’m skeptical.
Just to elaborate on this point a bit:

Danny Amendola 5’11” 190 lbs.
Julian Edelman 5’10” 198 lbs.
Cole Beasley 5’8” 180 lbs.

(according to pro football reference)

Just not sure that Beasley would be able to take the physical toll that the specific position requires in terms of being both a human pinball and an excellent downfield blocker.

There have been others who are small but I think they’ve played a bit of a different role. Taking it one step further, I don’t think anyone has been under 5’9 or 190 lbs.

Troy Brown 5’10” 196 lbs.
Phillip Dorsett 5’10” 192 lbs.
Deion Branch 5’9 193 lbs.

He could be the Dola replacement?

Everyone shut up! Sign the beast!!!
Next great WR!

To #2 yes have we even seen that midget Berrios play??:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back