PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs want to face Patriots again: They couldn't handle us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way we shut these MFers up is beat their asses in the playoffs

To wit, why wouldn't anyone relish the chance of playing this year's Patriots in the playoffs? Most on here thought yesterday was the day they "finally" get it going - score prediction thread was FULL of 28, 35, 31, 30 etc point predictions from the offense. But here's the deal people, not that the offense was any good since the whistle blew for the first half of the Jets game back in September, BUT...in their last FIVE games, vs supposed "good competition" (but Dallas and Philadelphia have proven nothing but mediocre), the Patriots have a total of NINE - NINE!!!! touchdown drives...UNTHINNKABLE for a quarterback with all the answers to the test!

More concerning is the fact that this offense simply cannot score touchdowns if they have to cross the 50 yard line. The 2019 New England Patriots have a total of 5 touchdowns in 5 games in which Brady has had to cross the 50, and I would argue TWO of those (second 2 vs Houston, 63, 89 yard drives) were garbage time touchdowns vs a prevent defense.

The fact that Belichick thought his team could block a punt (thus setting up a short field for the quarterback with all the answers to the test) than drive 75 yards for a td is VERY telling...don't say that in the GDT, it'll get you banned.

And, since the defense and special teams stopped scoring, the Patriots are 2-3 and the two wins (vs average at best Dallas and Philadelphia) came down to the defense making a stop to win the game. The fact that the offense couldn't put games away vs two sub .500 teams was very worrisome to me, but many of the fanboys on here kept whistling past the graveyard - "Yeah baby, that was a 2001/2003 type win - yahooo!"

So the offense is anemic and vs Baltimore, Houston, and Kansas City the "Boogeyman" have given up 30, 28, and 23 points. This supposed "historic" defense has surrendered third downs at a 43% conversion rate over those 3 games (third down vs KC was 31%, on road vs Bal and Hou defense was a putrid 52%!, so good performance vs KC at home skews #s). Also, this alleged historic defense has given up touchdown drives of 72, 72, 86, 62, 86, 58, 70, and 68 yards. Do historic defenses do that?

Folks, we've been hoodwinked into believing this defense is "historic". They're a good defense in today's NFL, but they can't be counted on to keep a playoff team under 20 points, which would have to be the order of the day in the playoffs given the pathetic nature of the 2019 offense.

Relax cowboy. I still trust this defense. It hasn’t been perfect but i think these guys are frustrated with this inept offense. They won’t tell it to their face. Jonathan Jones has been struggling. He has been one of the bigger issue on defense but i still trust them come the playoffs. Not so much this offense.

It’s simultaneously shaping up to be the worst Patriots offense (by far) which truly cannot win, and Brady’s most improbably, ultimate “no one believes in us” situation. I think this team is still very capable of winning the Super Bowl. Brady carries much of the blame but also carries much of the potential solution. He is missing too many easy money passes, setting them up in 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 10 way too often. These aren’t problems with complexity and timing; they are just very basic “guy is open, lead him with a good pass” inaccurate throws. Brady is capable of playing better and perhaps it’s a more serious elbow issue than we thought. If he can figure it out for the postseason, and the team isn’t constantly getting nothing from the easy yards the defense gives them, there will be different results. Also, Harry and Meyers need to get the ball in space (screen passes and picks). This offense is not that far away from being adequate. This may be Brady’s last run and most unlikely one too.

It’s simultaneously shaping up to be the worst Patriots offense (by far) which truly cannot win, and Brady’s most improbably, ultimate “no one believes in us” situation. I think this team is still very capable of winning the Super Bowl. Brady carries much of the blame but also carries much of the potential solution. He is missing too many easy money passes, setting them up in 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 10 way too often. These aren’t problems with complexity and timing; they are just very basic “guy is open, lead him with a good pass” inaccurate throws. Brady is capable of playing better and perhaps it’s a more serious elbow issue than we thought. If he can figure it out for the postseason, and the team isn’t constantly getting nothing from the easy yards the defense gives them, there will be different results. Also, Harry and Meyers need to get the ball in space (screen passes and picks). This offense is not that far away from being adequate. This may be Brady’s last run and most unlikely one too.

The guy’s not a young buck anymore and i don’t think he’s 100 percent cause of the beating he has taken. Wish his life was a lot easier but it’s not. I think this might be it for brady in a pats uniform.☹️

teams that beat the Pats don't do so well the next time......book it

If we happen to meet them again...NE victory guaranteed.

I'd take my chances against an offense that can't score more than 20 points, can't complete a pass more than 5 yards past LOS, converts third down at a sub 40% clip, and had to use trick plays to get chunk yardage...
Harry scored. That would have got us to 20 points. Scoop and score taken away too. Cant help it if the refs take it away.

Guess there’s only one thing left to do..View attachment 25432
Win the whole F’n thing.
It is. I'm over at Chiefs Planet bustin' their chops after the loss.

I EXPECT to go back there ripping them up and down on how much of a playoff choker they are.

Chiefs might as well say it, because it is extremely likely to happen.

Why wouldn't a team want to face the worst offense in the league? This is by far the weakest team in the AFC. Baltimore, KC and Houston have much better offenses. And they can talk smack all they want. Their defense proved worthy yesterday.

Why wouldn't a team want to face the worst offense in the league? This is by far the weakest team in the AFC. Baltimore, KC and Houston have much better offenses. And they can talk smack all they want. Their defense proved worthy yesterday.

worst offense in the league ???? I don't think so, and their defense didn't prove much, when and Offense is sputtering any team can win, when the refs take 10 points off the board for the opponent any team should be able to win.
They should save their energy for the playoffs , nice of them to talk smack after one win against us, it won't matter if they don't reach the SB. That is the ultimate goal for every team, not some regular season win.
I still have faith and if they don't reach the SB so be it, there will always be next season to try and get to that goal !

No matter how much you wanna build up the Chiefs it’s never a good idea to talk down to an opponent this way.

To wit, why wouldn't anyone relish the chance of playing this year's Patriots in the playoffs? Most on here thought yesterday was the day they "finally" get it going - score prediction thread was FULL of 28, 35, 31, 30 etc point predictions from the offense. But here's the deal people, not that the offense was any good since the whistle blew for the first half of the Jets game back in September, BUT...in their last FIVE games, vs supposed "good competition" (but Dallas and Philadelphia have proven nothing but mediocre), the Patriots have a total of NINE - NINE!!!! touchdown drives...UNTHINNKABLE for a quarterback with all the answers to the test!

More concerning is the fact that this offense simply cannot score touchdowns if they have to cross the 50 yard line. The 2019 New England Patriots have a total of 5 touchdowns in 5 games in which Brady has had to cross the 50, and I would argue TWO of those (second 2 vs Houston, 63, 89 yard drives) were garbage time touchdowns vs a prevent defense.

The fact that Belichick thought his team could block a punt (thus setting up a short field for the quarterback with all the answers to the test) than drive 75 yards for a td is VERY telling...don't say that in the GDT, it'll get you banned.

And, since the defense and special teams stopped scoring, the Patriots are 2-3 and the two wins (vs average at best Dallas and Philadelphia) came down to the defense making a stop to win the game. The fact that the offense couldn't put games away vs two sub .500 teams was very worrisome to me, but many of the fanboys on here kept whistling past the graveyard - "Yeah baby, that was a 2001/2003 type win - yahooo!"

So the offense is anemic and vs Baltimore, Houston, and Kansas City the "Boogeyman" have given up 30, 28, and 23 points. This supposed "historic" defense has surrendered third downs at a 43% conversion rate over those 3 games (third down vs KC was 31%, on road vs Bal and Hou defense was a putrid 52%!, so good performance vs KC at home skews #s). Also, this alleged historic defense has given up touchdown drives of 72, 72, 86, 62, 86, 58, 70, and 68 yards in 3 games vs last 3 winning clubs theyve faced. Do historic defenses do that?

Folks, we've been hoodwinked into believing this defense is "historic". They're a good defense in today's NFL, but they can't be counted on to keep a playoff team under 20 points, which would have to be the order of the day in the playoffs given the pathetic nature of the 2019 offense.

As per usual the best post gets ignored

Only way we shut these MFers up is beat their asses in the playoffs
So long as Ferentz is our center, our offensive line will be a leaky sieve , and
Clark and the others will carry out their boasts.

No matter how much you wanna build up the Chiefs it’s never a good idea to talk down to an opponent this way.

Worked for the Jets in 2010. Worked for the Ravens this year. Buress predicted the Pats wouldn't score more than 17 in the SB. Pats scored 14.

IDK - If I'm Andy Reid, I am on that plane going home thinking, "if a few of those calls didn't go our way, we lose that game."

Worked for the Jets in 2010. Worked for the Ravens this year. Buress predicted the Pats wouldn't score more than 17 in the SB. Pats scored 14.

Good for them. I’m sure there’s been countless times where it hasn’t worked out so well for teams. The 2001 Steelers come to mind.

So long as Ferentz is our center, our offensive line will be a leaky sieve , and
Clark and the others will carry out their boasts.
3 pressures and a sack yesterday. Sheesh

Sooooo ****y for a team that won’t make it to the divisional round. The Patriots absolutely suck right now and still likely win that game if Boger didn’t Boger. The Chiefs always save their worst for the postseason.
lol, we were Boger'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye