PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones reportedly out for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our 2 best defensive players (not named Revis) are out for the year (Mayo) and out for a month (Jones)

Meanwhile the 2 best defensive players on the Broncos are the top 2 leaders in sacks. Lucky bastards.

My question is WHO will break the news (FROM TWO DAYS AGO) about Chandler Jones being out for a month to this Providence Journal reporter who is tweeting that he is missing from practice?

From One Hour Ago
Mark Daniels @MarkDanielsPJ
Chandler Jones still missing from practice, still no sign of Alan Branch

My question is WHO will break the news (FROM TWO DAYS AGO) about Chandler Jones being out for a month to this obviously clueless Providence Journal reporter?

From One Hour Ago

Sealver Siliga and Jerod Mayo were also reportedly absent. :eek:

Sealver Siliga and Jerod Mayo were also reportedly absent. :eek:

I hear no one saw Jim Plunkett on the field either. Maybe his alarm clock wasn't working!

My question is WHO will break the news (FROM TWO DAYS AGO) about Chandler Jones being out for a month to this Providence Journal reporter who is tweeting that he is missing from practice?

From One Hour Ago

Chandler Jones is not on any IR list. Therefore, his absence, or non-absence, from practice, is something that will be reported on.

Chandler Jones is not on any IR list. Therefore, his absence, or non-absence, from practice, is something that will be reported on.

Pretty much evryone who follows the Patriots has heard the news that Jones will be out approximately one month.

Kinda like the old Chevy Chase SNL Update line "And in other news, Generalissimo Franco is still dead".

"Chandler Jones still missing from practice"

Thanks for the realtime tweeted updates! :D

Last edited:
Chandler Jones is poised to replace Generalissimo Francisco Franko

Calm down, Counselor. Yes, they are ALL funny. :D

Your 24 hour per day Norman Thurm Act is the next funny thing about this.

Life is good. Laugh a little. The Patriots are competitive and interesting. Breathe deeply and enjoy it.

I was laughing my ass off... at you. ;)

@shmessy, if you want something to bang on clueless media about, here's something for you regarding Felger. As you know, he's been on the "Brady's in decline" thing for a while. Well, just a few minutes ago, a caller took him to task, noting that Brady's numbers are on pace to be similar to his 2010 MVP season. Felger's response was essentially "Yes, but he's more inconsistent today than he was in 2010, which is proof of his decline. Well, here you go, through 7 weeks of each season:

QB rating 2010 - 96.56
QB rating 2014 - 96.3

TDs 2010 - 12
TDs 2014 - 13

INTs 2010 - 4
INTs 2014 - 2

Passing yards 2010 - 1602
Passing yards 2014 - 1705

Games under 90 QB rating 2010 - 3
Games under 90 QB rating 2014 - 2

Games with 2 INTs 2010 - 2
Games with 2 INTs 2014 - 1

Games with 0 TDs both years - 0

Games with 1TD both years - 4

@shmessy, if you want something to bang on clueless media about, here's something for you regarding Felger. As you know, he's been on the "Brady's in decline" thing for a while. Well, just a few minutes ago, a caller took him to task, noting that Brady's numbers are on pace to be similar to his 2010 MVP season. Felger's response was essentially "Yes, but he's more inconsistent today than he was in 2010, which is proof of his decline. Well, here you go, through 7 weeks:

QB rating 2010 - 96.56
QB rating 2014 - 96.3

TDs 2010 - 12
TDs 2014 - 13

INTs 2010 - 4
INTs 2014 - 2

Passing yards 2010 - 1602
Passing yards 2014 - 1705

Games under 90 QB rating 2010 - 3
Games under 90 QB rating 2014 - 2

Games with 2 INTs 2010 - 2
Games with 2 INTs 2014 - 1

Games with 0 TDs both years - 0

Games with 1TD both years - 4

Felger is someone I am grateful to miss! Brilliant showman, though I don't think he believes 10% of what he is saying.

Looking at those stats, what's amazing is that if Brady really did have 12 TD's and 4 INT's after game 7 in 2010, that means he went 24-0 TD-INTs for the remaining 9 games. That's incredible down the stretch.

Last edited:
Felger is clearly right on one point... the number of Brady's interceptions is clearly in decline. Only half of what he had in 2010 by this date.

Felger is clearly right on one point... the number of Brady's interceptions is clearly in decline. Only half of what he had in 2010 by this date.

And with not a great receiving core and crap OL...imagine what he would do in the broncos O?

Felger is someone I am grateful to miss! Brilliant showman, though I don't think he believes 10% of what he is saying.

Looking at those stats, what's amazing is that if Brady really did have 12 TD's and 4 INT's after game 7 in 2010, that means he went 24-0 TD-INTs for the remaining 9 games. That's incredible down the stretch.

That was the year where they had the Moss situation arise, and the team put it together after the loss to the Browns, going 8-0 down the stretch. Brady had only 1 game with a QB rating under 110 in the second half of the season, and that one was 107.

I don't expect Brady to match that, though I'd obviously love it if he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back