PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics trade Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn 2018 pick & players for Kyrie Irving

I don't get how some in the media think the Celtics backs are against the wall.

Thomas is in a contract year. Does anyone think he’ll pout and not play hard, show he’s healthy, productive and worth a big contract – even if he’s playing for the Celtics?

Uh – no. That would be stupid – and Thomas is NOT a stupid player.

As far as Crowder – even if he’s got a chip on his shoulder and they still want to trade him, how many teams would be interested in a player of his caliber locked in at about $7 million until 2020? Um – ALL OF THEM?

Meanwhile Ainge has no doubt been on the phone with any and every GM who might want that Brooklyn lottery pick or other players. He has to have a Plan B and that Plan B might just wind up including the Big Man that the Celtics would covet even more than Irving.

If the Cavaliers want this deal done they should really consider throwing in an extra pick – a late 1st rounder at least

I'm sitting in a cottage on the Truro bluffs on vacation, with a belly full of sea food, frozen yoghurt, and on my 4th bourbon, in front of a roaring August fireplace. How the hell am I supposed to make sense of all of this?! C'mon, borisman, give me a f'in break here. How about a summary?

We really don't. They've been traded for the next two years (with some protections). We do have some incoming 1st rounders, which are protected. The below list doesn't include our own 1st rounders.

2018 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) or to Boston (via Phoenix to Philadelphia) protected for selections 1 and 6-30; if this pick falls on any of its protected selections and is therefore retained by Philadelphia, then Boston will instead receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 (via Philadelphia) and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]; the 2019 pick conveyance is included in "2019 first round draft pick from Philadelphia or Sacramento" on Boston Incoming

2019 first round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
L.A. Clippers' 1st round pick to Boston (via Memphis) protected for selections 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020; if the L.A. Clippers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Boston by 2020, then the L.A. Clippers will instead convey their 2022 2nd round pick to Boston [L.A. Clippers-Memphis, 2/18/2016; Boston-Memphis, 6/23/2016]

2019 first round draft pick from Memphis
Memphis' 1st round pick to Boston protected for selections 1-8 in 2019 and 1-6 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Boston-Memphis-New Orleans, 1/12/2015]

2019 first round draft pick from Philadelphia or Sacramento
If Philadelphia conveys the L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Boston, then Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick to Philadelphia; if Philadelphia does not convey the L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Boston, then Boston will instead receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 (via Philadelphia) and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]; this pick conveyance is included in "2018 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers" on Boston Incoming

2020 second round draft pick from Miami
Miami's 2020 2nd round pick to Boston [Boston-Miami, 7/27/2015]

NBA Future Drafts Detailed - RealGM

I'm sitting in a cottage on the Truro bluffs on vacation, with a belly full of sea food, frozen yoghurt, and on my 4th bourbon, in front of a roaring August fireplace. How the hell am I supposed to make sense of all of this?! C'mon, borisman, give me a f'in break here. How about a summary?

Clearly that's a 6 bourbon post.

Wojnarowski just reported Cleveland still looking for another first rounder from Cs. They're unbelievable. As my old man used to say: more balls than brains...

Wojnarowski just reported Cleveland still looking for another first rounder from Cs. They're unbelievable. As my old man used to say: more balls than brains...
Update: Cleveland and Cs have reached an agreement. 2020 second round pick.

i know but i still hate it. it feels like a shake down.
I mean a 2nd round pick is barely worth anything in the first place; a 2nd rounder 3 years from now is almost totally worthless. I don't even know what the point was.

A trade they shouldn't have made in the first place
A draft pick that should never have been moved

And now they add more to the pot? What the hell happened to that front office?

i know but i still hate it. it feels like a shake down.
Yeah, it pisses me off a little, too, but in the end, the Cs got the guy they wanted. I like the trade, but I'll always love IT and I think Cleveland dragged him through the mud.

A trade they shouldn't have made in the first place
A draft pick that should never have been moved

And now they add more to the pot? What the hell happened to that front office?

A SECOND ROUND PICK LMAO

dude learn the game.

Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Brown, Tatum, and they still got the Laker pick. This team is good and still growing I love it.

gee...I just lost everything I own on the bet that the deal would fall through. Oh wait...no I didn't...:cool:

BUT THEY LOST CROWDAH AND THE 2020 MIAMI PICK

OVAHPAY lol

I just have to laugh at people who are outraged.

Thomas is a soon to be FA with hip problems looking for a max deal
The writing was on the wall for Crowder, drafted Tatum and signed Hayward
The Nets pick isn't going to be a player like Irving (a great PG which you'd need if Thomas left after next season)
and the Heat pick is a 2nd round pick in 2020..... 2020

Irving is under Celtics control for 2 seasons after this season

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore