PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021-22

The entire organization is a dysfunctional mess. I still can't believe they sighed Marcus smart to an extension.
we could be Philadelphia...just saying

Honestly. I would rather be Philly at this point. They have a better roster coach and GM.
i will say there is certainly something wrong with the make up of the Celtics. I think Tatum, while very talented, is more about himself and stats rather than team success. He studied and wants to be like Kobe. Not happening imo. Definitely some locker room issues going one (still) and this great young coach needs to figure it out and the Brad needs to fix the problem. With the passing (no pun intended) of each game, i become more and more concerned with this organization

Brad Stevens has made terrible moves. It was already called out before the season started there were no big men. He traded away big men and got multiple smurf scorers.

Also Tatum is chucking it 25 times a game and only hitting 39%. This guy is the worst parts of next gen Melo.

Brad Stevens has made terrible moves. It was already called out before the season started there were no big men. He traded away big men and got multiple smurf scorers.

Also Tatum is chucking it 25 times a game and only hitting 39%. This guy is the worst parts of next gen Melo.

Make that 38.3% after last nights 4-16. My problem is our new coach is barely playing the young kids, Nesmith got only 2 minutes in a late blowout.

Make that 38.3% after last nights 4-16. My problem is our new coach is barely playing the young kids, Nesmith got only 2 minutes in a late blowout.

This team is dysfunctional and it starts with Brad Stevens who sucks at his job. Signed multiple tiny ball chuckers. No play maker distributor. Traded away multiple big men.

This season is not a surprise. The roster as constructed was a mess in preseason.

I'm not for trading Tatum or Brown yet as quality players are hard to get, but the GM has been bad from the moment he took the job.

Tatum goes 3-13 and Brown 5-14 yet they still blow out Miami and this tine its Pritchard who only gets 2 minutes playing time.

So far defense has saved this team.

i will say there is certainly something wrong with the make up of the Celtics. I think Tatum, while very talented, is more about himself and stats rather than team success. He studied and wants to be like Kobe. Not happening imo. Definitely some locker room issues going one (still) and this great young coach needs to figure it out and the Brad needs to fix the problem. With the passing (no pun intended) of each game, i become more and more concerned with this organization

Spot on. He's picked up bad habits becoming the next ballhog Melo 2.0 or worst Kobe years. It's not good when he clanks 5 straight iso possessions to lose a game, and teammates just stand there.

Tatum shooting 23 times a game now for only 40% FG is absolutely KILLING this team right now.

I want Brown Tatum and Marcus dumb traded as soon as possible. I want a complete rebuild from top to bottom, including the front office. I can't stand the current roster. They would be better off at the bottom of the league. Instead of stuck in the middle as a 500 team.

Last edited:
2 for 16?!? I'm usually an apologist, but this is getting way past a bad slump.

I'd like to say I could probably go 2 for 16 if they threw me in there, but then again I remember the White Mamba challenges and be lucky if I'd actually hit the backboard once in 16 attempts in a real game.

I have no issues with Jaylen Brown. I don't think he's a ball hog or selfish player at all. If anything, he's been sucking it up and playing out of position as a SG when he's a more natural Swing/SF. His game was so much better before Tatum arrived and also in Tatum's first year or two where Jaylen aggressively got to the bucket instead of standing around and waiting for Tatum to maybe pass him the ball. Even Marcus Smart is doing a great job of playing within himself this year so far.

Tatum is an interesting player but ultimately there's a mismatch between how he sees himself and how he can best contribute. He wants the ball in his hands more than he deserves given he doesn't have an elite handle or passing abilities. He needs to be on a team where he's the clear #2 guy and Tatum as a #2 isn't that much better than Jaylen as a #2. As fans we let ourselves get dazzled with his offensive arsenal. I think we should trade Tatum while his price is high.

I'd love for the Cs to work out a trade that sends Tatum to go play with an elite point guard and in return we get a good big. Potential teams would be Memphis or Atlanta. I'd also love to see if we could somehow get Dejounte Murray from San Antonio in a Celtics jersey.

...I'd love for the Cs to work out a trade that sends Tatum to go play with an elite point guard and in return we get a good big. Potential teams would be Memphis or Atlanta. I'd also love to see if we could somehow get Dejounte Murray from San Antonio in a Celtics jersey.

I would love to see Murray here, if for no other reason than it would be the FO's way of trying to atone for passing over him, twice, during the 2016 draft... As Danny, channelling his inner Lou Gorman, might've said at the time: Who needs Dejounte Murray when Guerschon Yabusele is still available?

I have no issues with Jaylen Brown. I don't think he's a ball hog or selfish player at all. If anything, he's been sucking it up and playing out of position as a SG when he's a more natural Swing/SF. His game was so much better before Tatum arrived and also in Tatum's first year or two where Jaylen aggressively got to the bucket instead of standing around and waiting for Tatum to maybe pass him the ball. Even Marcus Smart is doing a great job of playing within himself this year so far.

Tatum is an interesting player but ultimately there's a mismatch between how he sees himself and how he can best contribute. He wants the ball in his hands more than he deserves given he doesn't have an elite handle or passing abilities. He needs to be on a team where he's the clear #2 guy and Tatum as a #2 isn't that much better than Jaylen as a #2. As fans we let ourselves get dazzled with his offensive arsenal. I think we should trade Tatum while his price is high.

I'd love for the Cs to work out a trade that sends Tatum to go play with an elite point guard and in return we get a good big. Potential teams would be Memphis or Atlanta. I'd also love to see if we could somehow get Dejounte Murray from San Antonio in a Celtics jersey.

Well said. Ball hog Tatum who isn't efficient in shooting and doesn't make plays for teammates either, this is more a style suited for a crappy non-playoff team. Watch his 4 teammates stand around the last 5 minutes of every game

Tatum had 16 rebounds in tonights 88-87 win against Philly, trade him quickly now while his value is high. I would tell teams if you want Tatum you have to take Marcus Smart too.

Tatum had 16 rebounds in tonights 88-87 win against Philly, trade him quickly now while his value is high. I would tell teams if you want Tatum you have to take Marcus Smart too.

...and take the Entire 2019 draft class as well...

Agreed though I probably move Schroeder instead. Smart is back to playing within himself and he's been super effective. I really want to see us slide Jaylen over to SF and get Romeo 20+ minutes per game.

I thought coming into this year Pritchard would eventually be the starting point guard but he barely plays. Getting rid of Smart would free up playing time for him.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back