PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021-22

Lol at Dennis Schroder. He was a joke with LA last year with his demands/indecisiveness and rejecting a 4 year 80M+ contract. His IG said he was a PG for the Lakers when he was FA.

His bizarre mystery absence during the season (then finding it out it was Covid) and then horrendous playoff performance against Phoenix sealed his fate. He won't be missed.

Last edited:
been looking for Celtics Summer League games to watch but cant find when the Celtics are on. I'm not in N.E. so i might be out of luck. I did hear/read/say highlights for Yam. Everyone seemed to be real excited over this guy.

any insight from those that watch?
You can watch Celtics summer league games on NBC sports Boston via their app, I believe. Its worth a shot. They are on now.

The original air jordans were the best shoes I ever had for playing.
I really felt like I could play better ball in those shoes growing up. I only had the 5's.

Lol at Dennis Schroder. He was a joke with LA last year with his demands/indecisiveness and rejecting a 4 year 80M+ contract. His IG said he was a PG for the Lakers when he was FA.

His bizarre mystery absence during the season (then finding it out it was Covid) and then horrendous playoff performance against Phoenix sealed his fate. He won't be missed.
On the flip side, he’s the best player in the NBA at getting under Kyries skin….he got Kyrie ejected

On the flip side, he’s the best player in the NBA at getting under Kyries skin….he got Kyrie ejected
This reminded me that the Secret of Kells was one of the better animated movies that I have watched with my daughter. The theater that we frequent has a full bar and serves food. Kells was only a 2 beer movie, the fewer beers the better the rating.
Mac will be a 71 overall in Madden. Watch the video of the rookie ratings, I love mac's answer: "it's not where you start, it's how you finish."

As for Madden 22 itself, it will be better than Madden 13-20. Franchise mode is more in depth. They have a long way to go, but they are taking a step in the right direction for hiring deuce Douglas.
This OL isn't nearly as solid as most folks here seem to believe...The OT situation is iffy, and there is ZERO quality depth after Karras...Z.E.R.O...

"...The depth is so great that the team lost one of the best guards in the NFL in Joe Thuney in free agency...and they probably won’t miss a beat..."

Wrong.

Justin Herron's no "lock" either...He was good in the KC game, and not good in every other one...Tennessee's Trey Smith should've been the pick at 197, Not Billy Sherman...And Thanksdad Ferentz absolutely ****ing Sucks. Period.

2021 Red Sox Payroll Totals​

PAYROLL TYPEBASE SALARYSIGNING BONUSINCENTIVESTOTAL SALARYTOTAL ADJ. SALARY
Active Payroll$123,042,500$75,044-$123,117,544$119,309,698
Injured Reserve Money$43,580,500--$43,580,500$28,738,374
Suspended/Restricted Money$649,500--$649,500$649,500
Retained Salary$32,826,312$125,000-$32,951,312$32,951,312
Deferred Salary$4,018,452--$4,018,452$4,018,452
Buried Minor Salary$3,158,500--$3,158,500$432,910
Total Payroll$203,257,312$200,044-$203,457,356$182,081,794
For those misguided fans who believe that Bloom and the Saux were no longer financially handicapped coming into this season, understand only 60% of payroll money spent this year has performed on the field to date while the team has been brushing up against the cap.

Forget about the injured reserve payouts, dead money and deferred salaries combined added up to $37 mill in '21... and sadly $20 mill in '22.
***** and moan all you want, Bloom has had one hand tied behind his back all year.
Non-performing payroll, cap constraints, and ownership unwilling to exceed financial parameters for short term benefit.

From my lofty perch, it has been pretty clear to me this current squad is incredibly flawed and also very lucky to achieve a high win total mostly supported by unsustainable late inning heroics. Unfortunately,162 game seasons rarely hide what teams really are....and the beat downs performed by the Astros in every game played should have been enough of a reality check to understand the true nature of this team.

Water finds its level

Last edited:
Shroder is a ballhog empty-stats loser type player. I knew LA had no chance when he went there. Can't believe the C's chose to get this chump.

Brad Stevens is already proving to be way in over his head. It was insanity to give a recently mediocre coach the title of president. He has multiple tiny ballhogs now and keeps giving away big men , when good-defending centers and PFs are always the foundation of a tough good team.

Celtics are going downhill fast.

Anybody know who Shroder's agent is? This is hilarious. Shroder came here on a 5.9m deal and turned down 4 years 84M from LA as the market fell out from under him. I don't think Shroder is a good player but this is just painful. Also he's going to be an absolute headcase because of this and a total ballhog cancer for the Celtics as he plays for a new contract.

Anybody know who Shroder's agent is? This is hilarious. Shroder came here on a 5.9m deal and turned down 4 years 84M from LA as the market fell out from under him. I don't think Shroder is a good player but this is just painful. Also he's going to be an absolute headcase because of this and a total ballhog cancer for the Celtics as he plays for a new contract.
At least he won't be sabotaging a good team. It will be fun to watch tatum and brown get all frustrated with him and smart.

At least he won't be sabotaging a good team. It will be fun to watch tatum and brown get all frustrated with him and smart.

Yeah Tatum and Brown were already chucking it up 20 times a game. The C's need a bunch of good defending role players. That's why trading away Moses Brown was idiotic. This team doesn't need more ball chuckers, it needs several more tough defensive minded role players to surround our 2 young ball chuckers.

From NY Post:

"He excelled in his starting role with the Lakers and worked well alongside veterans LeBron James and Anthony Davis. However, Schroder thought he could work out a bigger deal."

Lol. No. He had his moments, but he has been viewed largely as a disappointment with the Lakers. He didn't really make his teammates any better and his impact was rarely felt. In fact, all their moves last offseason were disasters (Schroder, Gasol, Matthews, etc.).

“The Celtics have pitched Schroder the idea of backing up Marcus Smart next season,” but, “he needs time,” following the “shock” of his Lakers fallout, according to the Boston Herald."
"The caveat with Boston acquiring Schroder is his desire to be a starting point guard."

Dennis the Menace at it again. First he was rumored to not want to play for the Lakers last season (which rubbed fans and probably the organization the wrong way), then demanded he be the starter. Rumored to want the offense running through him or some other BS so he could justify the $120M the following season (which backfired). Does it again with Boston.

As a Lakers fan in So Cal, he's largely hated out here for the nonsense he pulled before, during and how the season ended. He was embarrassing during the Suns series which got Magic and Robert Horry telling him to GTFO. And keep in mind, Lakers greats rarely talk bad about players. This is how much Schroder is hated here. I'm thankful he turned down the Lakers offer. Good luck Celtics fans.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back