PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2019 / 2020

Agree 100% . Tatum was good his rookie year but bad last year. Spending a summar with Kobe after his rookie year RUINED him. He became a ball chucking low-efficiency player like the worst parts of Kobe or Melo. He was a great finisher his rookie year
And let’s not ignore his 31% shooting in his 2 Team USA games.

Langford is a really good ball player........they are smart to let him get right.......if he was 100% at IU he would have been an easy lottery pick.
I agree ...
Also I have no problem with him on the bench ...
Kid needs a year or 2 to pack on some muscle anyways ...
My bet is he will be used as trade bait at some point in time.

I agree ...
Also I have no problem with him on the bench ...
Kid needs a year or 2 to pack on some muscle anyways ...
My bet is he will be used as trade bait at some point in time.
Who, Tatum? Nonsense. And, btw, he HAS packed on some muscle.

general question and didnt want to start its own thread...so, a team and GMs can get fined for discussing players not on their roster (I think that is the rule). Ho can players get together and discuss how they are going to form up and play together. Just saw an article where Kyrie/KD/Jordan were discussing back in 2016 how they were going to play together. How can this be ok, but personnel folks cant discuss it?

general question and didnt want to start its own thread...so, a team and GMs can get fined for discussing players not on their roster (I think that is the rule). Ho can players get together and discuss how they are going to form up and play together. Just saw an article where Kyrie/KD/Jordan were discussing back in 2016 how they were going to play together. How can this be ok, but personnel folks cant discuss it?
Because who is going to prove anything?

Paul Pierce in da house!!

down 19 early up 4 after 3......no Brown no Kanter.....smart Tatum and Hayward show

celt have thrown smart, ojeleye, Hayward, Tatum, gwill, and theis at giannis

Last edited:
That was a REAL nice win.

Caught the 1st and 4th qtrs
1st....Bucks too big/ superior shooters
4th....Bucks turtled.... just like they did vs Miami in their previous game.

Giannis has some issues. Out of control Tasmanian Devil spins to the hoop.
Refs do their best to give the guy star treatment with some absurd calls in his favor... but two night’s in a row refs couldn’t ignore his bull in a china shop approach
His free throws are a continuing problem.

The C’s..... they sure know how to ride momentum. Once it got going..... all aboard.
Fun is back now that the mercenaries have fled to the NY teams.

Caught the 1st and 4th qtrs
1st....Bucks too big/ superior shooters
4th....Bucks turtled.... just like they did vs Miami in their previous game.

Giannis has some issues. Out of control Tasmanian Devil spins to the hoop.
Refs do their best to give the guy star treatment with some absurd calls in his favor... but two night’s in a row refs couldn’t ignore his bull in a china shop approach
His free throws are a continuing problem.

The C’s..... they sure know how to ride momentum. Once it got going..... all aboard.
Fun is back now that the mercenaries have fled to the NY teams.
That game was more fun than anything I watched last season. That was a team that came together instead of giving up when things looked bleak against arguably the best team in the East (top 2 at least).

Marcus Smart proves once again just how valuable he is, both as a leader and in the incredible effort and hustle he brings to the table. He was easily the player of the game. He has also finally developed into a better three point shooter. It took a long time but last year he had a respectable percentage beyond the arc and thus far he has been pretty good in the early going as well.

I love Kemba. He has been struggling early in games with his shots but when he heats up the dude catches fire. Hayward is showing clear progress. He may not yet be the same player but he is getting closer and closer and driving to the rim with great confidence. It will be huge if he can pull off nights yesterday on a consistent basis.

Finally let’s get to Tatum. He has been getting heat this season but we just need to be patient. It is his third season only and he is better than a lot of great players nowadays were at 21. He is already proving to be a good defender and we know the man can shoot. I think right now he needs to finish his drives better. I also think he is not getting many calls his way. Have faith, Tatum is going to be a stud. He is averaging over 20 ppg in the first four. Let’s chill with the knee jerk reactions. He was dominant in crunch time.

I know this is a Celtics thread but I’m a Heat fan and a Pats fan. So humor me. I’m liking the young core the Heat have started to build. Nunn looks very good and Herro has been absolutely solid out of the gates. Butler only had 5 points last night but contributed in other ways. Nunn has been the real surprise. We still aren’t going anywhere this year but there’s at least some hope for the future that we have effectively mortgaged.

I know this is a Celtics thread but I’m a Heat fan and a Pats fan. So humor me. I’m liking the young core the Heat have started to build. Nunn looks very good and Herro has been absolutely solid out of the gates. Butler only had 5 points last night but contributed in other ways. Nunn has been the real surprise. We still aren’t going anywhere this year but there’s at least some hope for the future that we have effectively mortgaged.

they're just ok......Atlanta has the best roster in the division moving forward.......Miami is equal to the Charlotte and Orlando, and maybe a bit ahead of Washington

they're just ok......Atlanta has the best roster in the division moving forward.......Miami is equal to the Charlotte and Orlando, and maybe a bit ahead of Washington
We will see. They’re 4-1. Best start since the Big 3 era. And “just okay” would be a stark improvement over what I expected coming into the season.

We will see. They’re 4-1. Best start since the Big 3 era. And “just okay” would be a stark improvement over what I expected coming into the season.

they will be 12-21 on new year's day....they're young and they're stuck with a pollutant like Butler for the next 4 years

Herro is in the early talk for rookie of the year.

Caught the 2nd half of Heat/ Bucks a few nights ago. The Heat looked big and incredibly athletic ..... far more athletic than Boston. We’ll see if they can be molded into a cohesive group.

Caught the 2nd half of Heat/ Bucks a few nights ago. The Heat looked big and incredibly athletic ..... far more athletic than Boston. We’ll see if they can be molded into a cohesive group.
I think they’ll be molded into the best team possible since the Heat are still a Riley/Spo squad. I still think they’re out in the first round in the East, though. They’re just not ready yet. Bam has turned into a defensive presence so far this year and Nunn/Herro have been spectacular thus far. The NBA will eventually catch up with them, though, and force them to adjust.

Seeing the way Marcus Morris played last night reminded me why I hated to see him go.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back