PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2019 / 2020

Mopey Brown who runs with sh*t in pants and drafted at #3 in a 2 man draft might be used as filler to complete Boston's next trade

right now he’s better than both......you have a crappy crystal ball

right now he’s better than both......you have a crappy crystal ball
Got it on Amazon

Wish Danny didn’t overlook Siakam (27th) in that draft. Tweener Fat French Panda (16th) and athletically challenged Zizic (23rd) apparently were his freakishly untalented binkies.

Last edited:
Got it on Amazon

Wish Danny didn’t overlook Siakam (27th) in that draft. Tweener Fat French Panda (16th) and athletically challenged Zizic (23rd) apparently were his freakishly untalented binkies.
I mean even if Ainge missed twice, the majority of the league missed on Siakam just like a number of teams missed on Giannis. It happens.

Ainge’s drafting hasn’t been tremendous but on the picks where it really counted he nailed it. Danny struck gold on both Tatum and Brown. Choosing Smart in his respective draft at #6 was clearly also a good choice.

Got it on Amazon

Ya....20/20 hindsight.....ain’t that grand

except you were talking how it was a 2 man draft.....duh

Tatum playing like sh!t tonight. Throwing the ball away crying to the refs non-stop. they run to much isolation for him. i like when he gets his shots in the flow of the offense. the raptors are launching bombs.

Last edited:
Watching Tacko play is an exercise in elation/frustration swings.

I hate his jog up the court, because he's never going to get easy transition baskets playing that way.
I hate watching his teammates unable to make a basic bounce pass to his awaiting hand because they don't remember that it needs to come off the floor higher for him.
I hate watching him pull the ball to his chest/waist, where the shorter players can take it from him.
I hate him spinning into traffic with the ball on the floor, because his dribbling skills aren't strong enough for that.
I hate that he too often goes soft at the rim and settles for a shot when a dunk or layup is there for him
I hate his insistence on moving while setting picks. That's going to get him fouled out at the NBA level

I love his even keel demeanor
I love his little hook shot
I love his ability to work over other 7 footers (at least as the D-League level)
I love that he's working on this free throws (still gotta lose that mini-hitch, though)
I love that he seems to be showing legit improvement in his footwork and shoulder pumping in the blocks
I love his timing on blocks (while I hate that he's often too passively defending to get over and help)

But keep on working, Tacko! You've got a real chance to be an NBA regular.

No reason to throw many if any bounce passes to Tacko; they're harder for the passers to execute because of the higher bounce required, and it's harder for him to catch them anyway because he's less coordinated than any of his teammates.

Speaking of Tacko:

2020 NBA All-Star Game voting: Celtics' Tacko Fall stands tall with sixth-most frontcourt votes in East

To put Fall's popularity into perspective, the Celtics' 7-5 center had more votes than the likes of Bam Adebayo, Andre Drummond, Domantas Sabonis and Celtics teammate Gordon Hayward. Ironically, teammate Jayson Tatum garnered the fifth-most frontcourt votes in the Eastern Conference.

2020 NBA All-Star Game voting: Celtics' Tacko Fall stands tall with sixth-most frontcourt votes in East

rofl.gif

No reason to throw many if any bounce passes to Tacko; they're harder for the passers to execute because of the higher bounce required, and it's harder for him to catch them anyway because he's less coordinated than any of his teammates.

Tacko looks as if can handle them if they're done right, but it's only worth doing if he's down on the blocks with just his man. I've played with those tall bastards, though never anyone at 7'5"+, and you've got to get the ball to bounce up high at just the right spot, or they're going to be forced out of their position and you've screwed up the play. It's not quite a separate skill, but it can seem like it.

We can't lose games against short manned teams going forward.....

But other than that, the Celts look pretty good....

We can't lose games against short manned teams going forward.....

But other than that, the Celts look pretty good....

it's a busy month for them

I hope the Celtics don't play the sixers in the playoffs. They can't beat them. Even when embiid is out of the line up.:(

They need more legit beef. Theis as their "starting" "Center" is a joke. Kanter needs more help, and Poirier just plain sucks.

They need more legit beef. Theis as their "starting" "Center" is a joke. Kanter needs more help, and Poirier just plain sucks.
I think you are being way too hard on theis. He's been playing excellent all year.

For what they pay Kanter I like him ... he just needs the right spots.
Totally agree on Theis ... me and my son cannot stand his game.
Poirier is a project which is dumb ... just let Tacko be the project.

My son and I keep hoping ... Thies + Hayward for somebody ...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back