PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS: NFL Draft Props for Patriots First Pick

Please No DL or DB in the first 2 rounds

I want QB,WR, LB in that order

We do better with UDFA CB’s than we do
Drafting a DB in the 2nd round.
Remember these horrible picks in the 2nd round.

Terrance Wheatley
Darius Butler
Ras-I Dowling
Tavon Wilson
Jordon Richards
Cyrus Jones
Duke Dawson
Joejuan Williams

Yes the CB drafting system is totally broken. Same with wide receiver though, we haven't drafted a good one in the first 3 rounds since.... Deion Branch 19 years ago. We don't know receivers at all (NKeal Harry, Aaron Dobson). And our OC thought Tim Tebow was a 1st rounder so I'm also averse to trading up for a QB. So based on your list then we should go linebacker, Parsons or Collins.

Here’s how I see it. They could either go QB, OL, WR, TE, RB, DT, DE, LB, CB, or S with their first pick.

surprised trade back isnt there
Well first pick doesn’t necessarily mean first round, similar to last year when they traded down with the Chargers and made Dugger their first pick of the draft in the second round.

Well first pick doesn’t necessarily mean first round, similar to last year when they traded down with the Chargers and made Dugger their first pick of the draft in the second round.

I could see a trade back for Zaven Collins ahead of whoever they think would be interested to take Collins

Here's a thread for some uncensored discussion, as some threads are infested with homers who lose their minds over criticism of several years of Patriot Draft Failures.

Props are Offense -200, Defense +165.

Odds on exact position of Patriots' first pick

Quarterback +170
Linebacker +280
Wide receiver +350
Cornerback +550
Offensive lineman +1200
Defensive lineman +1800
Safety +2000
Running back +5000
Tight end +6000
Kick/punter/long snapper +50000
Rumor is belichick bet $1,000,000 on kicker/punter/long snapper and will retire with $50,000,000,000.00.

The +550 for a cornerback is a good bet, IMO. We will likely be looking at Horn/Farley @ #15......with Gilmore/Jackson having a year left on their deals.

+ 170 for a QB means that every $100 you wager on a QB you receive $170 in return plus your $100. So, NE takes a QB at 15 and you get $270 for risking $100.

Kicker is + 50,000 per $100. Vegas has made it so attractive for you to put down $100 for a jackpot like that - $50,100. Vegas knows that NE will never take a Kicker at 15, but the bet is so enticing that someone may throw some money on it and of course, Vegas keeps the money when you lose.

- 200 for Offense means that you must wager $200 to win $100 plus your $200 = $300

Again + 165 for Defense indicates that you wager $100 to win $165 + $100 = $265

Right, so if I'm BB, I get a friend to drop a hundred k on a kicker, and with the 15th pick, the New England Patriots select...

Right, so if I'm BB, I get a friend to drop a hundred k on a kicker, and with the 15th pick, the New England Patriots select...
EDIT: Just read it again.

If I'm BB, I do the above, but trade into next year every pick but the last one...and take a kicker.

I wonder now how Roherwasser got drafted last year...

A three-sport football/lacrosse/rugby standout at Fresno State...
I get worried whenever I hear some random WR/DB can also play special teams. It probably gives Bill a mini woody.

I have nightmares that the draft will come and go and we'll start touting how the old Cam is BACK baby... Of course this might just happen, with or without a veteran pickup... Oh well, if we all know what we were getting for Christmas, we'd all be Jewish.

PS, in relation to a Patriots draft, "Mini woody" is pretty funny

The +550 for a cornerback is a good bet, IMO. We will likely be looking at Horn/Farley @ #15......with Gilmore/Jackson having a year left on their deals.

Yes a good but hard decision if Horn, Devonta, Collins are all there at 15, not to mention one of the QBs...

QB. You don’t win in the NFL if you don’t have a QB. That’s the single caller, the one that has the ball in his hands 90-95 percent of the time. It is mind boggling that people that are football experts in the fans ‘ media that know more than me, are knowledgeable with football plays, can break down films etc are downplaying the Patriots getting a quarterback. They should trade down. Smh.

You don’t go year to year in the most important position in football. It is the Patriots number one need and must be filled. Without a QB, the Patriots are going to hover in the land of mediocrity, either missing the playoffs or making the playoffs and losing in the first round

Belichick is 69. He knows he can't win with Cam and he surely doesn't want to hand over a more talented roster to the next guy just to be mediocrity for the rest of his career.

You do get a QB.

Here’s how I see it. They could either go QB, OL, WR, TE, RB, DT, DE, LB, CB, or S with their first pick.
As long as there’s no N’Keal Harry equivalent of kicker out there…

if we don't get our QB of the future here I will vomit
Put $25 at +50000 on the Pats picking a punter/kicker/long snapper and your nausea will instantly go away when Roger Goodell says. "With the 15th pick in the first round of the 2021 draft, the New England Patriots select Quinn Nordin, place kicker, University of Michigan."

He's a big kid who can kick and tackle. 20-0!

There is a player for central mizzu or somewhere that is a position player and the punter.

bb must be giddy for a shot at drafting that kid.

what do you have against LS, P or K

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back