PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots QB Odds For 2021: Watson very possible, Stidham unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Vegas missed on the Brady departure, though they did adjust the odds quite a bit a month ago. Anyway, here is at least a starting point for insight into the team’s future. Most surprising to me is that Stidham is only implied odds 20% to be the starter next year, meaning that Vegas views him as a band aid solution. Watson given about 25% odds which is also quite unexpected.

NFL Free Agency
Patriots starting QB in Week 1 of 2021 Reg.Season

16320 Deshaun Watson +300
16323 Jarrett Stidham +500
16322 Trevor Lawrence +500
16321 Kyle Trask +700
16324 Dak Prescott +900
16326 Jacoby Brissett +1100
16329 Andy Dalton +1200
16328 Cam Newton +1200
16336 Derek Carr +1200
16325 Matthew Stafford +1200
16327 Taysom Hill +1200
16330 Mac Jones +1600
16331 Ryan Fitzpatrick +2000
16332 Sam Ehlinger +2500
16337 Brian Hoyer +3300
16333 JT Daniels +3300
16334 Aaron Rodgers +5000
16335 Patrick Mahomes +10000

Other than Mahomes, there's no QB I'd rather have than Watson.

Can someone please bring me up to speed with how we have a shot at Watson? Thanks

When did we skip ahead to 2021?

Where is this Watson thing coming from?

I think he's a UFA next year....and BOB just jettisoned his #1 receiver.....that and he takes a pounding....

Is there any reason to believe that Houston would not franchise him?

Can someone please bring me up to speed with how we have a shot at Watson? Thanks
We don't but it's fun to dream. Now someone tell Watson to go piss and moan to BoB about getting rid of DHop so he can make BoB do 1 more terrible trade.

When did we skip ahead to 2021?
Haven’t you heard? The season already came and went. Bill the GM killed it for Bill the coach and all of us. 2020 was a colossal dumpster fire. Stidham got benched after the first game, and Hoyer got killed by our ****ty OL which left us with Kessler. Michel’s degenerative knee held him to A meager 2.1 ypc. LaCosse was our starter at TE, and we didn’t make a single pick in the 2020 draft. Ballistic Bill just kept trading down and down and dowwwwn. Compensation for those trades hasn’t been announced, but it’s pretty much assumed we’ve got a plethora of 6-7th rd picks in the 2021 draft to work with. Brady & the Bucs went undefeated and won the Super Bowl. First thing Brady said when hoisting that Lombardi trophy was “Thank you Bill for setting me free from that cold, heartless prison in Gillette.” 2020 sucked to say the least, but HEY! We’ve got 2021!!!

I can think of a QB I’d rather have than Watson....

Love Brady. Now, if you were the Texans GM and the Bucs called you and said, we'll give you Brady for Watson, you say...?

I like that 3rd option

Love Brady. Now, if you were the Texans GM and the Bucs called you and said, we'll give you Brady for Watson, you say...?
Hell yes.

Lol imagine tho king Watson has any chance of leaving Houston

it’s completely ridiculous. There’s no way BOB will allow that to happen. We’ve officially entered silly season.

Lol imagine tho king Watson has any chance of leaving Houston
Tom Brady is a Buc and Bill O'B has proven himself to be borderline useless.

Watson? As a Clemson fan nothing would make me get over Brady leaving then Watson being in a Pats Helmet... He is the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back