PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can you imagine if we go 1-3 !!!$%!#

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a big time Cincinnati '14 vibe out of this week. Wouldn't be surprised to see a nice big welcome the **** back win 38-14

I'm getting a big time Cincinnati '14 vibe out of this week. Wouldn't be surprised to see a nice big welcome the **** back win 38-14

If Gordons not active I think we lose, just don't see how Hogan/Dorsett are gonna get open while Gronk has a blanket over him unless our D bails us out but we'll see.

Ok I'll play If Flash Gordon doesn't play...yess! I can imagine us being 1and 3.

I don't want to think about being 1-3. I think we can beat Miami with last's weeks team at home and if all players are pissed about being 1-2 and last week's game against Detroit. If Gordon plays I don't expect him to be outstanding in his first game but I hope he can help us. Thursday's game we get Edelman back that will really help if he has his timing. He should allow Brady to be more comfortable and it will force other team to focus on him and therefore give our other WRs to get more separation. BB always uses the early season games to fine tune since they ended shorten the pre season. I think we will need to go and get some better players by the deadline of October 30 if Miami is 4-0.

I don’t expect edelman to really contribute until the KC game. It gives him 10 days after Indy to really settle in.

1-3 will give us around a 14 percent chance of going to the playoffs.

I don’t expect edelman to really contribute until the KC game. It gives him 10 days after Indy to really settle in.

If Edelman is half the player he is I can see him getting 100yds and over Eight reception... He's just that dam good. Edelman knows how to get separation. Something lacking from our other Jags at the position. :rolleyes:

If we go to 1-3 i am sure we will read a lot about Patriots Run Is Over...The End Of An Era...End Of A Dinasty...and son on and so on...

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Can you imagine being entitled enough of a fan to never having to deal with starting out 1-3?

Yep. I live in southeast Texas, and the Texans have lost 10 straight going back to last season. I don't think I'll find many people that sympathize if we lose Sunday.

I too am bothered by what, uh, Sam Kellerman has to say about the team on the shout box show where he and Steven A. Samuels yell at each other when I'm at home watching The Take Shows. I don't like 2 think about how team may lose games and Sam just keeps whispering "Cliff" in my ears when i just am trying to sleep! Go Pats! We R Faaaaans!

I can. And it ain't pretty. ESPNs Sam Kellermans ugly mug keeps popping in my mind.:confused:
Nonetheless, a Pats team getting stomped on by KC in the autumn of 2014 of a score of 41-14 and suddenly finding ourselves 2-2 and BBs insistence that " we are going to Cincinnati". ... many of us believed we are going to Cincinnati and that we are going to kick Cincinnati's butt, we just knew! Pat fans were also rewarded with their fourth Super Bowl.
Now I'm not sure as we have zero running game, our secondary looks sad ,our receivers are a mess ( what was the reason again that we did not keep Brandin Cooks?) we are not pressuring the other teams QB....
Tom is taking a pay cut and is getting paid way less than he should be getting paid for a quarterback who has won 5 Super Bowls, with all the money that's being saved where is it being spent?
Getting Edelman back will obviously help, hopefully he comes back to a 2-2 team rather than a 1-3 team. Going this week against a quicker plus very talented team like the Dolphins who are 3-0 may not be what the doctor ordered.
Can you imagine if you got hit by a bus? What if your train ran late? Or if you didn't have enough money for cab fare? What if there was a tornado?! AN EARTHQUAKE?! A TERRIBLE FLOOD!!! AAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe it is the end of the Dynasty. Every team has to drop off at some point.

And I do not care.

If this is the season it all goes south, fine. What a run! It was historic, unprecedented, has no chance of being duplicated.

And, if this is the end, we have in front of us a whole new set of challenges. How do the personnel / scouting folks adjust? How do the coaches work with new players coming in to a team that needs to rise back to their former glory?

The ownership / coaches will still believe in the Patriot Way. They'll continue to (attempt - not all will get it) ingrain that state-of-being into every player. The foundation will still be here.

Let's say the drop-off is three straight years missing the playoffs. Sucks, but we've been there before as fans. And, if in year four, the Pats once again win the AFCE the entire league's first thought is "Here we go again". The 2001 - 2017 run is now legendary, firmly ensconced in the memories of every other team - Permanent Residency.

Or, we trounce the 'Phins, get to 2-2, and go 10-2 the rest of the way. And still every team's response is "Here we go again!"

Also, inquiring whether or not this offense can get a good look against this defense is a valid question.

Are you under the impression that clubs spend a lot of time matching the first team offense vs first team defense? Most of the team portion of practice is spent vs a scout team.

Maybe it is the end of the Dynasty. Every team has to drop off at some point.

And I do not care.

If this is the season it all goes south, fine. What a run! It was historic, unprecedented, has no chance of being duplicated.

And, if this is the end, we have in front of us a whole new set of challenges. How do the personnel / scouting folks adjust? How do the coaches work with new players coming in to a team that needs to rise back to their former glory?

The ownership / coaches will still believe in the Patriot Way. They'll continue to (attempt - not all will get it) ingrain that state-of-being into every player. The foundation will still be here.

Let's say the drop-off is three straight years missing the playoffs. Sucks, but we've been there before as fans. And, if in year four, the Pats once again win the AFCE the entire league's first thought is "Here we go again". The 2001 - 2017 run is now legendary, firmly ensconced in the memories of every other team - Permanent Residency.

Or, we trounce the 'Phins, get to 2-2, and go 10-2 the rest of the way. And still every team's response is "Here we go again!"

If it is the end, is it best to be an 8-8 type team, or is the "Suck for Luck" approach better. Given the needs throughout the roster, being at the top of the draft in order to have the option of acquiring additional capital seems like the most efficient method. However,"Suck for Luck" hasn't really panned out for the Colts.

If it is the end, is it best to be an 8-8 type team, or is the "Suck for Luck" approach better. Given the needs throughout the roster, being at the top of the draft in order to have the option of acquiring additional capital seems like the most efficient method. However,"Suck for Luck" hasn't really panned out for the Colts.

Unless there is a complete reload of the staff, I can't see this team laying down for draft picks. Just goes counter to everything we've seen.

Unless there is a complete reload of the staff, I can't see this team laying down for draft picks. Just goes counter to everything we've seen.

I agree, but you don't have to necessarily lay down. Playing young guys in different spots may result in some losses, but it may give you a better look at what you have moving forward. Valentine instead of Brown for example. Try Crossen at safety. Try Coleman for a few games. Things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe