PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can you imagine if we go 1-3 !!!$%!#

Status
Not open for further replies.

nORRis8

Rookie
Reaction score
I can. And it ain't pretty. ESPNs Sam Kellermans ugly mug keeps popping in my mind.:confused:
Nonetheless, a Pats team getting stomped on by KC in the autumn of 2014 of a score of 41-14 and suddenly finding ourselves 2-2 and BBs insistence that " we are going to Cincinnati". ... many of us believed we are going to Cincinnati and that we are going to kick Cincinnati's butt, we just knew! Pat fans were also rewarded with their fourth Super Bowl.
Now I'm not sure as we have zero running game, our secondary looks sad ,our receivers are a mess ( what was the reason again that we did not keep Brandin Cooks?) we are not pressuring the other teams QB....
Tom is taking a pay cut and is getting paid way less than he should be getting paid for a quarterback who has won 5 Super Bowls, with all the money that's being saved where is it being spent?
Getting Edelman back will obviously help, hopefully he comes back to a 2-2 team rather than a 1-3 team. Going this week against a quicker plus very talented team like the Dolphins who are 3-0 may not be what the doctor ordered.

1-3 doesn't kill our SB chances, remember KC started 0-5 and won 11 straight don't doubt the Goat QB/Coach especially once Gordon and Edelman are on the field, if Gordon doesn't play we might lose but this following Thursday Edelman is back and things will back to normal.

1-3 doesn't kill our SB chances, remember KC started 0-5 and won 11 straight don't doubt the Goat QB/Coach especially once Gordon and Edelman are on the field, if Gordon doesn't play we might lose but this following Thursday Edelman is back and things will back to normal.
They were 1-5 then ripped off the winning streak, but the point still applies

Things may be closer to normal on offense but the defense will still be terrible.
The improvement on offense assumes that Edelman will be 2016 form.

I can. And it ain't pretty. ESPNs Sam Kellermans ugly mug keeps popping in my mind.:confused:
Nonetheless, a Pats team getting stomped on by KC in the autumn of 2014 of a score of 41-14 and suddenly finding ourselves 2-2 and BBs insistence that " we are going to Cincinnati". ... many of us believed we are going to Cincinnati and that we are going to kick Cincinnati's butt, we just knew! Pat fans were also rewarded with their fourth Super Bowl.
So all the people talking about benching brady “just knew”? Everyone writing off this team “just knew”? No.

Now I'm not sure as we have zero running game,

2014 thru the kc game we had 97.5 rushing yards per game. This year we gave 97.7

our secondary looks sad ,our receivers are a mess ( what was the reason again that we did not keep Brandin Cooks?) we are not pressuring the other teams QB....[/quote]

We are #2 in the nfl in % of passes we have pressure on the qb

Tom is taking a pay cut and is getting paid way less than he should be getting paid for a quarterback who has won 5 Super Bowls,
Why does that matter?

with all the money that's being saved where is it being spent?
On the roster. We gave just 1 mill of cap space left.

Getting Edelman back will obviously help, hopefully he comes back to a 2-2 team rather than a 1-3 team. Going this week against a quicker plus very talented team like the Dolphins who are 3-0 may not be what the doctor ordered.
Why don’t we play the games before crying about what might happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Things may be closer to normal on offense but the defense will still be terrible.
To see our receivers so well covered and the oppositions receivers freely catching balls wide open, many times just in behind our linebackers makes me shake my head. Is it because Matt is gone, weak personnel, bad game plan?
I agree, the offense should find its way, our D...that will be a work in progress.

Meh. Coach's first year the team went 5-11. The following year they went 11-5 and won their 1st Lombardi.

I'm not worried about how the Patriots start....... I'm more interested in seeing how they end.

Meh. Coach's first year the team went 5-11. The following year they went 11-5 and won their 1st Lombardi.

I'm not worried about how the Patriots start....... I'm more interested in seeing how they end.
Over the years this has been a team that’s been able to rip off 10 wins in a row without blinking, once it found a way to things out.

We could be 1-5 and there’d still be a chance.

The defense last year allowed 32 ppg in the first 4 then 11.9 in the next 8 with no game of more than 17. It went from basically worst in the league for 4 weeks to best in the league for the next 8. And actually were #1 for the rest of the season.
This years defense has more talent and fewer injuries and had played better to this point.
Why would it be impossible for the 2018 to turn around just like 2017 did?

In fact from 2014-2017 combined in games 1-4 the patriot defense ranked 17th in points allowed at 22.2 and FIRST IN THE NFL from
games 5-16 at 17.06.

Why would this years defense change the clear trend that Belichicks defenses improve?

17.06 ppg from game 5 on is ridiculously good.

Why don’t we play the games before crying about what might happen?

Because we are the fans, right. Right? Games were played and we are 1 and 2. Thus the as you put it "crying".
Now with a team like the Dolphins coming in there is " questioning" where this team is going and what are the solutions.

Stats are fun though :
25th team offense,
20th rushing the ball
26th passing

28th total defense
22nd pass defence
31st against the run

Enjoy.

Because we are the fans, right. Right? Games were played and we are 1 and 2. Thus the as you put it "crying".
Now with a team like the Dolphins coming in there is " questioning" where this team is going and what are the solutions.

Stats are fun though :
25th team offense,
20th rushing the ball
26th passing

28th total defense
22nd pass defence
31st against the run

Enjoy.
You cry because you are a fan?
Ok I guess you feel that accomplished something.

This game is a reality check.

The bettors believe that patriots will win and go 2-2. And then this will be a normal season with the patriots in the playoffs and likely winning the division.

Alternatively, the patriots will go 1-3 and the team will need to recover from a hole as never before with Edelman and Gordon coming back (and perhaps with even more as Belichick reviews the options).

To have a chance in this game, the Pats will have to run for ball well. This will help open up the passing game. All common sense stuff right?

The Pats can’t go out there and try to pass their way to victory. It’s too easy to defend. If Gordon plays, it will be a big boost.

Defensively, they have to stop the run. Teams will not even bother throwing until the Pats can stop it. And when they do pass, they will throw short passes via crossers and outlets to RB’s due to how bad their LB’s are. Also, teams will look for matchups with anyone not named Gilmore.

Losing this game would be their worst start since 2002 losing 4 straight after starting 3-0.

To see our receivers so well covered and the oppositions receivers freely catching balls wide open, many times just in behind our linebackers makes me shake my head. Is it because Matt is gone, weak personnel, bad game plan?
I agree, the offense should find its way, our D...that will be a work in progress.
I feel our situation is do to a loss of good players with inadequate replacements.
Same thing may happen next year if our draft does not pan out.

Over the years this has been a team that’s been able to rip off 10 wins in a row without blinking, once it found a way to things out.

We could be 1-5 and there’d still be a chance.
Yup
Better hustle and take care matters pronto though
Plenty of poor teams in the past are not so poor now talentwise

The defense last year allowed 32 ppg in the first 4 then 11.9 in the next 8 with no game of more than 17. It went from basically worst in the league for 4 weeks to best in the league for the next 8. And actually were #1 for the rest of the season.
This years defense has more talent and fewer injuries and had played better to this point.
Why would it be impossible for the 2018 to turn around just like 2017 did?

In fact from 2014-2017 combined in games 1-4 the patriot defense ranked 17th in points allowed at 22.2 and FIRST IN THE NFL from
games 5-16 at 17.06.

Why would this years defense change the clear trend that Belichicks defenses improve?

17.06 ppg from game 5 on is ridiculously good.
There are multiple posts by many members stating that we have no talent, cannot draft, and let Cooks go for nothing. (Not my point of view, Just a rehash.) I agree with the wait and see attitude.

I’ll start to panic if we go 1-4, but I expect NE to win the next 2 games.

I don't want to think about being 1-3. I think we can beat Miami with last's weeks team at home and if all players are pissed about being 1-2 and last week's game against Detroit. If Gordon plays I don't expect him to be outstanding in his first game but I hope he can help us. Thursday's game we get Edelman back that will really help if he has his timing. He should allow Brady to be more comfortable and it will force other team to focus on him and therefore give our other WRs to get more separation. BB always uses the early season games to fine tune since they ended shorten the pre season. I think we will need to go and get some better players by the deadline of October 30 if Miami is 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes