PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we acquire Stefon Diggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick signs a player with the assumption that he is the general manager - not Kraft.
Why would BB sign a player and make him general manager? :confused:

You're the one that brought up his hands. I'm saying his hands aren't the reason for his low catch rate. Clearly the passes coming his way are of a higher degree of difficulty overall than someone like Edelman or James White.

Look at the 2007 offense:

Welker was 77.2%
Faulk was 77.0%
Gaffney was 72%
Moss was 61.3% (2nd highest of his career)

Certainly you're not going to say Moss let them down that year with his low catch rate compared to his teammates, right?

Ahh, if what youre saying is true then Gordons splits would bare that out and they dont.

Basically, per Football Outsiders 15% of his targets are short passes and 15% are long bombs. Approximately 50% of his targets are mid range passes. So, I dont buy the degree of difficulty angle at all. Gordon is the only player on the NE offense not at or above the 66% catch rate watermark.

Gordon 27 targets @ 52% catch rate. Matching every season that he has been in the NFL.

Edelman has only 5 more targets than Gordon 65.6% catch rate.
White has 6 fewer targets than Gordon 76% catch rate
Dorsett has 4 fewer targets than Gordon 65% catch rate.

Gordon is dragging Bradys completion numbers down to 62%. Brady was so excited to have AB on the team that he allowed him to live in the same house. And Brady and Gordon have been working together for months.

Comparing RB - WR/TE is foolish for obvious reasons. One you stated. Comparing most targets it's not even close which is harder.

Also RBs are less reliable as the game goes on. You need a catch you're going WR/TE. #'s actually speak to this as well.

White 123 targets - 751 yards - 7 TDs - 70% catch rate
Edelman 108 targets - 850 yards - 6 TDs - 68% catch rate

Old Unreliable Jimmy White cant hold a candle next to a WR.

Another good call.

lmao yeah, because if you ran an organization and gave someone hiring power you'd be perfectly fine signing paychecks to anyone. Get real.
He was fine with it. Until he submitted to media pressure and sensationalized headlines.

Another good call.

So your reasoning for Hall of Fame WR Randy Moss having just a 56.2% career catch rate is that he's just not the pass catcher James White is?

So your reasoning for Hall of Fame WR Randy Moss having just a 56.2% career catch rate is that he's just not the pass catcher James White is?
It's absolutely mind numbing that in a football forum people are so clueless abt the sport.

Spend hours upon hours here only to compare a RB catch rate to a WR.

LOL another thread people are blaming Meyers for Bradys INT!

It's absolutely mind numbing that in a football forum people are so clueless abt the sport.

Spend hours upon hours here only to compare a RB catch rate to a WR.

LOL another thread people are blaming Meyers for Bradys INT!

giphy.gif

Another good call.

same type of catches?

Great call, genius.

same type of catches?

Great call, genius.
Just as absurd. This ****in guy works for bspn & might still have a show? I only watch the games on these channels. Anyway st¡t like this is so frustrating to see repeated.

Used to love NFL matchup I believe it was?? Thought they took it off & it was on at crazy hours as well. Amazing their isnt a shot solely dedicated to x & o / A22 film talk.

He gets destroyed in the comments.

I saw those some are hilarious. Rightfully so too. It's absolutely crazy people are thinking like this in 2019 but here we are.

So now Gordon one of the leagues most explosive WR’s and generally catches everything that comes his way....and has had 1 bad game and now he has “hands of stone”?! Come on man....

Casual reminder: the guy you're speaking to continuously called Devin McCourty mediocre and replaceable, like, 5+ years ago. I wouldn't sweat the player evaluation given the source.

Another good call.

Isn't it apples to oranges tho? White is catching it in the backfield and generally no defender near him at the time. Not the same at all.

Gordon wont get into the HOF without buying a ticket

Gordon will never be as good as Moss or White.

Gordon wont get into the HOF without buying a ticket

Gordon will never be as good as Moss or White.

I never said he would be as good as Moss. I never even implied it. But can you explain the low career catch rate for Moss? Bad hands?

And let's say we could somehow go back and re-do the last 4 games. We swap White and Gordon. We put White in the exact same spots on the field Gordon was and we throw him the exact same passes Gordon has seen at the exact same times. If you think White's catch rate wouldn't be lower than it is now, then I'm at a loss for words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents