PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we acquire Stefon Diggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Diggs is that weapon.

Look at that? WIDE RECEIVERS 2019 | Football Outsiders Illustrating my point, Diggs is having a terrible season and he is ranked directly above Gordon. Also, Gordon has hands of stone 52% catch rate. Diggs 68% catch rate. Give me Diggs and send Gordon out in a trade.

Brady to Diggs and Diggs numbers would ascend in no time.

They don’t wanna give up on gordon. I got gordon going for 100 this Sunday against the deadskins.

Yes, Diggs is that weapon.

Look at that? WIDE RECEIVERS 2019 | Football Outsiders Illustrating my point, Diggs is having a terrible season and he is ranked directly above Gordon. Also, Gordon has hands of stone 52% catch rate. Diggs 68% catch rate. Give me Diggs and send Gordon out in a trade.

Brady to Diggs and Diggs numbers would ascend in no time.
So now Gordon one of the leagues most explosive WR’s and generally catches everything that comes his way....and has had 1 bad game and now he has “hands of stone”?! Come on man....

I wonder what the Pats’ honest take on Harry is. If they expect a solid contribution this year, then great. But if they don’t, you gotta think they’re going to try their damndest to get another receiver.

So now Gordon one of the leagues most explosive WR’s and generally catches everything that comes his way....and has had 1 bad game and now he has “hands of stone”?! Come on man....

52% catch rate does not lie. The number may seem insignificant but the golden number that youre looking for is 66%. Catching 2 out of 3 passes. You do that and you win. 50% passers and receivers generally dont excel in this league and rarely last on the Patriots.

Gordon has never had exceptional hands. See for yourself Josh Gordon Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Gordon isn't nearly as explosive as he once was. He's more of a tall/physical possession guy now, fighting for catches in traffic and while covered.

52% catch rate does not lie. The number may seem insignificant but the golden number that youre looking for is 66%. Catching 2 out of 3 passes. You do that and you win. 50% passers and receivers generally dont excel in this league and rarely last on the Patriots.

Gordon has never had exceptional hands. See for yourself Josh Gordon Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I don't know why you're basing the percentage of catches out of total targets as the end all way of showing how good a player's hands are.

DeAndre Hopkins didn't crack 60% catch rate until 2017. Do you question his abilities as a WR?

Gordon isn't nearly as explosive as he once was. He's more of a tall/physical possession guy now, fighting for catches in traffic and while covered.

Yes, too many years of abuse of drugs/alcohol has taken away his speed/reflexes in his legs.

I still think Gordon have a few 200yds games in him if he can hold the line. The season is still young and he hasn't done anything crazy yet. He's far from our problems on O.

Sounds like a perfect Red Zone target, one who can bring down 50/50 balls.

Triumph is my go-to for awful opinions.

The fact he's hating on Gordon makes me even more sure that Gordon is going to have a great season for us.

Sounds like a perfect Red Zone target, one who can bring down 50/50 balls.
On the end zone interception Brady threw vs. Buffalo, Gordon reportedly was open at the opposite end for a corner fade.

I don't know why you're basing the percentage of catches out of total targets as the end all way of showing how good a player's hands are.

DeAndre Hopkins didn't crack 60% catch rate until 2017. Do you question his abilities as a WR?

Gordon isnt Dandre Hopkins.

Gordon CLE 52%
Gordon NE 56%

Barely signs of progress and Brady isnt getting any younger.

James White career 73%
Burkhead career 77%
Dorsett NE 71%
Dorsett INDY 52%
Edelman career 66%
Antonio Brown PITT 65.6%
Gronk career 65.6%

Numbers do not lie. Gordon had 1 great 1600 yard 9 TD season back in 2013. 6 years ago is a long time to live off the past.

BTW, Stefon Diggs career 68% catch rate. Stefon Diggs Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Triumph is my go-to for awful opinions.

The fact he's hating on Gordon makes me even more sure that Gordon is going to have a great season for us.

Thanks

I wish that I could say that I go to you for anything at all.

Thanks

I wish that I could say that I go to you for anything at all.

Someone's gotta care about your opinion for this type of burn to work, my man.

God, another WR ***********. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight. You guys want to give up a #1 for a disgruntled WR who is on a team that is thin at WR and in the middle of a realistic fight for a divisional crown. To do it we'd have to forfeit potential cap space that could have been applied to resign guys like Brady, Thuney, Collins and DMcCourty etc. I get it. A WR is much more important than any of those guys. :rolleyes:

Thanks to DWToys for providing a least a semblance of sanity for those who feel the CONTINUAL need for adding more WR's. If you are looking for more quickness and separation, Higgins would be at least a more realistic kind of addition. But in a way his description sounds a lot like Meridith, who we already have. :eek:

I would take an average dual threat tight end over a good receiver. The TE position is what’s really going to be a problem unless the 39 year old Watson surprises us. Currently (or as of last game anyway) this has to be the worst TE corps in the NFL. Even a Dwayne Allen type mauling blocker would be an upgrade. Right now it’s so painfully obvious when a run or pass is coming.

Gordon isnt Dandre Hopkins.

Gordon CLE 52%
Gordon NE 56%

Barely signs of progress and Brady isnt getting any younger.

James White career 73%
Burkhead career 77%
Dorsett NE 71%
Dorsett INDY 52%
Edelman career 66%
Antonio Brown PITT 65.6%
Gronk career 65.6%

Numbers do not lie. Gordon had 1 great 1600 yard 9 TD season back in 2013. 6 years ago is a long time to live off the past.

BTW, Stefon Diggs career 68% catch rate. Stefon Diggs Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Why are you now bringing up RBs, as if the degree of difficulty of the majority of their targets comes close to Gordon?

How many actual drops does Gordon have this year? That's a better metric for determining hands than simply catch rate. Dorsett caught 13 of 14 before the Buffalo game, when he only caught 2 of 9. Did he drop 7 passes, or did the ball get forced to him more often?

I would take an average dual threat tight end over a good receiver. The TE position is what’s really going to be a problem unless the 39 year old Watson surprises us. Currently (or as of last game anyway) this has to be the worst TE corps in the NFL. Even a Dwayne Allen type mauling blocker would be an upgrade. Right now it’s so painfully obvious when a run or pass is coming.

I’d take Allen back in a heartbeat. You could even put him at FB and just let him block his way through if they didn’t feel comfortable with Jakob. I’m not sure if Allen is still struggling with an injury though.

Yes, too many years of abuse of drugs/alcohol has taken away his speed/reflexes in his legs.

Oh...wait, I thought you were talking about Triumph.

Someone's gotta care about your opinion for this type of burn to work, my man.
Its true.

I never read you at all. Don't really know what your opinion is about and don't really care. Quite frankly after all these years I don't recall ever responding to you until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST