PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we acquire Stefon Diggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Give this man an award!

Orchid Bob's hypocrisy sure as hell backfired on him. He put out a statement after getting busted, pleading for another chance and apologizing, but when AB makes his FIRST mistake as a Patriot- he's bang right out the door before he even knew what hit him.
This can't be overstated. All the hand-wringing about Brown, all the self-righteous cries from the media for justice to be served and AB to be cut, etc. all just magically went away the second he was cut from the Pats. If one were a conspiracy theorist one could wonder if a lot of the noise had not been cooked up by the thirty-one other owners who knew their chances at winning the SB this year (or getting there in the case of AFC teams) were not looking too good with Brady having the best weapon he has had since Moss. It didn't take a rocket scientist to watch that one game we had AB and see what was in store for the rest of the league.

If all of those social-justice warriors were still clamoring now for AB to be brought to justice, one could give some small credence to them truly caring about the alleged victims. As of the moment, it appears that even said victims are suddenly much more at peace with the world and much less traumatized by their interactions with AB...

Which makes it seem an awful lot like the whole thing was cooked up to get AB off the Pats so we didn't roll every team we faced this year on our way to #7.

Kraft should have known better, and it's really pretty negligent on his part, toward both the coaches and players and toward the fans who follow this team, that he let two highly suspect allegations and a lot of hot air about said allegations pressure him into compromising this team's chances to win #7, in what is most likely the last best chance with Brady.

The defense is all-world good; and Chicago failed multiple times back in the '80's with all-world defenses, as have other teams.

I'm not saying by any stretch that we don't still have a shot; I'm just saying that with AB we were a juggernaut, and we're not now, and that lies squarely at the feet of Robert.

I have no doubt that Robert gives not a tenth of a whit about what I think. That said, he needs to do whatever it takes to get Stefon Diggs, because he royally screwed this up and if the team and coaches and fans matter to him like he says they do, he needs to fix it.

We have never won a SB with an offense this devoid both of weapons and effective linemen. We weren't brimming over with weapons last year, but we had Trent Brown and could run the ball, and we also had Gronk that, even though he was not Gronk of old, was still one of the two or three best TEs in the game, and easily the best run-blocking TE.

post deleted - I confused Thielen with Humphries.

Who the heck is this dude and how does he get his sources?

He’s a poor man’s Incarcerated Bob. He got a lot Chiefs fans tumescent by posting that Ramsey trade was a done deal, gave specifics of the trade then the next morning (when his stated deadline had passed) he pretended that it was an April Fools joke in September with a “got ya *****!” gif tweet. Posting his tweets is now banned in Chief message boards. Pay no attention to him.

This can't be overstated. All the hand-wringing about Brown, all the self-righteous cries from the media for justice to be served and AB to be cut, etc. all just magically went away the second he was cut from the Pats. If one were a conspiracy theorist one could wonder if a lot of the noise had not been cooked up by the thirty-one other owners who knew their chances at winning the SB this year (or getting there in the case of AFC teams) were not looking too good with Brady having the best weapon he has had since Moss. It didn't take a rocket scientist to watch that one game we had AB and see what was in store for the rest of the league.

If all of those social-justice warriors were still clamoring now for AB to be brought to justice, one could give some small credence to them truly caring about the alleged victims. As of the moment, it appears that even said victims are suddenly much more at peace with the world and much less traumatized by their interactions with AB...

Which makes it seem an awful lot like the whole thing was cooked up to get AB off the Pats so we didn't roll every team we faced this year on our way to #7.

Kraft should have known better, and it's really pretty negligent on his part, toward both the coaches and players and toward the fans who follow this team, that he let two highly suspect allegations and a lot of hot air about said allegations pressure him into compromising this team's chances to win #7, in what is most likely the last best chance with Brady.

The defense is all-world good; and Chicago failed multiple times back in the '80's with all-world defenses, as have other teams.

I'm not saying by any stretch that we don't still have a shot; I'm just saying that with AB we were a juggernaut, and we're not now, and that lies squarely at the feet of Robert.

I have no doubt that Robert gives not a tenth of a whit about what I think. That said, he needs to do whatever it takes to get Stefon Diggs, because he royally screwed this up and if the team and coaches and fans matter to him like he says they do, he needs to fix it.

We have never won a SB with an offense this devoid both of weapons and effective linemen. We weren't brimming over with weapons last year, but we had Trent Brown and could run the ball, and we also had Gronk that, even though he was not Gronk of old, was still one of the two or three best TEs in the game, and easily the best run-blocking TE.
And yet, not one of them has stepped forward to sign this Athletic God.

Meridith released...

Why are you now bringing up RBs, as if the degree of difficulty of the majority of their targets comes close to Gordon?

How many actual drops does Gordon have this year? That's a better metric for determining hands than simply catch rate. Dorsett caught 13 of 14 before the Buffalo game, when he only caught 2 of 9. Did he drop 7 passes, or did the ball get forced to him more often?

You dont get how important RBs are in the NE passing offense? Their catch rates signify what the Pats look for from their WRs, TEs and RBs.

White gets lined up as a WR.

Gordons catch rate has consistently remained in the low 50s his entire career. Count drops if you want.

You dont get how important RBs are in the NE passing offense? Their catch rates signify what the Pats look for from their WRs, TEs and RBs.

Gordons catch rate has consistently remained in the low 50s his entire career. Count drops if you want.
Our offense looked stagnant against Buff I'm fully on the Diggs train

Our offense looked stagnant against Buff I'm fully on the Diggs train
Loved him coming out the draft but we never draft my receiver binkies.
Except when we drafted Chad Jackson.

You're the one that brought up his hands. I'm saying his hands aren't the reason for his low catch rate. Clearly the passes coming his way are of a higher degree of difficulty overall than someone like Edelman or James White.

Look at the 2007 offense:

Welker was 77.2%
Faulk was 77.0%
Gaffney was 72%
Moss was 61.3% (2nd highest of his career)

Certainly you're not going to say Moss let them down that year with his low catch rate compared to his teammates, right?

We had a better All-Pro WR just a couple weeks ago without giving up a high draft pick.

Kraft wanted him gone.

For cap reasons, I’d be keeping an eye on Emmanuel Sanders. The Dolphins got some picks by taking on salary to facilitate the Tannhill and Quinn trades, and the Broncos are quickly heading toward a Dolphins type rebuild. Offer them a third instead of a fourth if they pay ⅔ of the remaining contract, or something.

The Vikings, on the other hand, are projected to be over the 2020 cap and aren’t really in a position to be paying guys to leave. They need to shed Diggs’ entire remaining 2019 salary if he’s leaving in order to compensate for the 2020 accelerated dead money.

So, it's all on kraft? BB gets a free pass for giving an extremely high risk player all that guaranteed money?
Belichick signs a player with the assumption that he is the general manager - not Kraft.

You're the one that brought up his hands. I'm saying his hands aren't the reason for his low catch rate. Clearly the passes coming his way are of a higher degree of difficulty overall than someone like Edelman or James White.

Look at the 2007 offense:

Welker was 77.2%
Faulk was 77.0%
Gaffney was 72%
Moss was 61.3% (2nd highest of his career)

Certainly you're not going to say Moss let them down that year with his low catch rate compared to his teammates, right?
Comparing RB - WR/TE is foolish for obvious reasons. One you stated. Comparing most targets it's not even close which is harder.

Also RBs are less reliable as the game goes on. You need a catch you're going WR/TE. #'s actually speak to this as well.

Belichick signs a player with the assumption that he is the general manager - not Kraft.

lmao yeah, because if you ran an organization and gave someone hiring power you'd be perfectly fine signing paychecks to anyone. Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST