PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Overreacts to Kid's Criticism

The kid deserved what was coming to him. Some random high school kid insulting a #1 pick, heisman winners, MVP.

Whos football camp you are attending. Show some respect
Kids are expected to be immature. Newton handled it poorly, getting into a pissing match with a kid.

I just watched the videos finally.

Anyone who watched this and made a stink about it: f*ck all the way off.

If anything, it shows that he’s good natured and able to turn an insult into a fun back and forth. The kid is a little ****y but also being more playful than malicious.

Then in the second video, the only thing Cam doesn’t do is donate a bunch of money to the kid’s favorite charity. I mean, he engages with him to “kill him with kindness” and is really genuine.

I’ve never embraced Cam in New England, but this is some ridiculous crap.

Kids these days have no respect it’s a shame

Kids these days have no respect it’s a shame

Ehhh. I feel like every generation says, "kids these days..."

This whole incident with Cam and the kid is a nothingburger.

Cam's a good guy.

Always appreciate insights from a man without the basic decency and moral fiber to hold true to his word, thanks man.
Go put on your pajamas and have some nice hot chocolate.

Nobody will care about this within a week. He will and likely already has gotten a stern talking to. He was wrong and was immature but so are a lot of people his age.
I agree with you. However, the damage is already done IMO.

We try to teach our kids that you NEVER say anything on social media that you don't want the world to know and "track" (teenangers). When my one boy has a meltdown, I video with my phone. Honestly, he looks like a pissed off idiot. I tell him anytime he is with a group of people (particularly his age) and those people have cell phones, he HAS to keep his composure because he has no clue who may be videoing him and where that video footage may end up.

My boys aren't high school football players looking for a scholarship (one does run track pretty good), but if you're looking and hoping to make sports perhaps a career down the road, this basic "social media training" should be instilled in these young people that their actions can have consequences down the road because their moments of sheer stupidity will be documented for years to come on various types of social media.

If you're good enought to be invited to play in a tournement like this, you darn well should realize that any attention other than good behavior isn't going to help you down the road.

Heck, bad behavior can even affect your choice of college...

Years ago my one boy wanted me to take a very stupid picture of himself doing something "funny" in his mind. I didn't want to take such a stupid picture but I did. I still have it on my phone 5 years later and to this day he can get freaked out that I will show it in a family setting (I don't LOL). My point to him is you want to take a pic of yourself doing stupid crap, if you aren't the one taking the picture, you have no clue where it will end up.

We live in a farming community. Rural school. I'm amazed at my one son's black friends who love to use the term "nigga" via social posts like it's completely fine with the term. Black person says nigga on social media, guess it's all right. White person says "nigga" on social posts, all haydes could break out because it's wrong.

Not a fan of Cam's response at all. Mocking back "I'm rich" repeatedly at a poor teenage kid is a bad, bad, bad look.

I actually gained a lot of respect for Newton over the year regardless of the quality of his play. Not any more.

Not a fan of Cam's response at all. Mocking back "I'm rich" repeatedly at a poor teenage kid is a bad, bad, bad look.

I actually gained a lot of respect for Newton over the year regardless of the quality of his play. Not any more.
Lol

My kids do ok in school, good family and I take my truck out back on my own property to hunt. I consider myself pretty rich although I'm not a millionaire.

The kid was being an arse by saying poor by money standards, but perhaps Cam was responding in life in general.

That said, since Cam has been paid at least 100 million dollars since he's been playing, the kid was more than stupid by his comment IMO. The kid got attention and his name will always be associated with that media post HE made.

I will say this. Cam was really in a damned if you do or damned if you don't situation. He takes the high road and people claims he isn't tough enough to take trash talking from a kid. He does what he did and people say he is thin skinned.

I happened to see the video again and I really wish this was never recorded. Regardless of the kids age, we fans talk garbage to athletes since the beginning of time. It is fun to get any kind of reaction out of the stars. Booing, yelling hey batter batter etc should never be discouraged. Yeah the kid should be happy to just be in the presence of a high profile nfl player but this is tame and I wish neither of them apologized.

Yes it is rude, but I don't want to live in a society where fans can't tell someone like Jordan Richards that he sucks. We are well aware that he is a smart guy from Stanford and athletic enough to even make it to the NFL, but he still sucks.

I happened to see the video again and I really wish this was never recorded. Regardless of the kids age, we fans talk garbage to athletes since the beginning of time. It is fun to get any kind of reaction out of the stars. Booing, yelling hey batter batter etc should never be discouraged. Yeah the kid should be happy to just be in the presence of a high profile nfl player but this is tame and I wish neither of them apologized.

Yes it is rude, but I don't want to live in a society where fans can't tell someone like Jordan Richards that he sucks. We are well aware that he is a smart guy from Stanford and athletic enough to even make it to the NFL, but he still sucks.
You're aware that this wasn't at a game, right? That it was a camp at which Cam was volunteering his time to help this chucklehead become a better player?

I mean, equating it to a fan heckling an opposing player is a weird route to take.

That kid needs a beating. Cam handled it better than most of us would. Our future is not in good hands...

I will say this. Cam was really in a damned if you do or damned if you don't situation. He takes the high road and people claims he isn't tough enough to take trash talking from a kid. He does what he did and people say he is thin skinned.
One of my good friends referees middle school/high school sports and he said it puts an adult in a weird spot when a kid starts talking sh*t to you. As a ref at least you can toss them but aside from that you have to stand there while some punk talks crap.

You're aware that this wasn't at a game, right? That it was a camp at which Cam was volunteering his time to help this chucklehead become a better player?

I mean, equating it to a fan heckling an opposing player is a weird route to take.

I'm guessing it was more than just Cam volunteering his time. I would wager that some money came out of his organization throwing this "camp" together. The kid was an arse in the worst way possible basically attacking Cam verbally. Then when he apologizes (the arse) it's all misunderstanding and miscommunication because he didn't mean any disrespect.

The kid doesn't even know how to apologize.

Sorry, I'm with Cam on this one, where is his father (or mother)? They should have at least told him how to apologize the right way.

That kid needs a beating. Cam handled it better than most of us would. Our future is not in good hands...

Lucky for us, our society really isn't in football players hands no matter what age they are LOL

Punk kids are a dime a dozen. Been around forever. Thing is, now we get to watch video clips on how stupid kids are.

If by “Bamboozled” he means “can’t throw the ball anymore” then yeah.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back